Skyliner From HS to EPCOT - How Long Does It Take?

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
On our EPCOT day we are parking at HS and taking the Skyliner to EPCOT.
Why you ask?
Because we are park hopping to HS around 5:00pm for dinner and to enjoy HS at night, since the next day we’ll be doing Fantasmic at night.

My question is…..How much time should we allocate for the Skyliner ride?
I read 15-20 minutes….is this correct?
I’m sure there’s always a line - does the line move quick?

My questions are for me to plan my time returning back to HS, so we can get to our ADR in time.

Thanks for your help 🙂

Depends on if there is a line at the CB hub. I did it one afternoon just to test it, there was a slight line, it took exactly 22 minutes from getting on at HS and off at Epcot. I find it's quicker for me to walk.

On our EPCOT day we are parking at HS and taking the Skyliner to EPCOT.
Why you ask?
Because we are park hopping to HS around 5:00pm for dinner and to enjoy HS at night, since the next day we’ll be doing Fantasmic at night.

My question is…..How much time should we allocate for the Skyliner ride?
I read 15-20 minutes….is this correct?
What time of day will you be parking at DHS and riding to Epcot? If at/near rope drop time, then I'd allow 30 minutes for the full trip, since you'll have to change lines at CBR, and there will be a line of guests from Pop/AoA and CBR also wanting to get to Epcot for rope drop.

The ride from DHS to CBR takes about 5 minutes, and IIRC the ride from CBR to Epcot takes about 10 minutes, as long as the Skyliner runs continually. Sometimes the Skyliner stops for a few minutes to allow guests in wheelchair/ECV to board or disembark at the Riviera station.
I’m sure there’s always a line - does the line move quick?
Yes, the line does move quickly, as long as the Skyliner doesn't have any long pauses in its operations.
My questions are for me to plan my time returning back to HS, so we can get to our ADR in time.
Well, I'd allow an hour to walk out of Epcot IG to the Skyliner station, board the Skyliner (the line should move fairly quickly at that time of day), ride to CBR, disembark, walk to and board the DHS Skyliner, ride to DHS, walk from the Skyliner station to security, through security, through the tapstyles and to the restaurant to check in for your ADR. IOW, if my ADR were at 5:00 PM, I'd be leaving Epcot around 4 - maybe a little earlier or later, depending on my party's walking speed and where in DHS I had to go for my ADR. Note: I'd rather be early than late!
Thanks for your help 🙂

Unless riding the Skyliner is its own appeal, I would just take the boat. The Skyliner doesn't go directly between HS and Epcot- you transfer at CBR, like mentioned above.
I would budget 25 minutes if you decide to do the Skyliner though...which is pretty much the same amount of time for the walk or boat ride too. :)

Thank you for your replies - very informative.

I didn’t even consider the boat - we may do that instead.

Thanks again to each of you that replied :goodvibes

Depends on if there is a line at the CB hub. I did it one afternoon just to test it, there was a slight line, it took exactly 22 minutes from getting on at HS and off at Epcot. I find it's quicker for me to walk.
Question…..
Where’s the walking path?
How long of a walk in miles?

I didn’t even consider the boat - we may do that instead.
The trouble with the boats is they’re about 15 minutes apart, so if you get to Hollywood Studios just before the hour, the quarter hour, the half hour, or the three quarter hour it’s close to the skyliner in quickness, but if you get there right after you’ll be waiting almost 15 minutes for the next boat to leave. And the same is true at Epcot, but the dock and the station are closer together.

Question…..
At the studios, the path is between the bus stops and the lake. At Epcot, turn right at the bridge past the station and dock.

It‘s a little over a mile walk.

Reactions: slo
Thank you for the continued replies - much appreciated.

I’m hoping to get a RRBBQ around 6:30pm (we’ll find out Friday morning if I’m successful with this). If this is a fail, then I guess it won’t matter, because we’ll be staying at EPCOT.

Thanks again 🙂

Skyliner will be 15 minutes, boat will take at least 25 even if you catch it immediately. walking path is about 1.5 miles

Question…..

I feel like someone had some good maps floating around, but according to this screenshot, it's about a mile, I prefer walking along the boardwalk.

1680698313742.png

At Epcot, turn right at the bridge past the station and dock.

Just to clarify, it’s not really a right turn, it’s more straight ahead. OP, the quickest way is to go up the hill next to the skyliner station. Turn LEFT to the Boardwalk, go all the way to the end, turn left at Atlantic Dance hall. The path is marked & you just go all the way to the end. You can’t get lost.

There is a bit of a short cut… just before the General Store, go left & behind the shops. Follow along around the pool & it takes you right to the path.

If it's a decent weather day, not raining or 100 degrees, it's a nice walk of a mile to IG. So maybe 20 minutes via Skyliner, 20 minutes by boat, 20 minute walk. If there are lines at either the Skyliner or Friendship, the walk is simple - as long as you're ok walking, of course. Same for your return to HS later!

Just to clarify, it’s not really a right turn, it’s more straight ahead. OP, the quickest way is to go up the hill next to the skyliner station. Turn LEFT to the Boardwalk, go all the way to the end, turn left at Atlantic Dance hall. The path is marked & you just go all the way to the end. You can’t get lost.

There is a bit of a short cut… just before the General Store, go left & behind the shops. Follow along around the pool & it takes you right to the path.
Oops yeah. Meant to say turn left at bridge. Sorry.

I prefer the Boardwalk path as well, the BC/YC path is o.k. but then you have to go over the bridge to the BW anyway so it seems shorter to just go left and go through the BW. There used to be a little short cut that cut off the going uphill part before you turn left at the bridge, goes down by the water. But, they have turned that into the smoking section. You can still use the short cut as long as you are o.k. walking through a waft of smoke. I also use the short cut through the pool mentioned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter