Skyliner And The Buses

WEDWDW

DIS Veteran
I had always been under the impression that the main purpose Disney had in mind when they decided to build the Skyliner was because it would be more efficient both environmentally and economically than the buses and they could use the Skyliner to either eliminate the buses or greatly reduce them.

BOY,WAS I WRONG!lol:)

All the folks at the Skyliner Resorts are saying the buses to Epcot and DHS will run just as they do now-no reduction in frequency so it looks like Skyliner is just another "amenity" for the Skyliner Resorts.

That is certainly great news for everybody.

Since Disney is not going to offset the cost of Skyliner at all with a reduction in buses,I wonder how they are going to pay for it!;):)

My thought is that the Skyliner will reduce the need for the multiple extra buses that are sent when the crowds waiting for park buses are more than one bus can handle. A bus driver told us that Disney's ultimate goal is to reduce the numbers of buses and bus drivers. It remains to be seen how the Skyliner will affect the bus routes.

The Skyliner will have the added benefit of turning one of the least favorite moderate resorts, Caribbean Beach, into one of the favorite ones. :)

It will be interesting to see if Disney expands the Skyliner program to more resorts. I personally can't wait to ride it, even if I'm not staying at one of the resorts on the line. :)

As it is right now, WDW adjusts the bus schedules based on demand. I don't see why that would change going forward? If you're at a Skyliner resort, I would expect them to change the frequency of the buses to reduce the amount of empty seats on those buses.

What happens initially is not necessarily how things will remain long term.

Yes. I would imagine they won’t cut the buses cold turkey. I think they will try to wean people off the buses and cut down on them over time as much as possible. Once the skyliner is up and running, they need to roughly determine how many people are still interested in the buses and their reasons why at the skyliner resorts.

I’m hoping the buses don’t go away completely.

Another thing to consider is that if the majority of people take the skyliner the lines for the buses will be shorter. At park opening and closing I've seen buses arriving one after another. Once the skyliner opens I can see them only needing about 1 bus per 20 minutes to get people to the parks not one after another.

People cannot be forced onto the gondolas as some have fears or medical needs that would not be conducive to taking the skyliner.

IMO will there be buses? Yes. Will they need as many buses to service those resorts? No.

Are these the same folks who tell you buses start an hour before park opening?

Is that not true? At least at the Boardwalk we have always been able to get a bus to the Magic Kingdom at least 1 hr and 15 minutes before park opening. A couple of times we have been the only one on the bus besides the driver.

Buses actually start rolling at 630am.
And even earlier at times for Magic Kingdom!:)

32583979491_7cd82f74f4_c.jpg

I would think the resorts that have the skyline will go up in price for the convenience of having extra transportation.

I viewed the skyline as just another means to the parks. Don’t really care about whether it’s environmentally friendly or not. It’s just kinda a cool way to get there. But we also love the busses. I’m sure down the road. There will be less busses for sure. As many many folks will use the skyline.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter