"Skor" bar bark

twinz

I agree with getting my WDW fix
I just got this recipie for a Skor bar bark, I have tried it and it is soooo yummy, so I thought I would share...Enjoy

What you need...
1 cookie sheet
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar (packed)
2 cups of chocolate chips
graham crackers (whole)
Parchment paper (optional)

PREHEAT OVEN to 350 degrees
1. Cover the cookie sheet with the parchment paper
2. On top of the paper lay whole graham crackers to fill the cookie sheet
3. In a pot, melt butter and stir in brown sugar, bring to a boil
4. When boiling, pour over graham crackers
5. Bake in over at 350 degrees for 10 minutes
6. When you take cookie sheet out of oven immediately pour chocolate chips over cookie sheet. They should melt on top of the graham cracker/brown sugar mix. If they don't melt, I popped mine into the oven for about a minute (but make sure you watch it!)
7. When done, place in freezer for a few hours...until hard
8. Break apart and enjoy!!!

This sounds awesome. I make a similar recipe, but use saltines instead of the graham crackers. I'll have to give this a try! Thanks.

Oh it is so yummy My mom makes it with saltines as well Of I hope she made it this year. I would if I cooked

This recipe sounds interesting! I have never heard of it....either with saltines or grahams! Thanks!! :goodvibes

OMG! I made this for Christmas and it was the BEST ever and it was sooooo easy! :)

This is also good with mini marshmallows on top too.....Since you used the word "Skor" this brings to mind another recipe I am begged to make all the time. You can name it what you want, but I call it the "better than --- cake" Begins with s and ends with x....don't want to be censored! LOL

Oh, and by the way most people who eat it agree with the name!

2 large pkgs jello instant chocolate pudding (8 serving size)
1 huge tub of cool whip or 2 regular size (sorry forgot the oz)
8 Skor bars (NOT heath!)
1 box chocolate cake mix (any brand will do)
One huge serving bowl

Bake the cake according to the directions, I just use the 9x13 pan. Let cake cool. Prepare the chocolate pudding according to the "for pie filling" directions on the box. Crush the Skor bars into little pieces. Crumble a little less than 1/2 of the cake in the bottom of the bowl (as the bowl is wider in diameter at the top). Spread a little less than 1/2 the pudding over the crumbled cake, sprinkle with SKOR bar (less than 1/2), then spread a layer of cool whip over this. Keep layering in this fashion until bowl is full. I usually only get 2 layers of each. Sprinkle a little SKOR over the last layer of Cool Whip for dramatic effect! Put in refrigerator over night. A few hours ahead will work, but it tastes better if refrigerated longer. Scoop out of bowl, serve in small dessert bowls.

YUMM!

twinz said:
I just got this recipie for a Skor bar bark, I have tried it and it is soooo yummy, so I thought I would share...Enjoy

What you need...
1 cookie sheet
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar (packed)
2 cups of chocolate chips
graham crackers (whole)
Parchment paper (optional)

PREHEAT OVEN to 350 degrees
1. Cover the cookie sheet with the parchment paper
2. On top of the paper lay whole graham crackers to fill the cookie sheet
3. In a pot, melt butter and stir in brown sugar, bring to a boil
4. When boiling, pour over graham crackers
5. Bake in over at 350 degrees for 10 minutes
6. When you take cookie sheet out of oven immediately pour chocolate chips over cookie sheet. They should melt on top of the graham cracker/brown sugar mix. If they don't melt, I popped mine into the oven for about a minute (but make sure you watch it!)
7. When done, place in freezer for a few hours...until hard
8. Break apart and enjoy!!!

I made this on Christmas Eve, but I used saltine crackers.... well i don't know what happened, but somehow the brown sugar and butter mixture burned on the bottom of the crackers when I baked it, and it tasted horrible!!! I followed the recipe to the "T". I now have a huge plate of these things that nobody will eat. What did I do wrong?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter