Skyliner open early for early morning dining reservations

slyster

DIS Veteran
I apologize because I asked about this a while ago, but I can't find the thread I started. We have an early morning reservation (8:50am) at Topolinos and we are staying at Boardwalk Inn. We plan on walking over to Epcot to get on skyliner around 8:30 or so. Can someone confirm that the Skyliner is open for folks who have dining reservations?

I'm also assuming we just get in line from Rivera to head back to Epcot which I'm thinking will be around 10 or 10:30. I'm thinking the lines will be long at Rivera at that point.

EDITED TO ADD: As of right now i can change our reservation to 7:45. I am wondering if that will still work using the skyliner TO Rivera. It may make it easier coming back to Epcot (if they will allow me to go back to our resort that way)?

Last edited:
We went from Riviera to DHS on a joy ride after our breakfast and got stuck in a long line at CBR. Be careful with the timing of when you ride. I hadn't considered the backup at CBR heading to Epcot.

Doesn't Rivera go right back to Epcot? Im thinking we will be done breakfast around 10-10:30 and I assume the lines will be building at Epcot. The skyliner map is a little confusing. Do those from CBR go through Rivera or do Rivera get their own dedicated skyliner gondolas?

I am considering changing my breakfast reservation...I see 7:45am available. That would bring us around 9am or so to be finished eating. If that is the case, I'm thinking it would be much easier going back to Epcot and our resort.

Be aware the skyliner may not be running at the 7:45 reservation time. They post that it opens 1 hour before park opening, so for a 9 am HS opening, it will start running around 8. You may also have a wait for the later reservation as guests heading to HS will be in the same line.

Doesn't Rivera go right back to Epcot? Im thinking we will be done breakfast around 10-10:30 and I assume the lines will be building at Epcot. The skyliner map is a little confusing. Do those from CBR go through Rivera or do Rivera get their own dedicated skyliner gondolas?
EVERYBODY going to Epcot, from CBR, Pop, AoA, or DHS, passes thru Riviera on the way. When you're going from Riviera to Epcot at park opening, it's up to the CBR Skyliner crew to send out enough empty gondolas to accommodate the Guests boarding at Riviera.

Off topic... but kinda similar....will the skyliner run to Riviera on deluxe EMH nights at Epcot? If we stay to midnight we want to make sure we have a plan to get back.

My guess would be yes. They’re obligated to provide transportation back to your resort.

We just returned this morning…..this last week the skyliner to Epcot did not begin operating until 10 am. You *could* take a boat from Boardwalk to HS and then the skyliner from HS to Caribbean beach resort, from CBR you could walk to Rivera. It would be a decent walk. Then after breakfast (7:50 reservation) you could be one of the first on the skyline from Rivera epcot when it opens at 10….( they will already have some skyliners already there empty when the line starts running)

EDIT to add…..this may not work since hollywood studios skyliner didn’t open until 8 am this week….I just checked…..

Is the skyliner from Epcot to the other resorts running earlier though?
This week we walked over to the Rivera skyliner at 9:30 from the Aruba section of Caribbean beach
and it was only running to CBR where you could transfer to HS. You could not enter the Epcot queue even though the skyliner itself was running empty cars. The walk way was closed. Same with the Epcot skyliner from Epcot. We were staying at beach club and could not enter the skyliner queue to Rivera until 10 am.
We had a split stay this trip between Caribbean Beach and beach club and we had to take the skyliner from Caribbean to Hollywood and then a boat to beach club since it was only 8:30 am ….

We will ask the Boardwalk Inn staff when we arrive. Our reservation to Topolinos isn’t until Day 6. I just need to know one way or another if we can ride it around 8:00am from Epcot to Riveria. If not, we can use Uber or Lyft.

Riviera to Epcot goes straight through. You only have to get off at Caribbean Beach when heading to Hollywood Studios from Riviera.

We will ask the Boardwalk Inn staff when we arrive. Our reservation to Topolinos isn’t until Day 6. I just need to know one way or another if we can ride it around 8:00am from Epcot to Riveria. If not, we can use Uber or Lyft.
In order for the Skyliner to bring guests from Riviera to CBR in time for DHS opening, the Skyliner has to be operating from the Epcot IG to CBR and back again since it’s a loop. Guests from Riviera or other Skyliner resorts who have breakfast ADRs at Trattoria al Forno are allowed to ride the Skyliner to the IG, so I think that having an ADR at Topolino’s would allow you to board the Skyliner at the IG - but checking with the CMs at BW is the best idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter