Sleeping 5 in the world hotels

mrs705

Mouseketeer
Hi, we are looking to book our next trip. Which hotels will sleep 5 in one room. Unfortunately, we can only get one room because of the high rates. We are looking for mid to deluxe level hotels except the Beach club and Polynesian which we have already stayed many times. Want to stay somewhere we have never been. Curious if Animal Kingdom sleeps 5? We have stayed there once before our kids and liked it. Thanks guys!

We're a family of 5 and Port Orleans Riverside (our favorite resort) has rooms that will sleep 5, but one of the beds is a child size pull down, along with two queens. There are also family suites at the value resorts that sleep five. When we priced our upcoming trip the Contemporary was listed as an option for 5. Animal Kingdom Lodge does have one room suites that sleep 6. There are probably more options as well.

Hi, we are looking to book our next trip. Which hotels will sleep 5 in one room. Unfortunately, we can only get one room because of the high rates. We are looking for mid to deluxe level hotels except the Beach club and Polynesian which we have already stayed many times. Want to stay somewhere we have never been. Curious if Animal Kingdom sleeps 5? We have stayed there once before our kids and liked it. Thanks guys!

If you are looking for a standard room (not suite or villa) that sleeps 5 in the deluxe or mod category, you could consider Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Yacht Club, Boardwalk, POR and CBR (though, with POR and CBR, the "5th sleeper" bed is child-sized, which might be ok depending on the ages of children in your family). WL has a deluxe CL room that sleeps 6 and AKL has suites that sleep more than 4, but if you are concerned about rates, those definitely won't be your most affordable options. In the mod range, you could also look at Ft. W cabins and some suites at CSR.

Thanks for all your replies! I have been looking at rates for the end of June and the value resorts like AOA and pop century are almost as much as the deluxe resorts. How can this be? Port Orleans is Moderate level but cheaper than the value resorts? Does this make sense?

I've noticed that too with some moderates being cheaper. Like was mentioned, something like Port Orleans Riverside or Caribbean Beach might be good for you. I know the feeling. We're a family of five and it's getting worse as the kids all get older and need more privacy and bathroom time. The only real negative I had with Riverside is that it was a walk to get to the restaurants/pool/buss unless you had a preferred room. We stayed off property last time because we could get three times the space for half the price and that worked out for us. We used the money we saved to do after hours events to make up for not having fast passes at 60 days.

Thanks for all your replies! I have been looking at rates for the end of June and the value resorts like AOA and pop century are almost as much as the deluxe resorts. How can this be? Port Orleans is Moderate level but cheaper than the value resorts? Does this make sense?
The skyliner now serves AoA and Pop, so the prices have gone up. We have stayed at AoA several times and love it. For a family of 5, the suites definitely give you more space than a traditional room, plus you have two full bathrooms. That extra bathroom is so nice!

Have you considered renting points and getting a villa? The cost is usually a fraction of what Disney charges. The down side is that someone else is in charge of your reservation but if you do it through a site like David's they really make it as worry free as possible. Might be something to consider, although I wouldn't wait long since you are already within the 11 month window.

For a family of 5 I would go with the family suites... AOA is a great choice... I love the fact you have a door to the bedroom, which is nice for some privacy... or if you have the kids napping, being able to still watch TV... and move around and talk is nice... as well the space is a real perk... 2 full bathrooms, for a family of 5 is nice, helps get everyone out the door faster, 2 TV's are a plus, as well the call a kitchenette, especially if you have little ones... it gives you somewhere to put snacks, and drinks... and with a table you can always have breakfast and rotate everyone in and out while everyone is getting ready...

Have you thought about renting a DVC... from David's DVC rentals? I know alot of people rent from them, they have wonderful reviews... our friends rent from David's every year, and have always been very happy about their experience... It might be a option for you to check out.

What are the ages?

Before we purchased DVC, we stayed at POR. When they got a little older.....we stayed at the Embassy Suites in Lake Buena Vista. That same year, we bought DVC.

AoA suites, which sleep 6, typically price out more than mod rooms.

Something to consider is the number of bathrooms you'll have. I recommend renting points for a 2 Bdr villa. 2 bathrooms and those easily sleep 5, plus mom & dad can have their own room. We did OKW last April with 8 (6 adults and 2 kiddos).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter