"Sleep-Around Points" (SAP) - The Thread

Is consensus Best SAP Contract an SSR contract? If not, what is?

• Yes, SSR is the best SAP

Votes: 81 58.7%
  • Aulani Subsidized

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • AKV

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • Poly

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • VB Subsidized

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VGF (look at the low annual dues and high point chart!)

Votes: 9 6.5%

• Total voters
Wait CCV at $125 point 🧐. Now I need to do some number crunching and swap out an SRR contract. 14 extra years for the family. SSR still priced way more then I paid for it. Need to seek out that ROFR thread and fire up that spreadsheet. Need to see what a 250 Point SSR with April UY would net for. Schedule a family zoom meeting.

What a couple weeks on the forums, really just started reviewing again for New Polynesian potential resale start date.

Agree with you EPCOT Forever. No retail for us!

Wait CCV at $125 point 🧐. Now I need to do some number crunching and swap out an SRR contract. 14 extra years for the family. SSR still priced way more then I paid for it. Need to seek out that ROFR thread and fire up that spreadsheet. Need to see what a 250 Point SSR with April UY would net for. Schedule a family zoom meeting.

What a couple weeks on the forums, really just started reviewing again for New Polynesian potential resale start date.

There have been some great CCV deals, I just closed on one last week. Waiting on Disney to load it. 200 pts @ $125 full 2023 points

Be careful. That thread is DANGEROUS!

There have been some great CCV deals, I just closed on one last week. Waiting on Disney to load it. 200 pts @ $125 full 2023 points
Man, between ROFR thread and this one, its a potent cocktail to make anyone drop their point inhibition’s!!!🤤

After a weekend of seeing amazing deals on threads and DW reminescing about her fave 1-BRs…now I’m casting some lines to catch me a fat contract or two! Hahaha 🤪

So how much did you originally pay for your SSR points? And what are you planning to swap it out with…Copper Creek?

So how much did you originally pay for your SSR points? And what are you planning to swap it out with…Copper Creek?
We paid in high 60s. I would explore a couple Cooper Creek contacts. We need more points so it would more then 250 new points. Still need need to maintain one of my Saratoga contracts for Blue card status which good for the occasional Moonlight Magic trip not critical but since we have it I like to keep it. Only sale Saratoga after new points acquired. Desire is new Polynesian but the high point cost for a 2 bedroom in October may make us rethink our strategy. But we need an 70s end date Resort at some point. Also juggling multiple home resorts gives me some pause.

We paid in high 60s. I would explore a couple Cooper Creek contacts. We need more points so it would more then 250 new points. Still need need to maintain one of my Saratoga contracts for Blue card status which good for the occasional Moonlight Magic trip not critical but since we have it I like to keep it. Only sale Saratoga after new points acquired. Desire is new Polynesian but the high point cost for a 2 bedroom in October may make us rethink our strategy. But we need an 70s end date Resort at some point. Also juggling multiple home resorts gives me some pause.
Been itching for Blue card status for years; but just never could pull the trigger on the cost differential. Being west coasters, the benefit is much less for us.

DVC is trying to rectify that with the recent DLR star lounge which looks nice and definitely a good respite in the summer months; but still not enough to bridge the differential for direct points at 210+ PP

I will add this..... we have had 175 points at Copper Creek since 2018. In the 14 visits since we have been DVC owners, we have only stayed at our home resort 1 time. We just don't plan trips until 4 to 1 month out.

Trying to add an additional 190 points at OKW via resale now. We tens to do long weekends at 1 or 2 br locations.

We purchased SSR sight unseen in 2017. We knew we didn't care where we ended up as we look at as just a place to sleep. SSR at the time was the most economical by my calculations. In those years and about 10 stays we spent 1 week there and even though we got Carousel it was a great stay. I guess we have been lucky as we either find avalibility elsewhere at 7 or our waitlist fills.

Been itching for Blue card status for years; but just never could pull the trigger on the cost differential. Being west coasters, the benefit is much less for us.

DVC is trying to rectify that with the recent DLR star lounge which looks nice and definitely a good respite in the summer months; but still not enough to bridge the differential for direct points at 210+ PP
What sized contract are you considering?

The 150 point contracts at VGF and Riviera are less than $185pp after current summer incentives and Magical Beginnings (lower if you rent out 2023 points after renting 2022 back to Disney thru MB) .

…if you have a later UY like Dec.

You should also check out the “Favorite Weeks” thread if you haven’t already. I figure your profile is similar to ours… i nearly added on VGF because of it!!🤣

I will add this..... we have had 175 points at Copper Creek since 2018. In the 14 visits since we have been DVC owners, we have only stayed at our home resort 1 time. We just don't plan trips until 4 to 1 month out.

Trying to add an additional 190 points at OKW via resale now. We tens to do long weekends at 1 or 2 br locations.
Seems like a vote each for Copper Creek and OKW to be placed on ballot for future polls!

So SSR is best based on math (point cost + dues) or is there location preferences involved as well?
I guess it depends on the person, but has anyone done the math on every resort & avg cost to see if it is mathematically true?

So SSR is best based on math (point cost + dues) or is there location preferences involved as well?
I guess it depends on the person, but has anyone done the math on every resort & avg cost to see if it is mathematically true?
Yes. In fact it seems every couple months someone shares their spreadsheet outputs with us, as I once did here as well.

Right now if you straight line it (buy in / years) you will probably end up with Grand Floridian or SSR on top.

But if you do the math the way an accountant or a financial professional would do the math, SSR has led, for as best as I can tell, since the OKW (2057) dues passed the SSR ones around a decade ago. SSR also leads in that it just costs a lot fewer dollars up front vs VGF, and hopefully by 2053 you’ve made some more money and can rebuy if needed.

The long term prognosis is impossible to guess. OKW was once famous for having the lowest dues, now they’re among the few highest. You kinda have to make some assumptions and hope you’re right. But the evidence says SSR.

SSR is maturing nicely. My family, who doesn't know they shouldn't like SSR, likes it a lot. :laughing:
I have avoided SSR like the plague In March, it was the only DVC available for the 2 extra days we were staying. (DH & I)
We ended up loving it....leisurely walking from Congress Park to Springs and eating dinner, taking boat rides to OKW, Dixie Landings (yes, PO Riverside) and French Quarter. Forgot how relaxing and lovely these boat rides were from those resort. Hadn't done in at least 25 years. It was so nice to park close to our studio.

Needless to say, we totally changed our mind about SSR. I own at BCV/Poly and we did miss the Skyliner & monorail but SSR was shockingly pleasant. I need not prejudge things.

I have avoided SSR like the plague In March, it was the only DVC available for the 2 extra days we were staying. (DH & I)
We ended up loving it....leisurely walking from Congress Park to Springs and eating dinner, taking boat rides to OKW, Dixie Landings (yes, PO Riverside) and French Quarter. Forgot how relaxing and lovely these boat rides were from those resort. Hadn't done in at least 25 years. It was so nice to park close to our studio.

Needless to say, we totally changed our mind about SSR. I own at BCV/Poly and we did miss the Skyliner & monorail but SSR was shockingly pleasant. I need not prejudge things.
It really is a great resort. Each resort has its pros/cons and SSR undeservingly has the title of resort of last resorts. OKW gets a lot more love on here for being the first DVC property and being known as the most homey feeling but during our last stay it just wasn't for us. I may change my mind when I try the 1/2/GV at OKW but SSR's studio was superior IMO and we love being within walking distance to Disney Springs. We'll likely spend the extra 1-5 points a night to stay at SSR/AKV during our budget trips from now on and forego OKW studios at least.

Last edited:
SSR is maturing nicely. My family, who doesn't know they shouldn't like SSR, likes it a lot. :laughing:
Same! ...and DW is the discerning type!
After the reno--us too! He even said, $99 resales, maybe we should get some at SSR!
We lucked out choosing it as our first contract for SAP! Better lucky than smart!

They really knocked it out of the park with that refurb!
It really is a great resort. Each resort has its pros/cons and SSR undeservingly has the title of resort of last resorts. OKW gets a lot more love on here for being the first DVC property and being known as the most homey feeling but during our last stay it just wasn't for us. I may change my mind when I try the 1/2/GV at OKW but SSR's studio was superior IMO and we love being within walking distance to Disney Springs. We'll likely spend the extra 1-5 points a night to stay at SSR/AKV during our budget trips from now on and forego OKW studios at least.
Agree!

If I had my own car, I would probably love SSR
As a family that always drives to WDW, it makes a big difference. We prefer locations where the parking is more convenient (VGF1, BLT, SSR, OKW, Kidani) over resorts where it’s a pain to get back and forth to the car (Jambo, BWV, BCV, VGF2, RIV)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter