• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

sling tv

coastiewifern

DIS Veteran
Has anyone tried their service? We are mostly interested in subscribng because we miss watching live sports. How has your experience been with sling and ESPN? We have an apple tv with an ESPN app on it but it doesn't seem to show live events.

We just purchased it after we cut all cable with Direct. It definitely has a lot of sports- we primarily wanted the SEC network to watch college football. So far so good....just know that it is "live" so there is no watching the football game from yesterday or recording tomorrow's game. They do have a free trial to check it out. If you prepay 3 months, you get a free roku stick- we use it in my son's room.

We combined it with hulu, netflix, and amazon and use our roku boxes to access it.

We've used it since the day it hit the streets. I love it, though I have some issues with it. The issues don't have anything to due with picture quality, it has been as reliable as Netflix and Amazon, my nitpick is with some of the features. Side Note: not only can you watch live tv but some of the channels let you browse back and reply a any program for the past 3 days. Things I don't like is if I accidentally sit on the remote and stop the program I'm watching (that is not live but a reply from the past 3 days), I have to restart it from the beginning. The service can only be used on 1 device simultaneously, though it may be installed on many devices at the same time. Overall though I would give a thumbs up.

Things I don't like is if I accidentally sit on the remote and stop the program I'm watching (that is not live but a reply from the past 3 days), I have to restart it from the beginning. The service can only be used on 1 device simultaneously, though it may be installed on many devices at the same time. Overall though I would give a thumbs up.
That is SO annoying. I stopped the service in April and was thinking about starting it back up soon, but that is almost a dealbreaker for me, haha. I mostly watched previously-recorded things with it.

You can also log in to the WatchESPN app with a Sling subscription, so you get more sports stuff with that, I think some live games are included. I don't watch any sports, so I'm not sure what's on there... but it's something :)

That is SO annoying. I stopped the service in April and was thinking about starting it back up soon, but that is almost a dealbreaker for me, haha. I mostly watched previously-recorded things with it.

You can also log in to the WatchESPN app with a Sling subscription, so you get more sports stuff with that, I think some live games are included. I don't watch any sports, so I'm not sure what's on there... but it's something :)

It's annoying yes but not a deal breaker for me. My wife only watches HGTV or DIY, there is no other way to really get those. In the end I feel what we get outweighs the little things that annoy me.

We bought a Fire Stick from Amazon and found out that Sling TV is one of the apps we could get. Haven't tried it out yet, but we expect to do the two week trial this summer at some point.

It's annoying yes but not a deal breaker for me. My wife only watches HGTV or DIY, there is no other way to really get those. In the end I feel what we get outweighs the little things that annoy me.
It is a great service for cordcutters, don't get me wrong. Plus the price is great, and they just keep adding to the channel selections. BBC America should be coming at some point, that's exciting. I may sign back up when that shows up.
I just forgot how much I hated that bug. I wish there was a way to fast forward, or that it would at least save your last place on a show. I haven't had cable at all my entire adult life, maybe I've just been spoiled.
There is some HGTV, DIY, Travel channel, and Food Network stuff on Hulu and Netflix, but not a ton. That's where I've been getting my fix.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter