Skip FOP?

To emphasize, watch the youtube videos, decide how you do on simulators like Star Tours, Forbidden Journey, etc. to aid in your decision.
I don't do very well on simulators. I take bonine for every trip to WDW. Helps enough with the coasters and ToT, but not enough with simulators.
I was excited to try FOP, though. Was lucky to get a FP even though we were off-site. My wife and I both rode it and are glad we did, but the moderate motion sickness detracted from enjoying the phenomenal effects.
If you do well on simulators, then it is worth it to TRY for FP. Regardless of FOP, go to Pandora at night, ride NRJ. Beautiful area worth a tour.

I'm not a fan of the movie but consider FOP to be the best attraction at WDW. I have enjoyed 99% of the attractions at WDW and there are now a few that are a bit too intense for me including RnR roller coaster, Mission Space Orange (Green is great) and TOT. However, FOP is not to be missed and certainly not in the too intense barfy category. A quick little drop at the beginning but then smooth and wonderful. If in doubt, get that FP and try it. After years of repeating the same attractions & settling for nostalgic rides, FOP proved the best new experience at WDW. Just do it.

I've seen Avatar, wasn't impressed. I've been to Pandora, rode NRJ, didn't have a fast pass for FOP. Didn't feel like I missed a thing, and didn't feel like I needed to stand in a two hour line.

I can't tell if you did ride FoP or not. If you did, and wasn't impressed, then ok. But if you didn't, and are basing your opinion by the movie, don't. This by far the best ride at Disney. You get to fly without leaving the ground!

OP. Is getting FP worth the aggravation? Yes.
When you request your FPs at 7am Eastern time, go for FoP 1st, maybe 3rd-4th day of trip. Worse thing is you will then know if you like it or not.

AND, whatever you choose, have a great time!

Yes, get that FP!! If you are getting one for EE and Safari just get the FOP one first!! Totally worth it!! I've never seen the whole movie, just a bit of it while my kids were watching it at home. Didn't matter - loved the ride!!

Please don't base your enjoyment of the ride off of the movie. I hated Avatar, but I find Pandora and the ride incredible. It makes me want to re-try the movie and then I come to my senses and remind myself not to waste my time. In my opinion, it's the best ride at WDW right now.

We haven't seen Avatar but were still really impressed by Fop. But don't sweat it if you can't get a FP. Just prioritize what you want and if you want to go on it, try for it really early or in the last hour

It's a simulator ride so you should take that into account, if they bother you should skip it. I haven't seen the movie, my son has so he did explain the concept to me. The land itself is worth at least a walk through. I'm one of the few who doesn't really like the ride, I do enjoy Navi River Journey though. I ride FOP if my son is with me, skip it when solo. One of my problems was that the glasses are way too big so I had to hold them the entire ride. I solved that problem last week by wearing a good old fashioned cloth headband during the ride and tucked the legs of the glasses under it. It probably looked silly as could be but I didn't have to hold the glasses so silly looking I was. I will admit, it was the most comfortable I've been on the ride. It's not the end of the world if you skip it, you can't miss something you've never had. I do think that you should try to visit every park if possible since you won't know if you like it otherwise but you can't ride every ride so choices always have to be made.

This is an unpopular preference, but I didn't enjoy FOP at all. I hadn't seen the movie, and the ride scenes meant nothing to me, plus I didn't like that you have to leave your stuff a few feet behind you during the ride. However, if I hadn't tried it, then I probably always would have wondered if I would have liked the ride, so I suppose it was worth trying it once just to find out that I don't care for it and I have no interest in doing it again.

Congrats on being cancer-free ---that is definitely worth going to Disney for. If you have absolutely zero interest in FOP then there's no need to feel Disney-peer-pressured into experiencing it. You don't have to be like everyone else. My entire family enjoyed it, but I personally wouldn't wait an hour in line to do it again. If you've done all the must-sees on your list, and still have some spare time to burn, you might want to try it out, but only if you really want to.

I'll give it a "not a super high priority". It was visually and technologically stunning, but I don't enjoy the ride itself-I don't have motion sickness, but found the swooping and soaring a bit uncomfortable. If you can snag a FP, go for it, but if not, I wouldn't give it a second thought. There are plenty of other things to do.

You don't have to like or have watched the movie to enjoy this ride.

I guess if you skip it, then you'll never have known what you missed. If you want the most amazing simulator ride experience, it's a must do.

The wait mid morning yesterday hit 5 hours (310 mins to be exact) and there were still people getting in line. Insane.

Any ride is worth doing once if you can get a FP. I never saw the movie but wanted to experience the new land at WDW no matter what it was. That said, it’s a fancy simulator ride. I was not that blown away and after reading some of the raves here, I expected to be. Never once did I forget it was a simulator and I did get motion sick. It’s not even close to the best ride I’ve ever been on, nor is it the best ride in Animal Kingdom, which would be Expedition Everest, an actual ride.

No way am I going to wait for that ride without a FP. In the time I could spend in the standby line for FOP I could be enjoying 1/2 dozen of my favorite rides in any of the parks.

I didn't care for avatar the first time I watched it, but watched it again, and this time I appreciated the film. We got a FP, rode Flight of Passage and honestly, it was overwhelming. It was almost a spiritual experience for me. I was stunned. It touched my emotions so deeply. I know two people who came out crying because of how deeply it touched them.

I know that sounds hokey, but it's like the imagineers visited heaven, took notes, created a ride to recreate it and my soul recognized home. Sounds crazy? Yep, I agree.

Get a FP if you can and give it a ride. You might be surprised.

I didn't care for avatar the first time I watched it, but watched it again, and this time I appreciated the film. We got a FP, rode Flight of Passage and honestly, it was overwhelming. It was almost a spiritual experience for me. I was stunned. It touched my emotions so deeply. I know two people who came out crying because of how deeply it touched them.

I know that sounds hokey, but it's like the imagineers visited heaven, took notes, created a ride to recreate it and my soul recognized home. Sounds crazy? Yep, I agree.

Get a FP if you can and give it a ride. You might be surprised.

It’s nice to know I’m not the only one. Thanks for confessing.....errrr....I mean sharing this. :)

Hands down best ride I have ever been on. Now would I wait 5 hours? NO would I wait 3 hours? No. I have been on that ride 7 times this year all with FP+. But honestly if I didn't get the FP I wouldn't have waited. Safari and EE are non negotiable for my family we go on them multiple times a year as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter