Slightly disappointed with HRH stay

NCRedding

I've strayed
We had a terrific stay at HRH last October, so when we had a few extra days after our cruise, I booked HRH for 2 nights at Entertainment rate. It was much more crowded this year than last year (we were there 1 week earlier last year). While it is still a great hotel, we had a few problems. In our room: the remote didn't work-it would turn the TV off then right back on. It normally wouldn't have been a problem, but DD got sick mid-way through our stay, so I was stuck in the room with her. The safe was locked open, not closed, and would not accept a code to reset it. When I called to the front desk, they said I needed to call security to come to the room, but security said front desk had to handle it!--so no safe for the trip. Our loews first gift: we picked the movie and popcorn, and were told that the voucher and popcorn would be delivered check-in night after 7 (2 separate employees told me this) By our second night, at 8, we still hadn't received it, so I went to the front desk, and was told it would be to the room in 20 minutes. 1 1/2 hours later, I went back to desk--the worker there chastized me for expecting it any earlier, and said I would get it--go back and wait. When I got back to the room, it was there. Unfortunately the voucher had to be taken to the front and validated--I sent DH who said that the front desk apologized "for making me mad". There was also makeup on the pillowcase on the bed, and we never received maid service--we left the room at 8:30 and arrived back at 4 with DD who was sick. I still like the HRH. I had planned on staying there in June and Oct. of 2004, but may try PB or RP. Thanks for letting me vent.

Very sorry your stay wasn't up to par. Your review, like many others recently, seem to indicate that the level of service at the HRH isn't as consistent as the other two resorts. We had intended to stay at the HRH for our first trip on-site, but after reading all the reviews (yours included), we're switching over to the PBH. Thanks for your review.

The HRH really needs to get there act together service wise. Some of things you mentioned are simply not acceptable. We had a few issues also when we were there this summer and have heard quite few things from others. I can't wait to try RPR next month, I have heard they have great service. It seems sometimes the staff at the HRH is too concerned with looking and being "cool", when they should be concerned about customer service.

That being said, when I voiced my concerns (several times before receiving an answer), I did get a response and was happy with the way they chose to rectify the situation. They should compare notes with the Portifino and RPR to see how many customer complaints they have - I bet that would open their eyes.

That is simply unacceptable not to have maid service before 4. And a sick kid on top of it, so you don't want them coming in while you are there. I think I have an email from the manager if you want his name or email address.

I just wanted to say i know how you feel i've been there done that. I took my cousin whom i'm great friends with and her dd and my dd for spring break this past April. We decided (she) that we'd each pay for a room and discussed hotel options. I have NEVER stayed anywhere but the PBH and wanted to keep it that way. But she was not swayed by my pleaded and i was curious to see the other hotel so i bought the PBH then she bought the HRH for a night. My company LOVED PBH and the morning we were set to check out she wanted to stay there! NOPE sold out now. Anyways we have them transfer our things over to the HRH we get the car brought around and say good-bye to PBH and hello to misery!!!!! We pulled up at the HRH nobody even noticed us. So she insisted she's stay and get some help with the car and voucher to have it parked and our bags we carryed in the car. I went to check in. It was nice in the lobby and i thought okay it's not that bad. The time the desk clerk opened her mouth it went from bad to worst and just a series of crappy service related things happened. We where happy to leave the next day. When i came home there's an email sitting for me "oh we hope you loved your stay yad yad". Well i let loose on my unpleasant CSR and had names to boot! Anyways the manager contacted me via email and gave me a free one night stay to reconcile the wrong on that trip. So hence we are off to give HRH a SECOND try by default (poor time of year>LOL). Anyways i am not real excited to stay at the HRH even though i have been given a King Deluxe as an upgrade before i even get there i'm just not thrilled atall. My husband has never stayed there so he wants to see it like i did the first time but there will be NO MORE trips to the HRH unless it's FREE again for sure. I have ressies in April booked for RPH and i was upgraded to Club level rooms right over the phone. That's was nice but i guess that's lowes plat benefits working for me. Just wanted to say i feel your aggravation loud and clear.

I am sorry to hear about your stay. They need to get their act together. The reviews just keep getting worse. We are going to try them, but I doubt we will spend a whole week there like we originally planned.

Thank you for sharing.

NCRedding, thats just too many things combined that didnt go right! I would have been a little more than upset if all that happened. You may want to consider writing a letter. If nothing else they need to hear about these issues so they are aware!

Its not so much the things that went wrong as it is the way they were handled! Customer service at HRH needs to take a look at PBH and RPR to see how it should be done!

I'm heading there in December for a quick stay but still may change plans and stay at one of the other 2. I am going to be on the lookout for more posts like yours and make a decision.

Sorry you had to deal with this on vacation. :( Thank you for sharing this with us.

Wow... when it rains it pours!

Funny how it's never just one thing... a whole series of little things (and big things) can really put a damper on things.

On the bright side.. your toilet did not clog or overflow which seems to be a big problem at HRH... I was expecting you to say that it did!

Hopefully your next trip will go better.

>>^..^<<

I have been following all the threads on the HRH....past few months... and just about everyone has spoken of their disappointment from their stay the last time, blocked toilets, closets not shutting, customer service not good, televisions not working, delays, breakfast downstairs - restaurant closed, It's soooo sad - because it's such a lovely hotel in terms of atmosphere. A few months ago, I was threading trying to work out how I could afford to stay there.......but now...........I'm not so sure.....the RPH is soo wonderful sounding.

"When it rains, it pours" Exactly how I feel. It was just a series of little problems, with no customer service. I have emailed using the Loews site contact, but would appreciate the address for the manager if anyone has it. I hadn't heard about the overflowing toilets before, thank goodness. We didn't need that to happen with DD's illness!

Hard Rock Hotel [HRHCS@loewshotels.com]
Lou Carrier,
General Manager

Good luck.

WOW - I thought that I was the one that clogged the toliet. I feel better about that now, that it wasn't just me. It happened three times!!! But I loved my stay at HRH, the short and beautiful walk to the parks and no waiting for the rides. I would stay again. I WANT to stay again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter