• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Skyliner to Riviera for QS breakfast?

Disneymom1102

Mouseketeer
Are they still restricting the use of the Skyliner to go to the resorts if you don’t have an ADR? We’d like to go from Skyliner stop by Epcot to Riviera Resort for breakfast at the quick service restaurant. Wife read on past reviews they will not permit this (esp. before Epcot opens) but wasn’t sure if the rules have changed in the last few months.

I rode the Skyliner last week and there was no one asking you if you were staying at the Riveria etc.

Disney is/has been limiting parking your own vehicle at resorts without an ADR, they are/have not been limiting access to resorts for anyone using any form of Disney's internal transportation system. The only issue you may run into is trying to use the Skyliner outside of its posted hours of operation (which is usually 1 hours before gates open [including ETPE] and 1 hour after closing.)

Last September we were staying at the Boardwalk with friends. We took the Skyliner over to Pop Century on one of our Epcot mornings just to walk around and grab breakfast. They would not allow us back on the skyliner to the Epcot stop (our resort) because it was more than an hour before Epcot opened (it was opening at 11am at that point I think). I forget how we ended up getting back, but I think we took the skyliner over to HS, then boated back to the hotel. lol Lesson learned.

We've never had a problem taking the skyliner even if it was to just look around at a resort.
Similar to taking the monorail around to look at the monorail resorts.
If you aredriving and try to get into a resort where you are not staying or have an ADR, often you will be turned away.

In the past, I have tried to mobile order at Primo Piatto (the Riviera QS) from the Skyliner and the app gave a notice that only guests staying at the resort could use mobile order. However, my husband tried on his phone and didn't get the message, and we were able to order.

We've traveled there via Skyliner for the purpose of eating at PP several times, and this has only happened once, and that was during a busier time. No one will keep you from taking the Skyliner to the resort, the only possible issue I know about is that you might get that message if you want to mobile order. If you do, I advise refreshing and trying again, or just walking up to order once you get there. If it's not the morning breakfast rush, my hunch is that you won't be turned away (to be fair, I really don't know if that's true for sure).

You may have issues if it's earlier than the posted hours for the Epcot line. They do run it earlier to allow Riviera guests to get to CBR/DHS, but they do (at least sometimes) turn people away trying to board the Epcot line at CBR if they don't have an ADR. I'm not sure about the Epcot station.

I've also not had any problems/questions when using the skyliner. In January, I used the Skyliner several times to access QS at another resort from BCV. And a CM told me that the blueberry lemon pancakes were outstanding at Riveria, so I was planning on trying them on my next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter