Sleigh ride at Ft Wilderness

msgoofy

Mouseketeer
Visiting next December and we are interested in doing a sleigh ride. If you have done one, did you enjoy and do you feel reservations are necessary?

We have done it, it is expensive and short but for us it was worth it. You will absolutely need to make reservations, they have 4 sleighs and they are booked solid every night.

We did it, don’t think I would recommend. Very short, didnt think that the few streets that it went through was particularly spectacular, expected more. We got the DVC discount and thought it was expensive for what we got. Would personally choose something else to do. I agree with the above, you will need advance reservations. Dress warmly, hats scarves, gloves, night was cold there.

We did it this year. We enjoyed it. It was relaxing and peaceful after a day in the parks. We had our reservation right before our Hoop Dee Do. The driver gave us a lot of information about the campgrounds, took us through several loops that were decorated, and told us about some o the families who come every year (nothing personal) for weeks or months at s time. Definitely need reservations.

If you are mainly interested in viewing the decorated campsites, rent a golf cart and you'll see much more. You can view the entire campground! If you want the magic of a winter horse-drawn ride, with llimited viewing, then the "sleigh ride" might be worth it. What you see will be completely dependent upon who is camped in the loops that are close to the waterfront area. You will miss some of the best (1600 for example). If you decide to rent a cart - do it at your earliest convenience - they sell out during the holidays.

If you are mainly interested in viewing the decorated campsites, rent a golf cart and you'll see much more. You can view the entire campground! If you want the magic of a winter horse-drawn ride, with llimited viewing, then the "sleigh ride" might be worth it. What you see will be completely dependent upon who is camped in the loops that are close to the waterfront area. You will miss some of the best (1600 for example). If you decide to rent a cart - do it at your earliest convenience - they sell out during the holidays.
I know this is an old post, but am I correct in assuming you can rent a golf cart even if you're not staying at Fort Wilderness?

I know this is an old post, but am I correct in assuming you can rent a golf cart even if you're not staying at Fort Wilderness?

Great question! I am not sure about that but I would think that any resort guest would be able to (but I shouldn't presume anything, lol!). You could call cart rentals to check.

Yes you don't have to be staying at the Fort to rent a cart. They are a great way to go "looping" and see the camper decorations.

Just keep in mind the carts are rented per day and nothing less (not per hour). Also the day basically coincides with the check-out and check-in times. Once you call to make a reservation, your credit card is charged for the rental about one day before your rental starts.

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter