Skipper Canteen or Be Our Guest for lunch?

If it's your first time in BOG, I'd do that just because the atmosphere is really unique and special. If you've already done it for breakfast or dinner, I'd definitely do Skipper Canteen. For me, SC is now the best option in MK... great food, great place, great service and more acceptable price tag.

If you look at BOG's menu and are ok with the food and the price, I would say go there. The theming is great if you are a fan of Beauty and the Beast, well 2/3 of the rooms at least. My partner is going with the her sister's in August and BOG is the only sit down dining she is going to try and reserve since her sisters have never been.

I personally enjoy Skippers a lot more, I love dad jokes and like the menu/pricing more.

The pricey fixed menu they now have for lunch at BOG means we won't be eating there again. Ate there for lunch in 2019 under the old menu and we found both the food and the setting to be underwhelming. Not sure why it seems so popular with many. It is also toward the back of the park with one popular ride nearby. Seems like a long way to walk for an expensive meal.
I had a reservation for our trip a couple weeks ago, and never realized they went to the Price Fixe Menu! I cancelled immediately after seeing the new menu (and prices, lol). I used to LOVE their Lunch Menu a few years ago--the French Dip and Onion Soup were amazing. Wish they still had that.

We used to love the old BOG pre prix fixe menu. However the last time we had it it was one the most expensive and worst meals we had on property. Not been back.

We have come to love Skipper’s Canteen! The theming is fun and we both love the Perkin’s Family Noodles. We ate there when it first opened and it was a huge miss that had us shying away for years. They changed the menu and now it’s a must do!

Last edited:
BOG. I don't like the price, but since you haven't gone before, you need to do it. If only to decide if you like it.

Skippers Cantina is so much better. Better food, better theming, more relaxing atmosphere, and you can actually hear the people at your table talk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter