Skyliner to ohana

thebigdisneydaddy

Mouseketeer
Hello, we will be at pop and have an Ohana breakfast reservation on our Epcot day. Can we go from the skyliner and then transfer to the monorail at the ticket transport stop? What is the best way to get from pop to poly?

Well,, that’s not very practical because the Skyliner station is at the Epcot back gate, and the monorail is at the front. You’d have to have a ticket and a park reservation for Epcot, enter and walk all the way through to get to the monorail.

The best way using Disney transportation will be to take the bus from Pop to MK and then the monorail, ferry or launch from MK across/around the lagoon to Poly.

Well,, that’s not very practical because the Skyliner station is at the Epcot back gate, and the monorail is at the front. You’d have to have a ticket and a park reservation for Epcot, enter and walk all the way through to get to the monorail.

The best way using Disney transportation will be to take the bus from Pop to MK and then the monorail, ferry or launch from MK across/around the lagoon to Poly.
OP stated that it is their Epcot day.

You can definitely do what you are suggesting. You will have to walk from the IG to the front of the park which should add maybe 15-20 minutes to your time. I have done the same thing from IG going to MK many times and it’s definitely doable. Plus it’s another excuse to walk through Epcot

Edit: I noticed that you have a breakfast reservation. The timing of that along with Epcot hours might eliminate this as an option

If you do end up taking the monorail from EPCOT to the Ticket and Transportation Center, you can walk from there to Polynesian - the walk would probably take the same or less time than waiting for the monorail to Polynesian
It's barely a 10-minute walk from the TTC to the Poly. Easy and pleasant.

You can end up taking more time getting off the Epcot monorail, down the ramp, over to the resort loop monorail ramp, up to the station, wait for the train, etc. even though Poly is the first resort loop stop.

What time is your reservation? This would only work if EP is open when you want to walk through it. Otherwise take a Lyft. Disney buses are pretty bad right now so I wouldn’t rely on a bus to MK to try to get to breakfast.

Uber, Lyft or Taxi is your best bet. What you are describing is a logistical nightmare.

Completely agree. OP, if you don't want to lyft/uber/taxi to Poly, I would take the bus to MK and the ferry or monorail to Poly (I prefer the ferry to avoid monorail stops and possibly break-downs). From Poly, you can then walk to TTC and catch the monorail to EP.

Alternatively, perhaps consider Cape May, Trattoria al Forno or Ale and Compass for breakfast on your EP day. It would be much easier to get to any of those restaurants via Skyliner and then simply walk to EP.

Uber or taxi will definitely be the fastest and most convenient, but will cost some $.

Doing the skyliner, then making the hike across EP (given that EP is even open) is pretty long.

If you don't want to pay for transport, personally I would do the bus to MK, then monorail or ferry to Poly (or TTC as others suggested)

I think the timing of your reservation is the most important thing here. If it's really early (like before 8AM), Disney transport options would be fairly limited because buses may not be running yet.

In that case, I'd probably go uber to Poly, monorail to EP, and then Skyliner back to Pop at the end of the day.

Depending how early the reservation is I’d personally either
1) $ for a ride share
2) skyline to STUDIOS than bus to poly

Disney Transportation bus ( Guardians theme preferred ) from resort to MK then Mono to Poly. Quickest and most direct route. Later when you are at Epcot you can take a ride on the Skyliner ( Tangled theme preferred ). No matter how you get it done, Enjoy the ride.

Or you could take the Skyliner to DHS and then a resort bus to Poly.
This was going to be my recommendation too. We did this the morning we had a reservation at Steakhouse '71. We took the Skyliner to DHS then hopped on a bus to the Contemporary. It was super simple to do.

You could easily do the same but as suggested by @T.G.I.Friday, take the Skyliner to DHS then hop on a bus to Poly.

IF you are already at Epcot when you are wanting to depart to go to Ohana at the Polynesian, then exit Epcot out of the front gate (not out of the International Gateway entrance), take monorail to TTC and then switch to the resort monorail to get to Polynesian.

If you're at Pop when departing for the Polynesian, take bus from Pop to MK, then monorail to Poly.

A lot depends on how early your breakfast reservation is and on your adventure/risk tolerance (especially if you have kids in tow). The standard answer is that resort buses start running an hour prior to park opening but I've found that the first bus of the day usually comes an hour and a half before the park opens. Several times when I've had Kona Cafe breakfast reservations, I have taken the bus from Pop to MK and either walked to the Poly or taken the boat or monorail over. If you go this route though, you have to be aware that the resort transportation start times can be mercurial so you might have to pack it in and do a ride share if the first bus is slow that day. The MK security checkpoint has had no problem with letting me go through early to use the Poly transport to make an early breakfast reservation but you could get a Barney Fife type who says no. I've had pretty good luck; a few times I was even the only one on the first bus and the driver offered to drop me off directly at the Poly.

Yeah..I would just not do a breakfast at O'hana that day. Bus transit could be slow, skyliner run into issues, then there may be underestimating the time. But that's me not liking cutting it potentially close for a breakfast

If you can switch your O'hana breakfast I would do it on a day when you'll be going to MK afterwards.

Conversely if you have a car you could drive from POP to the TTC and either walk or monorail to Poly from there. My vote would be this but that's because we always have a rental car. And parking at the TTC would then allow you to take the Epcot monorail to Epcot for your day (just make sure to keep an eye out on the close time of the Epcot monorail, although they would have a bus from the TTC to Epcot should the monorail be closed by then).

How early is this breakfast? you can only do that if Epcot is open. It's a lot of trekking, I'd take the bus to MK and the monorail around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter