Slinky Dog Dash vs Test Track

Which is the better ride?

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Mouseketeer
toy-story-slinky-dog-ride-16x9.jpg

test-track-presented-by-chevrolet-00.jpg

I’ve always liked Slinky Dog dash better than Test Track. Biggest draw is the waiting times. Once you get on slinky dog, you ride the roller coaster. With test track, you have to go through all the ads, and customization of the car…which really doesn’t do much but give you a random visual. Then when you get off the ride, you have to walk through all the Chevrolet cars and you can’t get out of there easily…especially if your youngster wants to ride again….it’s just easier just to go on slinky dog in my eyes.

Not to mention, test track goes down numerous times a day, whereas slinky dog goes down much less

I'd say Test Track because of the wait. It takes forever to get on Slinky Dog. We've only done it once. Test Track does a single rider line so we generally walk right on. Plus it's mostly indoors so you escape the heat for a bit. I did like Test Track much better before they changed it and removed the whole story so that it really makes no sense now and I hate the design part so I just skip that and go straight to the ride.

I would also add that even though Slinky Dog is a great ride, I hate Toy Story land. It is so narrow and congested I hate going in there. Honestly, between that and Galaxy's Edge (not a Star Wars fan), DHS has become my least favorite park.

TT might be the most overrated attraction Disney has ever built. What's the attraction? That there's a section that goes fast? I don't get it.

If it's not even as good as its (dreary) original Test Track incarnation, what's the actual draw? FOMO?
I think the original Test Track had a fun and mildly educational storyline. The ride is still identical now but it lost a lot when they took away the story. But as I said, I like that we can usually just walk on. Not too many rides like that at Disney.

I would have had a harder time choosing if it was the original Test Track vs. Slinky, but as it is, I find Slinky to be the superior ride (not taking into consideration *anything* other than the ride experience itself).

i like slinky more, haven't been on test track since 2016 and really have no desire to go on it again. i usually wait and rife slinky closer to park close, its not as hot out and the wait is a lot shorter. last time i went in january the posted wait time was 40 minutes and we actually waited 15. plus i think toy story land looks prettier at night.

Not sure what point you are trying to make, but maybe it's a good thing that everyone doesn't have identical preferences on rides?
The point is I don't see the entertainment value or greatness of an attraction whose only draw is that you get to ride fast in a car! Or maybe it's just FOMO.

And yes, it's great we all have different preferences. I love Country Bear Jamboree. So there you go.

Slinky dog is the more fun ride for sure. TT lost a lot with the 2.0 version IMO as it's a highly stylized version instead of proper education.

The point is I don't see the entertainment value or greatness of an attraction whose only draw is that you get to ride fast in a car! Or maybe it's just FOMO.

And yes, it's great we all have different preferences. I love Country Bear Jamboree. So there you go.
There are other handling events during the ride (cobblestone, lane change, etc.) and there is a bit of a storyline regarding automotive design to targets.

I feel like this same argument could be made about pretty much any ride at WDW if you ignore the story line and theming. There are far better targets at EPCOT if you want to talk about bad attractions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter