• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Skyliner from Riviera to EPCOT

retlaw_yensid

Mouseketeer
I've searched through previous threads, but haven't been able to find an answer to this question.

If catching the Skyliner from Riviera to EPCOT, what have the lines been like? I envision that a lot of people are catching the Skyliner at CBR for EPCOT, so when those gondolas get to the Riviera, there are just not a lot of space left. Do they purposely send empty gondolas from CBR to Riviera for those waiting at Riviera? Does anyone have any real-world experience they can share?

Thanks, in advance!

-Ken

I was told last year before Covid it would be every other one during busy times and possible more if RIV line gets backed up.

When I was in line, only 2 of us at the start but as soon as there were like 6 to 7 groups, the Cm radioed to start sending cars empty so they do have a system for sure.

When we were there in September, we waited for a skyliner to Epcot for rope drop multiple days. They were sending 10 full skyliners, then a couple open ones. The line got so long, it reached to the lake. Only then would the CM’s radio for open skyliners to be sent.

Other times of the day, it wasn’t an issue. Rope drop was the exception.

No line last week. Was wondering the same for when parks return to normal capacity. Just bought at RIV, hoping we aren’t broiling in the sun waiting for a gondola. 🤪

I rode it last week, Tuesday to be exact. There was no line at the Riviera, short line to return. There is a direct line to Epcot; no need to transfer. A CM directed me to the direct line when I was approaching the station.
Wednesday I went to HS. No line at Riviera at 8 am or so, a fairly long line at the transfer. Coming back at 7 pm, there was a long line at HS, and a long line to transfer. And then as I left the station in the gondola, it stopped for 5 minutes. No word given as to what was going on.

In early February we visited Riviera prior to the pandemic restrictions and lower crowds. Getting back to Epcot (we stayed at BW) there were 2 parties in front of us, we waited around 10 minutes for an empty gondola and they put all the three parties including us into the one empty gondola that came. Not great service for their newest resort IMO.

edited to correct

In early February we visited Riviera prior to the pandemic restrictions and lower crowds. Getting back to Epcot (we stayed at BW) there were 2 parties in front of us, we waited around 10 minutes for an empty gondola and they put all the three parties including us into the one empty gondola that came. Not great service for their newest resort IMO.

edited to correct

You're right it is poor service especially since you're paying a lot more to stay at a deluxe resort. We stayed at the Riviera in October. We had 5 parties ahead of us in line and it took us close to 30 minutes to get to Epcot. An empty gondola was only being sent about every 5 minutes. I loved staying at Riviera but I think the skyliner wait times for Riviera guests can be too long at times.

You're right it is poor service especially since you're paying a lot more to stay at a deluxe resort. We stayed at the Riviera in October. We had 5 parties ahead of us in line and it took us close to 30 minutes to get to Epcot. An empty gondola was only being sent about every 5 minutes. I loved staying at Riviera but I think the skyliner wait times for Riviera guests can be too long at times.
Always make sure to mention this if you are sent a survey after staying at Riviera. I had the same issue in February pre-COVID. What was even worse is one day they were not using both sides of the line, and there was a scooter at the front. So they let some empty gondolas go by while waiting for one with the special Mickey decal.

I've searched through previous threads, but haven't been able to find an answer to this question.

If catching the Skyliner from Riviera to EPCOT, what have the lines been like? I envision that a lot of people are catching the Skyliner at CBR for EPCOT, so when those gondolas get to the Riviera, there are just not a lot of space left. Do they purposely send empty gondolas from CBR to Riviera for those waiting at Riviera? Does anyone have any real-world experience they can share?

Thanks, in advance!

-Ken

We took it from Epcot to RIV for breakfast and back. There wasn't any sort of real line - maybe a 5 min wait at Riviera. About 1/3 to 1/2 of the incoming gondolas were already filled when the doors opened. Once to Epcot that back entrance is packed now and is a decent wait to get in. Once getting off the gondola we walked back towards the bridge for BCV/BWV. It was a bit of a fight as people kept coming from those resorts making it seem like an infinite walk and finding a gap large enough so that you didn't feel like you were cutting the line.

Leaving Epcot was also a challenge at close winded back past the bridge and was right at the back path entrance to BCV.

This is last week of Dec, first week of Jan.

We took it from Epcot to RIV for breakfast and back. There wasn't any sort of real line - maybe a 5 min wait at Riviera. About 1/3 to 1/2 of the incoming gondolas were already filled when the doors opened. Once to Epcot that back entrance is packed now and is a decent wait to get in. Once getting off the gondola we walked back towards the bridge for BCV/BWV. It was a bit of a fight as people kept coming from those resorts making it seem like an infinite walk and finding a gap large enough so that you didn't feel like you were cutting the line.

Leaving Epcot was also a challenge at close winded back past the bridge and was right at the back path entrance to BCV.

This is last week of Dec, first week of Jan.
What time did the Epcot to RIV skyliner open up? We are staying at BWV in May and I wanted to go to breakfast at RIV and use the skyliner but was not sure of the time to book?

What time did the Epcot to RIV skyliner open up? We are staying at BWV in May and I wanted to go to breakfast at RIV and use the skyliner but was not sure of the time to book?

We had a 8:25 reservation and Epcot was opening at 10am that day and HS opened up at 9am. Supposedly the skyline runs 30 minutes prior to park open, but they were already running by 8am that day. I believe it was because of HS being open at 9am.

There was no wait to RIV, but be careful coming back and try to get back quickly. By the time we got back the line was backed up all the way back to the bridge to BWV to get into the park with each boat cutting to the front of the line when it dropped off.

Thanks for all the information! You were very helpful ! I really want to try the blueberry, lemon pancakes in RIV quick service.

JUST the information I was looking for so thanks for asking and all the good responses. We head to Riviera in early March and though we stayed there for ONE night back in October I still don't have a good idea of the best plans for getting to/from HS and EPCOT from here and when to do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter