Slinky Dog Dash Fast Pass

Right now our FP for a party of 6 for SDD is from 7:20-8:20 p.m. but I'm hoping that we can move it up some. If not, I guess we will get there early to rope drop it! I've been trying to modify it every day with no luck.

Modify is a strategy that really only works well on the day-of. It does not work the days/weeks/months before. They also release extra fastpass inventory at 11:01am, 1:01pm, and 3:01pm. If you are diligent about checking the app the second the clock hits those times, you can often get FPs. We've gotten FOP that way, but you do need to be quick on the trigger as they go fast. Note: that is a separate strategy from the day-of modify.

Modify is a strategy that really only works well on the day-of. It does not work the days/weeks/months before. They also release extra fastpass inventory at 11:01am, 1:01pm, and 3:01pm. If you are diligent about checking the app the second the clock hits those times, you can often get FPs. We've gotten FOP that way, but you do need to be quick on the trigger as they go fast. Note: that is a separate strategy from the day-of modify.
Those are not the drop times for SDD.

I didn’t realize they were different for different rides. What are they fir SDD?
Those times can be found in some previous posts but they prefer we not openly discuss drop times. A search here, or Google, should turn them up.

Wow, it sounds like some have had rough times at rope drop or exaggerate a little. We have rope dropped every day the last two Summer vacations and have never been pushed, shoved, elbowed, hit in the head.....I would never ignore SDD. I think it is a wonderful coaster and I wouldn't ever go to Disney and not ride it. I think it is even cooler to do at night with the land all lit up.

Those times can be found in some previous posts but they prefer we not openly discuss drop times. A search here, or Google, should turn them up.

The whole point of this board is to be helpful. Who is the the "they" that doesn't want this info shared?

To the OP: I found another post that said the Toy Story Land drop times are 9:31, 12:01, and 2:31. I have not verified that myself, but that's what I could find.

I think I have seen posts that the moderators prefer the exact times not be discussed.
It may be that it would dominate threads as the times seem to change periodically. Just a guess on my part.
I have no issue looking at other sites to find the current times before a trip.

Don't change your plans!!!

Because you hold an SDD FP, you won't have scroll to look for one when you modify.

If you check here & there a couple times a week (no more 7am on the dot checks). You will likely have it moved up before your trip. If not, the night before HS, modify, modify, modify. If you still don't get it, the morning you visit HS, modify, modify, modify, on the bus, in line for security, while in line at your first ride (even if that's SDD). You will get that FP you hold moved up.

Same thing for FOP, search occasionally until your trip, take any time available. Then modify, modify, modify. You'll get it too.

I got 2 FOP as 5th & 6th FP for an evening trip to AK, the ride times were 45 minutes apart.

ETA: when you do your occasional spot checks before you leave, make sure you refresh times for 5-10 minutes each session. Don't expect something to appear on the first opening. Too long to explain why, just do it.

This is a fair point! I've found it much easier to modify in the past than to obtain a FP for a popular ride from scratch. Not sure why this is, but it is frequently the case for me.

FWIW touringplans.com is giving HS a crowd level of 1 that day. This should make for shorter lines and lighter crowds and should be more civilized. I hope so anyway as this is the day we will be visiting HS.

Early Morning is great. If you focus on Slinky there is no reason you wont be able to ride it 2 or 3 times plus get in Toy Story and Alien Invaders possibly a few times each as well. Seems then you can hit your Rock N Roller FP, then go eat all before 10am.... GOOD LUCK!
This is our plan at the end of July. EMM HS and do SDD mainly and the other available rides, head to a 9:05 RnRC FP and then Star Tours. We have a 7am entry, so I’m hoping to possibly eat prior to everything, otherwise we’ll do it before Star Tours.

Here's what happened to me yesterday. We leave in 13 days. Woohoo! I made our FP at 60+3 for HS. I also got a 7PM time for SDD. Yesterday I was checking and was able to move it up to 11:50AM.
So my suggestion is to keep it for now because at least you have it and then keep checking. At the 2 week mark, it seemed I could move a few things around as there was more availability for FP. I'm hoping there will be more availability as we approach the actual day and on the day.

BTW, I also got a 7PM time for FOP (60+2). Nothing available there. I keep checking but hoping day of I will get lucky.

Here's what happened to me yesterday. We leave in 13 days. Woohoo! I made our FP at 60+3 for HS. I also got a 7PM time for SDD. Yesterday I was checking and was able to move it up to 11:50AM.
So my suggestion is to keep it for now because at least you have it and then keep checking. At the 2 week mark, it seemed I could move a few things around as there was more availability for FP. I'm hoping there will be more availability as we approach the actual day and on the day.

BTW, I also got a 7PM time for FOP (60+2). Nothing available there. I keep checking but hoping day of I will get lucky.

I think I will definitely try to modify like so many people have said. While I haven't had luck yet with SDD, I was actually able to snag a FOP FP for my AK day by modifying. I am hopeful that as I get closer I can get my plans closer to where I want them!

I have been checking every day with no luck. We have 6 people with a fp to ride it at 7:20, but haven't seen any other times available every time I check.

Hi Everyone,

I am going to Hollywood Studios on Tuesday August 20th. My 60 day window opened today. So far I have booked the following:

Rock N' Roller Coaster 9:15am - 10:15am
Tower of Terror 12:10pm - 1:20pm
Slinky Dog Dash 5:00pm - 6:00pm.

I went on MDE this morning exactly at 7am and still couldn't get an earlier time for Slinky Dog Dash.

I usually don't like to have my third fast pass so late in the day as I won't be able to book additional fast passes until later. Also, my idea for Hollywood Studios was go in the morning for maybe a half day, I then potentially wanted to head to Trader Sam's and/or park hop, then go to my 7pm reservation at Artist Point and head to Epcot EMH after that.

I feel the 5pm fast pass time slot forces me to change my original game plan. Am I better off keeping the fast pass and forgo the afternoon Trader Sams/park hopping or should I try to do a morning fast pass for Alien Swirling Saucers or Toy Story Mania and rope drop Slinky Dog Dash. This is our first time with the Toy Story expansion so I definitely want to hit these rides.

I also was considering doing Slinky Dog Dash during Hollywood Studios EMH earlier in my trip, but since I couldn't get a fast pass for Flight of Passage either I probably need to rope drop Animal Kingdom that day.

Would appreciate anyone's advice.

Thanks,
Brittany
I hope your fast passes at HS worked out. I was just wondering how did you manage to get all 3 of those rides as fast passes - aren't they all in the same tier?

I hope your fast passes at HS worked out. I was just wondering how did you manage to get all 3 of those rides as fast passes - aren't they all in the same tier?
That poster went on August 20 which is before the FP tiers changed to add RnRC and ToT to tier one.

The FP Tiers at HS changed August 29th.
They got there just before the Tier change..

Brittany,

Welcome to the Disney FP system. Unfortunately, unless you are staying a long period of time, it hard getting morning FP for attractions such as Slinky. When you stay 8 or 9 nights, you tend get the earlier morning FP's on the back end of your trip.

2 things to look into, although both with cost you more money.... After Hours at Hollywood. Usually $129 per ticket unless you are DVC, then you get a discount. This is not available all the time, usually select nights, so keep checking back. Really good though. It is after the park closes. Last time i did it there, we were able to ride the 3 you FP plus Toystory like 3 or 4 times each and still had time to do more if we wanted....The second thing to do which might work for you since it is in the morning is the Disney Early Morning Magic - Toy Story Land... Again, this ticket is a paid ticket for approx. $79 but also includes breakfast. So you enter into the park (toystoryland ONLY). You ride those 3 rides multiple times before the park opens, then you get breakfast included as long you go eat before 10am. This works great as well. I'm at the point because FP are hard to come by for the times i sometimes want that it is just easier to purchase the extra tickets and do the early mornings or the after dark's... Again, both are only on select nights... But worth the money in my opinion... GOOD Luck...

And to JenBurke comment, how did you get 3 tier 1 FP at the same time???

Thanks.

John

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter