Slinky Dog and H&V pre park strategy help!

Emily Moretti

Earning My Ears
Ok, we currently have an 8:10 ADR for Hollywood and Vine. Does anyone think there's ANY way to get through that meal and get over to Slinky Dog by 8:55 ish or am I doomed to be at the back of the line of rope drop crowd? Any advice appreciated!

Ok, we currently have an 8:10 ADR for Hollywood and Vine. Does anyone think there's ANY way to get through that meal and get over to Slinky Dog by 8:55 ish or am I doomed to be at the back of the line of rope drop crowd? Any advice appreciated!
You can enter Studios a little before 8:00a and will be seated at H&V as soon as you check-in. Pay for your meal at that time.

If you are there strictly for characters, it can take 45 minutes for all the characters to rotate through. That puts you behind all the rope drop guests who have entered the park and are being held prior to entering TSL.

If a low wait time for SDD is your goal, you should skip H&V and just meet the Disney Jr. characters at their meet and greets.

Something to keep in mind is that I recently read that Rope Drop at DHS is in reality at 8:45 rather than 9:00.

Can anyone who has been there recently confirm/deny this? I believe I read it somewhere where they were discussing the EMM at DHS as those who have purchased EMM have 15 mins less than they may think.

Something to keep in mind is that I recently read that Rope Drop at DHS is in reality at 8:45 rather than 9:00.

Can anyone who has been there recently confirm/deny this? I believe I read it somewhere where they were discussing the EMM at DHS as those who have purchased EMM have 15 mins less than they may think.
Several bloggers have been there recently and yes, RD is really 8:45, not 9:00 (which would tick me off if I bought the early entry ticket)
I'd drop H&V and meet the characters in the park, or try to get a 10am ressie to let you get done TSL before breakfast

Several bloggers have been there recently and yes, RD is really 8:45, not 9:00 (which would tick me off if I bought the early entry ticket)
I'd drop H&V and meet the characters in the park, or try to get a 10am ressie to let you get done TSL before breakfast
Early entry is listed as 7:30-8:45 specifically bc they let the crowds in early.

As others have said, you need to decide which is more important, RD for SDD. Our experience is they let people in the park to Sunset BLVD 30 minutes before opening and over to TSL 15 minutes before official opening.
You pay enough for a character meal, that I would not rush through it to try and get to a ride. If you do the character meal, relax , enjoy it and see all the characters.
If you try to do both, I don't think either will be good. You will be worrying about getting out in time and not enjoy the meal. And probably get out too late and miss RD anyway.

You can not do PPO H&V and rope drop TSL.

If your concern is Jedi training, because of the mad dash to TSL, it appears that signing up for Jedi is no longer a high rd priority. You can do this after TSL, and there should still be ample spots.

Make it a 10 or 10:30 breakfast at H&V. Have a light snack prior to going to H&V for rope drop. By the time you finish TSL, it will be hours since you had that light breakfast, and you'll be hungry for a big buffet meal, and tired enough to enjoy a long break from touring.

This will be a brunch for you, so you'll save on both time and money, by not having lunch also. You'll be good to go until dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter