Skip preshow for Flight of Passage

columbusdizfan

Mouseketeer
We are at WDW now. My kid (11) has some anxiety that they manage very well. They really want to ride Flight of Passage but they have bailed on it the two opportunities they’ve had to ride it, once this trip, once last trip. It’s the preshow that gets them. They asked me yesterday if they could just skip the preshow. Do you think the cast members at the front could help with that? Or should we try for a DAS? Or is it just not possible? Thanks for any insight you can offer. (I anticipate they will bail on Guardians again today for the same reason - the preshow makes it too real.)

It wouldn't hurt to ask. There are two parts to the pre-show (two rooms). I think while the pre-show is running there are guests on the ride, so your kid wouldn't be able to go into the room where the ride is while the pre-show is on. They'd probably hold them outside the pre-show rooms (where the line is) and then let them walk through to the ride after the two pre-shows. Hope it works out for you.

DAS users do not skip the pre-show. I think the pre-show contains safety info that they probably don’t want anyone skipping. That said, I would certainly ask. Maybe they could give your group the safety info aside and perhaps skip the pre-show. Another option may be to have headphones on during the pre-show, maybe watch the family and listen to music and ignore the show. Lastly, we’ve had good success watching the pre-show a number of time on YouTube. It really makes it much more mundane and less intense and surprising.

Good luck, can certainly emphasize with your situation.

It wouldn't hurt to ask. There are two parts to the pre-show (two rooms). I think while the pre-show is running there are guests on the ride, so your kid wouldn't be able to go into the room where the ride is while the pre-show is on. They'd probably hold them outside the pre-show rooms (where the line is) and then let them walk through to the ride after the two pre-shows. Hope it works out for you.

The only problem is I'm pretty sure that there are people in each of the pre-show rooms - when your group is in the first one, there is another in the second one (and people are on the ride - so essentially there are 3 groups in the "ride" including the pre-show at any given time). So while you might be able to skip the first (I'm not sure you could even do that), there's really not a holding area for the second one so you'd have to do that. Maybe the second would be more bearable since it doesn't have the "you've got bugs" bit and is a little lighter?

Thank you for your responses! It’s good to know DAS does not skip preshow. Now we won’t waste the time requesting that. Also good to know how the two separate preshow rooms work together with the ride. I will definitely talk with the cast
members to see how they can help us and pack headphones in our bag in case not.

Thank you for your responses! It’s good to know DAS does not skip preshow. Now we won’t waste the time requesting that. Also good to know how the two separate preshow rooms work together with the ride. I will definitely talk with the cast
members to see how they can help us and pack headphones in our bag in case not.

Just to note, I *think* that is how it works. It seems like there have been people leaving the second room to go to the seating as the first room has been coming into the second room - but I've only been close enough to see it once since as a solo I'm usually in spot 16.

Just to note, I *think* that is how it works. It seems like there have been people leaving the second room to go to the seating as the first room has been coming into the second room - but I've only been close enough to see it once since as a solo I'm usually in spot 16.
That is how it works.
Guests are in all 3 areas (Preshow part 1, Preshow part 2 and the ride room) at the same time.

I also agree that they may not let the preshow be skipped because it does give safety information along with the theming

Thank you so much everyone for the info and feedback. It would have been so helpful but…. The kid decided they do not want to ride it no matter what this trip so I’m not able to report back how it worked. I hope the thread will be helpful to someone else!

Have never seen anyone skip the pre shows, except a few rides in the single rider line.

Have never seen anyone skip the pre shows, except a few rides in the single rider line.

I am always solo on there since I travel solo - and unless things have changed dramatically, they do NOT have a single rider line - they will pull people who are solo at the last minute, putting us in spot 16 (usually) but that is from the main lines in the queue to boarding area. No single rider like EE or TT has.

And I've never skipped the pre-show. Sometimes it starts as soon as I get in there, but never skipped it.

Meant the ILL$, not single rider.

How do they skip the 2 rooms before flying? I know they skip the lab and stuff, but even when I did FP+ you still did the 2 video rooms leading to the flight.

It’s probably best they skip the ride. Because a sudden change of mind while riding could lead to many safety concerns.

How do they skip the 2 rooms before flying? I know they skip the lab and stuff, but even when I did FP+ you still did the 2 video rooms leading to the flight.
you can't that I know of. You just skip the lab, which I think is the best part of the queue.

you can't that I know of. You just skip the lab, which I think is the best part of the queue.

Yep. I guess I was confused because while VERY detailed and definitely the most detailed part of the queue, to me the "pre-show" doesn't start until you're in the first video room. (Apparently with the ILL for Cosmic Rewind you miss all the setting details of the queue too as you're just in a boring hallway.)

I was at FoP once when after the 2nd preshow, we went into the room where the ride is, and someone who'd just gotten off the ride had puked, so they had to clean it up--and they evacuated us . . . back to the 1st preshow. So they didn't even let us skip the preshows even though we had all just done them both.

The only time we’ve ever been able to skip the preshow was when they needed two people to fill seats due to people having to leave in the group before us because they didn’t fit and they called us forward because they wanted to fill every seat.

I was at FoP once when after the 2nd preshow, we went into the room where the ride is, and someone who'd just gotten off the ride had puked, so they had to clean it up--and they evacuated us . . . back to the 1st preshow. So they didn't even let us skip the preshows even though we had all just done them both.
We’ve done Rider Switch several times where the non-rider came with us and we all went thru the pre shows, then the non-rider and person with her walked thru the ‘ride room‘ to a waiting room right outside. The second person was brought a back way to the first preshow room and had to go thru both preshows again

Reactions: vcb
In April, guy next to me had almost the exact same circumstances - really wanted to ride FoP, and had prepared himself for the ride. But as we walked through the queue (rope drop, so no waiting, but still enough walking to chat) he explained that he’d bailed twice already because the pre show got to him somehow.

He talked to a CM out of earshot, and definitely went SOMEWHERE during the 2nd part of the pre show (Dr. “Uh….Fly” Stevens) only to reappear at ride start.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter