SkiingFast--Disneyland Pool remodel opening

LisainCalifornia

DIS Veteran
Skiingfast,
I just wanted to let you know that I called the Disneyland Hotel again today to confirm the information that I was given regarding the Disneyland Pool remodel. I was told in November when we stayed there that the Peter Pan pool (that is going to have all the new waterslides and themed with Monorail theme) won't be open till after this summer season. Officially they said it will not be open till 2012, but unofficially they said it could be sooner. I later called guest services (last month) just to confirm this, as we plan on going this summer and that is the hotel we like to stay in. They gave me the same information.

That is why I was surprised at what you said about it being open this summer and all the waterslides being open. I just called again (today), and spoke to Sheila at guest services (she works in the disneyland hotel building) and she said that although the project is going quicker than they originally thought, it looks like the very earliest the pool with the waterslides (formally Peter Pan pool) won't be open till August or possibly the fall. She says they are doing their best, but it was never suppose to be open this summer, so if it is it will be a nice bonus.

Is your information different than this?
Thanks,
Lisa

Right now the PP pool is open (no waterslides other than the tiny one for kids). My guess is, they are going to have the other pools open before they close the PP pool, but the waterslides won't be finished/open until the retheming/renovation of the PP pool is done, if that makes sense, since it'll end in the PP pool. Or at least that's what I gathered when we were there.

That is what I have gathered from talking to the hotel, but skiingfast was saying that the pool with all the new slides would be open this summer (as in June?), but it doesn't seem possible to me. Everyone I have spoken to at the hotel says it won't be open till August at the earliest.:confused3

That is what I have gathered from talking to the hotel, but skiingfast was saying that the pool with all the new slides would be open this summer (as in June?), but it doesn't seem possible to me. Everyone I have spoken to at the hotel says it won't be open till August at the earliest.:confused3

.. i heard that the slides will be up maybe by summer,i even saw a photo of the new stairs for them.. i will get it for you.... part of the netherland pool is open, the other half is closed off cause that is where they are doing the construction for the new water slides and stuff...

I can't see it being open before summer, but if you look at the end of this article that I wrote,

http://www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/news/ms/2011/ParadisePier.shtml#more

the picture of the slide says spring 2011. I have to say that it didn't look possible when I was there in February. Another thing to note is that the picture of the new "courtyard" said 2012, so I'm not sure that anyone knows.

I just showed my mom the picture on your blog about the Monorail pool, and she had this puzzled look on her face, and then said "How is that slide going to work?" I just laughed cause it's pretty obvious, but said " The monorail takes you to the bottom of the slide and spits you out. Hopefully it wont shoot you across the pool. :lmao:

I can't see it being open before summer, but if you look at the end of this article that I wrote,

http://www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/news/ms/2011/ParadisePier.shtml#more

the picture of the slide says spring 2011. I have to say that it didn't look possible when I was there in February. Another thing to note is that the picture of the new "courtyard" said 2012, so I'm not sure that anyone knows.

here incase anybody wants to see, micechat shows a photo of the stairs for the new water slides already up and built in there project tracker, just scroll down to the photo of the DLH construction, it's toward the end!!

http://micechat.com/forums/blogs/da...monorail-slides-paradise-garden-more.html#DD4

This is directly from Disney.

"The Never Land Pool will receive a complete cosmetic makeover but will retain its unique shape. A new, four-foot deep pool will be built between the Never Land Pool and the water play area. A footbridge will stretch over this new pool, connecting both sides of the courtyard area and giving easy access across the property. Six new cabanas will also be added. To help you visualize all these exciting, new changes, here’s a rendering from an aerial view.
DHC_051710_LARGE.jpg

The new water play area, pool and dining locations are scheduled to be completed by summer 2011, and the remodeled Never Land Pool is slated to be completed by summer 2012."

So then they come out with a blog a few weeks ago. It says everything will be done this year. Everything. Disney has said that the resort would never be without any pool.

There is a good question to ask frontline CMs, the ones we talk to. Have you? Watched that, rode it, eaten there, slept there, rented that, actually experienced it first hand. Sheila if she is really in the DLH is just a couple minutes away from the sign in this picture below.

CMs only know what's going to happen, as far out as thier hours are scheduled. Other than that they find things out in newspapers and the internet just like us.

Well, I guess it could be. Do you have a link of the website that said everything was going to be done? I would like to see it. I saw the poster in the lobby of the disneyland hotel (in november) about the renovations (saying spring 2011)--but when I asked a CM they said that promotional poster was released in early 2010, and there were delays.

The person I spoke to today said August at the earliest, and that is technically "this summer"--but not for people who are going June or July.

You saw the same thing I did:
The new water play area, pool and dining locations are scheduled to be completed by summer 2011, and the remodeled Never Land Pool is slated to be completed by summer 2012."
The thing is, even if they came out later and said EVERYTHING will be done this year, that doesn't necessarily mean this summer. It could be fall or later, right?

I know the Disneyland Hotel would never be "without" a pool, but it is really a big mess at this point. When we were there last time we had a view of all of the tarps, dump trucks and teams of construction workers hard at work. The Peter Pan pool was technically open, but hardly anyone was there despite the mild weather at the time because it was very unenjoyable to even imagine swimming with it it like that. There were big plums of dust and so much noise going on from it.

I will be there in less than a month for an overnight stay, so I will update everyone (who is interested) at that point.

Thanks,
Lisa

well from the micechat photos lisain, the stair case is up.. so i think those monorail tubes could be up by summer..those photos are recent also

I know the Disneyland Hotel would never be "without" a pool, but it is really a big mess at this point. When we were there last time we had a view of all of the tarps, dump trucks and teams of construction workers hard at work. The Peter Pan pool was technically open, but hardly anyone was there despite the mild weather at the time because it was very unenjoyable to even imagine swimming with it it like that. There were big plums of dust and so much noise going on from it.

I will be there in less than a month for an overnight stay, so I will update everyone (who is interested) at that point.

Thanks,
Lisa

With the stairs and supports going up that are standing in a pool, it's a good indication that that pool just needs to be finished.

I'm sure you will be surprised when you see the progress.

If you can, try to get a picture from a hotel room window. It's hard to get a pictures, at a looking down angle, without staying in the hotel. It would be cool to see what is behind the walls that block everything shorter than 8 feet off the ground.

With the stairs and supports going up that are standing in a pool, it's a good indication that that pool just needs to be finished.

I'm sure you will be surprised when you see the progress.

If you can, try to get a picture from a hotel room window. It's hard to get a pictures, at a looking down angle, without staying in the hotel. It would be cool to see what is behind the walls that block everything shorter than 8 feet off the ground.

I definitely will! I hope it really is done this summer. We would love to stay there in June with the new pool open. It was such a mess in November when we stayed there. I know the work needed to be done, but I didn't expect it to be that bad, because when we were there last July there was just minor construction on the grounds (in addition to the towers, of course). We wouldn't have stayed there in April, but we got a really great deal for that one night---and we already are going to be in L.A. visiting relatives several days before, so we tacked it on to the last night of the trip.

I will give you guys a full report!:)
Take care,
Lisa

I made a phone reservation for the DL hotel today for Apr. 28, staying 4 nights. I asked the CM about the pools at the hotel and he said that the construction was not affecting them and that the Peter Pan pool is open and popular because of the water slides and ship?!! :confused3 I told him that I'd read that it was undergoing a renovation and he said he didn't know anything about that. I don't understand how they can be so misinformed and give out false info. to their guests!

I have never stayed at the DL hotel, but we stayed at the GC last year and never found time to use the pool. If the main DL hotel pool is undergoing renovations, will we be allowed to use the one at the GC? The CM said that guests can only use the pool at the hotel where they are staying, but obviously I can't trust him for correct info.! Can anyone tell me more about that?
Thanks

i know that i will be corrected, but don't anybody hate me for this..but just because the hotel phone reservation people work for the hotel doesn't mean they are update on there info like on the pool. the park CM was right about using the pool iof the hotel you are staying at, park CM's find out about info faster then other CM's..

i know that i will be corrected, but don't anybody hate me for this..but just because the hotel phone reservation people work for the hotel doesn't mean they are update on there info like on the pool. the park CM was right about using the pool iof the hotel you are staying at, park CM's find out about info faster then other CM's..

No, you are exactly right, Sara! Often when you call to make your reservation at any of the DL resort hotels they are in Florida--and have never actually been to the Disneyland Resort Hotels!

This is why I started the thread--because it is important for people to know what they are paying for when they stay at the Disneyland Hotel this summer. You all know I am a Disneyland Hotel diehard fan, but when we went in November it was anything but magical due to the massive construction. I feel like I need to warn people about this, because it is so pricey to stay there, and people shoud get what they pay for. I was recently on trip advisor looking at reviews, and the Disneyland Hotel now has a few video (not picture) reviews of the Disneyland Hotel. The videos posted there of the the construction is the kind of view we had. It isn't even the view, (which is terrible--when you consider we paid for an upgraded view)--but the sounds of all the machines used to dig out the pool area. It sounded like a war zone!

The Disneyland Hotel will tell you to stay there this summer, and that the Peter Pan pool with it's slides (they mean the original pool with the one kiddy slide, and the other slight more kiddy slide) are "open". The problem is that it looks like Beruit, and there is not way you would want to hang out there. You are in the midst of chaos!

I have no doubt that I will love the Disneyland Hotel again and will stay there many more times. But this summer I highly doubt that the Monorail Pool will be open and all the brand new slides will be open as well. That is what they say in order to sell the rooms despite the chaos. I think the end of the summer is probable, but no earlier than that. In the meantime, stay at either GC or PP.

No, you are exactly right, Sara! Often when you call to make your reservation at any of the DL resort hotels they are in Florida--and have never actually been to the Disneyland Resort Hotels!

Wow, I had no idea that he might have been in Florida! :eek:
I'm thankful to have found this board and all of you in the know! :wave2:

I made a phone reservation for the DL hotel today for Apr. 28, staying 4 nights. I asked the CM about the pools at the hotel and he said that the construction was not affecting them and that the Peter Pan pool is open and popular because of the water slides and ship?!! :confused3 I told him that I'd read that it was undergoing a renovation and he said he didn't know anything about that. I don't understand how they can be so misinformed and give out false info. to their guests!

I have never stayed at the DL hotel, but we stayed at the GC last year and never found time to use the pool. If the main DL hotel pool is undergoing renovations, will we be allowed to use the one at the GC? The CM said that guests can only use the pool at the hotel where they are staying, but obviously I can't trust him for correct info.! Can anyone tell me more about that?
Thanks

Yes, you can use the pool at GCH. Just ask at the front desk for a pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter