Slight Panic re Swan

GoofyinNY

<font color=FF66FF>To be tagged is to wait happily
I was reading some old posts, and some of them mentioned that there was a mold problem at the Swan. They stated that some of the rooms had heavy mold. This would cause a problem for me, as I have a mold and mildew allergy. In fact, the reason I selected the Swan over the Dolphin was its recent renovation. (In most cases a renovation would take care of any mold problems.) Still, I'm concerned. Should I switch to the Dolphin?

Swan and Dolphin experts please respond.

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy:

I have heard this mentioned too but only secondhand. I am VERY sensitive to odors, scents, etc - takes very little to set me off. We stayed in room 1262 late July and encountered NOTHING out of the norm. Noticed nothing 'growing' nor any unusual smells. Possibly call a few days ahead, and specificially request that your room be thoroughly cleaned, etc. If it is not satisfactory when you check in - ASK TO BE MOVED.

I would be in serious trouble in a very newly remodeled room - the wallpaper paste, carpet and paint would set me off in no time flat!!!!

we stayed at he swan in 2001 and never had any mold problems. My DS and myself are asthmatics and triggered by mold so we would notice it. If there is a problem just call the front desk and they shuld change rooms without any problems. I wuld email them ahead so they have something in writing "just in case".

We were at the Swan over New Year's 2003. Our room was great. The bathroom was spotless. Just make sure you ask for a room that has been refurbished.

I've heard this too, we've stayed at the Swan 5 times and never had a problem in any of our rooms with mold.

We stayed at the Swan in 2001 and the Dolphin in 2002 and never encountered any mold or moldy smell.

Relax and have a great time!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter