Skinnytaste Cookbook

No, but I've made a lot of her recipes over the last couple of years. Most of them are excellent! :)

I don't have it yet;) On Christmas list. But love her Chicken Cordon Blue, Blue Cheese Salad Dressing/Dip, Black Bean Brownies, Quinua Salad.

kae

Oh ok...which ones are your fav? Thanks!

Just off of the top of my head, a few of my favs are:

Chicken Cordon Bleu

Skinny Bleu Cheese Dressing

Sweet Potato Chili

Butternut Squash & Spinach Lasagna Rolls

I think there is also a glazed Asian drumstick (or thigh?) recipe that is hers that we love, but not positive.

I don't like the crockpot meals generally, but I'm not a fan of any crockpot meals except for a few basics like chili.

Oh, I do use her recipe for homemade enchilada sauce and also marinara sauce.

We LOVE her asian drumsticks, they're my DH's favourite. I think all of her recipes that we've tried have been delicious. I don't have her cookbook but have tried lots of recipes off of her website.

I LOVE her website.
Some of my favorite recipes are Baked Ziti, made the croccoli mac & cheese tonight, procuitto wrapped asparagus, roasted califlower, brussel sprouts with pancetta, hawaiian terriyaki burger, mushroom stroganoff, crock pot chicken picante.

Her crockpot recipes are awesome!

Does the book have any different recipes than the website? Just curious if I need to actually shell out the money for the book...

Don't have the cookbook, but cook several things from her website. Very few have been a miss.

I have the book. Only had it for a few days so I haven't made much in it yet. Partially since DH is so picky.

I have made the chicken enchilada soup. Its really yummy. I felt it needed more heat so doubled on the chipoltes but a good base recipe. It really is freezer friendly too. We got 5 meals out of it (2 that day and 3 in the freezer) I had it at work on Monday and have some for today too. It ends up a little soft texture wise after being in the freezer and microwave so I recommend toritilla chip pieces for a bit of crunch.

DH wants me to make him the mozzerella sticks next as a side. I am looking forward to the bake potato soup (but that is something DH won't eat so going to make it on the weekend and freeze for work) and the not-friend chicken that looks fried and a few other things. I can tell you more of what is in it later if you want. I'm at work so don't have it near me.

Some of the recipes are on the website (fan favorites) but most I have never seen there.

I don't have the book yet because its on my Christmas list. But, I have made tons of her recipes from her website and I haven't made a single one yet that we didn't love.

I want this book so bad! Target had it on its Cartwheel app for an extra discount recently. Not sure if it's still there.

I love, love, love her minestrone recipe. It's amazing, and so easy.

I have also made.. Spinach lasagna roll ups (outstanding), some type of pulled pork, lemon feta chicken drumsticks (awesome), spinach/mozzarella/tomato (or something like that?) chicken.. And probably a bunch of other things I forgot to mention.

Her website is great for meal planning, you can click on the types of meat, types of dish, etc. and the recipes are all there to choose from!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter