• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Slightly OT: need hotel recommedation for Saturday night to save points

MrsNick

<font color=darkorchid>sometimes out of desperatio
Hi, just scheduled a flight for Saturday evening that gets us into Orlando airport around 9:30 PM.

We're scheduled to stay at VB from Sunday thru Thursday on points. Need a decent (but inexpensive) hotel to stay at on Saturday night, and don't want to burn points (or cash) at any of the WDW DVC's (or the VB DVC for that matter) since we're checking in so late, and it's just a place to crash for the night before starting nice and early for VB.

My idea was to stay at/near the airport. Any suggestions as to which hotel?

Or, alternatively, does anyone have a recommendation as to a decent and inexpensive hotel that we could stay at near VB for that Saturday night?

Thanks!

Depending on your budget and what the offers are for your dates I would try these (I've stayed at 2 of the them):

Amerisuites Orlando Airport Northeast (careful, there are 2 of these)
Hilton Garden Inn
Fairfield Orlando Airport
Hampton Inn Orlando Airport

All should have an airport shuttle. Car rental places are nearby if you want to wait to pick up till the next morning. I don't remember any place to stay near Vero Beach that would qualify.

Check out www.biddingfortravel.com to get an idea of what bids have been winning on Priceline and bid for a 3* hotel. Sometimes I bid 2 1/2 * hoping to get Amerisuites because I love their breakfast buffet. This is our constant late MCO arrival strategy, and it works out well for us. I take the shuttle back to MCO in the am to get the rental car, especially if that saves a little on the car rental.

The one hotel that was not listed is the one that I usually stay at in those same circumstances: La Quinta Inn.

I don't have a problem with the other hotels suggested, but I've found La Quinta to be consistently good. The others are sometimes hit and miss in terms of friendliness of staff, cleanliness of room, et cetera.

La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Airport North
7160 N. Frontage Rd.
Orlando, FL 32812
(407)240-5000

Take their shuttle to the hotel and then shuttle back to the airport the next day. Walk your luggage to the Magical Express, get on board, and you're off.

However, wherever you decide to stay, just lay down, click your heels, and say, "Tomorrow, Disney. Tomorrow, Disney.":cool1:

You guys are awesome, thanks! :goodvibes I think I will check into the Priceline bidding for a 3*. That seems reasonable, and thanks for the tip about taking the hotel shuttle back and forth, then renting the car in the AM. I can go get the car while DH gets dressed (he's a little slow out of the starting gate in the mornings since he works nights, lol).

If anyone else has any tips, please keep them coming :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter