• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sleeping arrangement questions

princesspwrhr

DIS Veteran
How wide are the pull-outs in the oceanview Magic rooms? It's been several years and I'm trying to work out sleeping arrangements. Could 2 teens sleep on it?

If you have concierge family stateroom or 1 bedroom then the couch pulls out into a full bed plus another twin pull down

I slept on the couch.....no way 2 could fit.
DS had a room that slept 5, there were 4 of them. Queen, sofa, Murphy and buck.
DD had the adjoining room and did not have the bunk, but there were only 2 of them

Thanks- that's what I was afraid of. Last time we went was a family room but the twins were 10 and there were only 5 of us. Now we have connecting rooms with 2 adults and 5 teenagers. (4 & 3 on the reservation) Not a single one will fit on the bunk and there's no murphy.

Thanks- that's what I was afraid of. Last time we went was a family room but the twins were 10 and there were only 5 of us. Now we have connecting rooms with 2 adults and 5 teenagers. (4 & 3 on the reservation) Not a single one will fit on the bunk and there's no murphy.
I’d look into getting a 3rd room then or looking for the Deluxe Family ones that sleep 5.

How wide are the pull-outs in the oceanview Magic rooms? It's been several years and I'm trying to work out sleeping arrangements. Could 2 teens sleep on it?
No. Two 5 year-olds couldn't sleep on a Disney oceanview cabin sofa bed. That couch doesn't "pull out" per se like a hideaway bed. Rather they pull down the back of the couch to make a mattress surface for sleeping. It's strictly a one-person bed.

Last edited:
A picture is worth a thousand words. This is from the Dream, but it's the same on the Magic:

The sofa back folds down, and there's a twin sized mattress inside it. The sofa, bunk, & murphy beds are all twin size.

A picture is worth a thousand words. This is from the Dream, but it's the same on the Magic:

View attachment 619160

The sofa back folds down, and there's a twin sized mattress inside it. The sofa, bunk, & murphy beds are all twin size.
Thank you- I don't have pictures of the beds down from our previous cruises and for some reason, my brain had the sofa bed going out into the room and the ladder on the side. The boys are both over 6 ft and neither of the girls are top bunk people. Should be an interesting first day. lol

Thank you- I don't have pictures of the beds down from our previous cruises and for some reason, my brain had the sofa bed going out into the room and the ladder on the side. The boys are both over 6 ft and neither of the girls are top bunk people. Should be an interesting first day. lol
Nothing a game of Rock Paper Scissors (lizard, Spock if you like Big Bang theory) can’t solve 🤣

We have two college age sons over 6ft tall and a high school senior daughter who is 5'8. The choice we gave them was make the bunks/1 murphy twin bed work or pay for your own cabin. It's amazing how all the gripping was resolved once the bank of Mom and Dad placed limits on their funds. They slept on their sides, bent their knees and made it work for the week.

Good luck, It's a whole new world traveling in those interim years when your kiddos are quickly approaching legal adulthood or are young adults, but your still footing the bill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter