Sky Class

act1980

DIS Veteran
I'm reading all different things about the room category. Is it true that you can get free drinks (including beer & wine) in the suite lounge each day?

Just got off the Adventure of the Seas with my daughter. We only had the beverage package and yes we got free cocktails in the suite lounge along with snacks at certain times.

Is it true that you can get free drinks (including beer & wine) in the suite lounge each day?
Yes, this is a published benefit of being in a Sky level suite. The drinks are limited to certain brands though. Still some good choices.

On Mariner i couid order whatever was on the menu in the bar next door to the suite lounge (I think it was called Ellingtons)

On Mariner i couid order whatever was on the menu in the bar next door to the suite lounge (I think it was called Ellingtons)
Sky class is limited to the ships with the Royal Suites program, which would be the Oasis Class and the Quantum Class. The rest of the fleet follows a slightly different suites program.
1667000738356.png
The Sky class does have access to the Suites lounge/Coastal Kitchen. There will be a happy hour in the evening where there is a wider variety of drink choices available. During the day from 11 am - 11 pm, basic drinks beer and wine will be available.

Yes you’re right . Mariner seemed to have tiers for suites but didn’t name them Sea or Sky. JS did not get access to the suite lounge .

Correct. Suites, and suite categories, are not equal across the fleet.

The two largest, the Oasis class and Quantum class, will have the Royal Suites program that puts the type of suite into Sea, Sky or Star class. The perks will be dependent on the class. There is some cross over on the perks.

What-are-the-benefits-of-royal-suite-class?

All other classes of ship will run a suites program that does not "group" the type of suite into a category. The suite type is the category and will get the benefits/perks that go along with that room.

What-are-the-benefits-of-the-suites-program?

There is not a huge difference in how the two programs are laid out across the stateroom categories except for two things that standout in my view. The presences of Coastal Kitchen is the first thing. Suites specific dining on those larger ships, and particularly on the Oasis class where they also have the lounge/bar, allows the Royal Suites program to set itself apart from the smaller ships. The Star Class services/perks and the Royal Genie puts the highest level rooms on the smaller ships to shame.

Just trying to help folks keep the two programs straight and the perks that you can expect. Happy to answer any specific questions.

Edit - Sorry forgot to mention that there might be another version of the suites perks you could encounter. The sailings out of Asia follow an even different program, noted as Silver and Gold categories. That is changing and seems that it will look more similar to the standard Royal Suites program in the future.

Last edited:
JS on all Royal ships do not get you access to the Suite or Concierge Lounge.

Cocktails in the SL or CL are usually available 5 to 8pm on most ships. On Oasis class ships beer,wine,soda and bottled water available from SL bar 11am to 11pm (maybe half and hour before/after 11 dependong on ship).

We have a GS for an upcoming cruise, we also have my time dining and the earliest reservation times is 7:15, which is later than we want. Can we just show up at the MDR when they open and get a earlier table?

Also, for the suite lounge is soda available during the day for free?

We have a GS for an upcoming cruise, we also have my time dining and the earliest reservation times is 7:15, which is later than we want. Can we just show up at the MDR when they open and get a earlier table?

Also, for the suite lounge is soda available during the day for free?

You can't just show up and expect to be seated earlier. They will likely ask you to wait in line with those who don't have reservations for MTD. However when you board go to the dining room and ask the Maitre D to change your MTD time and I'm sure she/he will make it work.

I don't believe the suite lounge has soda available during the day, beyond the happy hour time between 5-8 pm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter