Sleeping dilema

Do the air mattress or the cot. Or, as PP suggested, try one of the mods that has the trundle bed that DD could sleep on.

As many have suggested, the solution is an inflatable bed. I do like the aerobeds as they have the motor and inflate so quickly that it's not a problem to deflate and reinflate every night so they are not in the way. I have 2 boys ages 12 and 14- they do not want to share a bed either. And, I'm not comfortable sharing a bed with either right now as well. We have used ours w/ no problems at POR and even POP. As for requesting the trundle at POR, I was told last summer that they save those for 5 people parties so I would not count on it.

Yep. Within the last 18 months, ALL of the double beds in CSR have been replaced with queen-size beds. Which makes it unique among the moderate resorts in this regard. At least for now. Its possible that the other moderates will follow suit later. :cutie:

We do the air mattress thing for our 7 year old. He thrashes so much that NO ONE will sleep with him, so he has his own space on the floor. It's never been a problem.

When we travel as a family, me, DH, DS15 and DD18, We ALWAYS bring an inflatable mattress. Never a problem and we stand it up for mousekeeping.
We put it in our suitcase.

The kids alternate who sleeps on the inflatable mattress. Whoever got the bed last trip will get the mattress this trip. Never an issue, they fight over the inflatable mattress.:laughing:

CSR has room by the window- just move the ottomans.I can confirm 2 Queens- stayed there in Oct ad Dec.
I would put DD8 on the mattress just because she is smaller and takes up less room on the floor.

There is also plenty of room in the vanity area. You can close the doors to close off the vanity area if everyone gets up at the same time and you don't need that area open for early risers.

Have a great time and don't stress over it too much. It is an easy fix.

I would suggest POR as well. You'll need to get a room in the Alligator Bayou section, where they have pull out trundle beds which DD could sleep on comfortably.

I always crashed with my brother on our vacations. If it's that big of a deal - get a rollaway. It will be tight in the room, maybe put it by the door - the area by the sink will be too tight, and the space between the beds is too skinny too.

If he's putting up that big of a fuss, rollaway or tell him to pay for his own room!

I also suggest getting an inflatable bed for your son. Make sure to bring bedding as Disney won't supply you with any. You don't even have to deflate the mattress during the day if you don't want to, just prop it up against the wall.

Your other options are:
(1) A room at Port Orleans Riverside in the Alligator Bayou section. The main beds are Doubles (not Queens) but there is an additional trundle bed which is big enough for an 8 year old.
(2) A family suite at All Star Music which sleeps up to six.
(3) A cabin at Fort Wilderness which sleeps up to six.
(4) A Deluxe resort that has a day bed which sleeps up to five.
(5) Rent points from a DVC member and book a 1-bedroom at Animal Kingdom Villas or Bay Lake Towers. Those 1-bedrooms sleep 5.
(6) Stay off-site in a condo and everyone gets their own room!

Wow....so many people think siblings in the same bed is that strange?? :confused3

I'm sorry if they were mine the siblings would sleep in the same bed and there would be nothing "weird" about it.

I didn't say it was 'strange'...I just don't think it's the best solution. Everyone has their own way of doing things. What works for your family may not work for someone else's family.
I don't even ask my two girls to share a bed..they are 33 and 16!!! When my dh went with us, last summer, he and I had the master king bed in our villa, 33 y/o dd had the sleep sofa and dd, 16, had the aero bed..and loved it.
When it's just my dh, dd and I traveling, my dd and I share a bed and dh gets the sleep sofa. Dh is 6'4", dd is 5'9" and I am 5'8"....so, dh is more comfy on his own, and I have no issue sharing with our dd.
But..others might not want to do that either.

Just because others don't agree with specific choices some make, doesn't mean that they think those choices are either strange or weird..they just don't want to do things that particular way. It's amazing how defensive we get when others don't appreciate our way of doing things.

Personally? I think a 17 y/o young man doesn't need to be sharing a bed with his 8 y/o sister, unless it's absolutely neccesary. And, in this case, it isn't. There are other solutions.

If you are not totally set on onsite, you can rent a 2 bedroom at Bonnet Creek Resort which is next door to the Caribbean Beach Resort. You can rent through vacationupgrades.com for like $120 a night including all the taxes.

This would give you 2 bedrooms (one king, one with 2 doubles) full kitchen, 2 bathrooms and a double size pull out sofa.

Just an idea...

Have an awesome trip!

Or, just let him sleep on the floor without the air mattress if he wants....:thumbsup2

He is a teen boy, I am sure he is not looking for any special attention or this to be made a big deal of. I worked with teen boys for years at our church and they don't care if they sleep in chairs/floors or any other available space. Even when given air mattresses and such to sleep on, many would just forgo the hassle or need of it and sleep on the floor.

He's 17, tell him what options are available and let him decide.

I noticed that some said that CSR now had queen beds. Do the rooms feel more crowded now? I always thought that the moderate rooms were kind of small to begin with.

As for the 17 year old, just invest in a twin aerobed and bring it along. He and the little girl could even take turns sleeping on it.

I understand what everyone is saying, but I don't think I would want my kid sleeping on the floor when I am paying the money for a Disney vacation. Just my opinion.

I really think Disney should at the very least allow rollaways like other hotels do.

I posted earlier in this thread - CSR reportedly does have rollaways for rent. But, to be completely honest, it's not the hotel's responsibility to provide the individualized bedding format required by each party. As long as they don't exceed the room's maximum occupancy, Guests who don't want to share beds can provide their own sleeping accommodations (i.e. inflatable mattress), allowing them to all sleep comfortably while not sleeping directly on the floor.

I haven't read the entire thread, so please forgive me if this has already been suggested... I've seen inflatable bolsters that would be smaller to pack and probably cheaper than an air mattress. If you put one of those down the middle of the bed, it could divide it so your DD and DS could share a bed but still have their own space. Just a thought...

I posted earlier in this thread - CSR reportedly does have rollaways for rent. But, to be completely honest, it's not the hotel's responsibility to provide the individualized bedding format required by each party. As long as they don't exceed the room's maximum occupancy, Guests who don't want to share beds can provide their own sleeping accommodations (i.e. inflatable mattress), allowing them to all sleep comfortably while not sleeping directly on the floor.

What she said!:thumbsup2

Thanks for all the advice and suggestions. We found a small disney princess mattress and my daughter has happily volunteered to sleep on it : )

Yay, back to planning...

Thanks for all the advice and suggestions. We found a small disney princess mattress and my daughter has happily volunteered to sleep on it : )

Yay, back to planning...

Congrats on finding the princess mattress and your daughter is happy with it. Happy planning and have a magical trip

Cot or room with trundle, bunks etc. At 17 he is basicly a man and a 7 yr old can be very restless in beds. He should get the bigger bed because he is bigger or they could switch if DD would feel bad about cot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter