Skyliner convert here.

terri33inne

DIS Veteran
I've just returned from a last minute trip where we stayed at Pop. We used the skyliners almost exclusively, and I went from someone who said no way I will EVER get on one of those to someone who loves them! They are so convenient, and hands down Disney's best mode of free transportation. Not to mention they are just adorable.

My initial concerns were feeling claustrophobic, being high up, the temperature, and potential breakdown. I did not feel cramped at all even when we were on with other guests, and the height didn't bother me (I wouldn't say I'm afraid of heights, but I definitely don't go too close to edges). My other two concerns remain. One day we rode them was in the 90's, and I felt it was stuffy in there even with the vents open... I couldn't imagine them in the heat of July & August. I am also still concerned about potential breakdowns, and being stuck for hours, and/or having to be rescued from some of those heights. That concern was not enough to prevent me from riding.

We loved them so much that we changed an upcoming stay to Pop just for the Skyliner!! It was so much nicer than the bus! We even took the monorail from magic kingdom to Epcot and rode the gondola back to Pop. I’m also a bit worried about getting stuck, but I’ll deal with it!

I've just returned from a last minute trip where we stayed at Pop. We used the skyliners almost exclusively, and I went from someone who said no way I will EVER get on one of those to someone who loves them! They are so convenient, and hands down Disney's best mode of free transportation. Not to mention they are just adorable.

My initial concerns were feeling claustrophobic, being high up, the temperature, and potential breakdown. I did not feel cramped at all even when we were on with other guests, and the height didn't bother me (I wouldn't say I'm afraid of heights, but I definitely don't go too close to edges). My other two concerns remain. One day we rode them was in the 90's, and I felt it was stuffy in there even with the vents open... I couldn't imagine them in the heat of July & August. I am also still concerned about potential breakdowns, and being stuck for hours, and/or having to be rescued from some of those heights. That concern was not enough to prevent me from riding.
Thanks for letting others know. I did not ride them on my last trip (just didn’t work out for us schedule wise) but I’m considering staying at a resort on their line for 2021. I’m a little scared of being so high up and getting stuck but nice to hear positive reviews and that getting to the parks was painless!

We rode when staying at CBR and they are great. No worries about getting stuck you can always put worst case in your mind but these have a pretty good record. Maybe so minor stoppages but nothing we experienced was over a minute or so. Also views were great. Was mid 80s for us and no heat issues. Better than bus for sure.

Thanks for the positive reviews! I am looking forward to staying at Pop this summer and trying them out for myself. Good to know that people who were apprehensive about riding them had good experiences!

OMG I am still in the camp of refuse to ride LOL! I love hearing positive feedback but I am so Claustrophobic and terrified of getting stuck up there. Our next stay is at Yacht club so I don't have to ride per se but my whole family is so looking forward to trying it out... I guess I will just meet them at the other side smh.:guilty:

I've been worried to ride because of my fear of heights. But your review has calmed my nerves, and I'm excited to ride it when I stay at Pop this November.

Yep. The convenience of the Skyliner caused this previously Deluxe gal to give Pop a try. I will be there at the end of May.

Glad to hear your review! We are staying at BC in May so we will definitely be riding them and a little nervous about it.

If they were to get stuck, is there a radio or some way for CM to communicate with the occupants of the cars?

OMG I am still in the camp of refuse to ride LOL! I love hearing positive feedback but I am so Claustrophobic and terrified of getting stuck up there. Our next stay is at Yacht club so I don't have to ride per se but my whole family is so looking forward to trying it out... I guess I will just meet them at the other side smh.:guilty:
I can get a bit claustrophobic at times and I did great on these! They didn't cram us in at all, even when there was a line. I went with just my boyfriend and we usually had our own gondola. There was only a few times when we sat with one or two other people. I say give it a try at least once :D you'll never know until you try.

If you're unsure and have the opportunity do the ride from Pop/AofA to CBR it's fairly short, and doesn't go that high.

The biggest challenge was getting on & off as they're moving... I bumped the side more than once... :rotfl:

We agree! We stayed at AOA and used it for the first time back in October. Loved it so much we booked a bounceback for CBR this Spring! It's really a game changer, and I probably will only consider resorts with access tot he Skyliner going forward.

If you're unsure and have the opportunity do the ride from Pop/AofA to CBR it's fairly short, and doesn't go that high.
Just a slight warning for anyone new to Skyliner-this route goes directly over a lake if that would be "unsettling" to anyone.

Imho, the Skyliner is the best ride at WDW. Never waited more than like three minutes and the ride itself was exhilarating. Only complaint there is no lights at night in the cars and you can’t close the window things so it becomes a meat locker if it’s in the 50s or below.

You can do "The Race." Let the family ride the Skyliner from Epcot IG to DHS while you take the boat from YC to DHS and see who gets there first. Make it a game!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter