skipping the counter - car rental

AnnR

Mouseketeer
I usually rent from National and use their Emerald Aisle where I can just go to the car I want and drive it to the booth. I wondered if any other car rental had this type of service. National is almost $100 more than Hertz or Alamo. So, it is not worth it for that but I also don't want to spend a lot of time in line.

Anyone use another company that is this convenient?

Ann

Rent with Alamo you can check in online and go right to the lot pick your car.

I second that about Alamo. Check in online or use their kiosks. No need for standing in long lines and love the fact you can pick what you want. Also, if you don't see anything you like...ask one the guys wondering around in the garage and they might be abe to offer you something else ;)

National and Alamo are under the same company. So the procedures are basically the same. Alamo also owns Enterprise too. So if you dont see what you want from one, ask someone to get you something from the other. They may squirm a little, but it can be done. ;)

Also, if you don't see anything you like...ask one the guys wondering around in the garage and they might be abe to offer you something else ;)

December of 2011, I had a premium rented with Alamo and all they had were Mercury Marquis; at least I think that's what they were. Since it was just me on that trip, I approached one of the employees in the garage and very nicely asked if there might be something else [knowing I might be out of luck] and she found me an Infiniti G37, hot rod red. I loved that car. :love:

National and Alamo are under the same company. So the procedures are basically the same. Alamo also owns Enterprise too. So if you dont see what you want from one, ask someone to get you something from the other. They may squirm a little, but it can be done. ;)

That is good to know! Thanks for the tip :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter