Skateboarding?

sltrawick

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know what the policy is for skateboarding in the campground?

My son wants to bring his skateboard to get around in and just skate around the loop. He doesn't grid on the curbs or anything like that....just skateboarding. Just curious to know if skateboards are officially aloud or not.

There is nothing in the Gazette (the info sheet you get at check in) that prohibits skateboards. I know on several stays we have seen kids with skateboards. I would suggest that they be limited to use around the loops and on the main sidewalks. Just be sure to warn them about the golf carts. They are pretty quiet and can sneak up on you. Especially when you are on a skateboard or hard wheel skates that makes a bit of noise. We have also seen several 2 wheeled motorized scooters around the campground that are prohibited and have never seen any CM address the situation.

I am not sure what you mean by motorized scooters. If you mean gas powered you are correct. We have a two wheeled scooter that is electric and nobody said anything about it.

We did get yelled at twice because I was pulling my son behind the scooter - he was on a skateboard holding a rope tied to the scooter "skiing" behind. Yes I know this seems unsafe but it really wasn't - I was being very very careful and he is old enough to jump off safely. W were both having a blast but alas today fun so often means problems. I guess I am just a bad parent.

Anyway the security person was very mad at me for ignoring her first request . She said it wasn't safe, but she did not yell at me for the scooter which was the cause of so much trouble!!!

In the Gazette under Public Notices it states "Motorbikes or Cycles: No two-wheeled motorized vehicles are allowed in Fort Wilderness." I have always interpreted the description literally "No two-wheeled motorized vehicles" However, I have seen everything from electric scooters to electric bicycles, to mopeds to Harleys driving around the campground. I have never seen security talking to any of these people so I am not sure what they will actually not tolerate. As long as its electric/quiet and being ridden responsibly I have no problem with it.

I think they would have a hard time eliminating electric scooters. They are basically small golf carts in terms of the way they operate and it would be unnecessary. We bring them everywhere and theya re very fun.
Is the Gazette you reference up to date?

Yea, its from Jan. 03. but, like I said I have never seen anyone stopped for being on one. I think it is like a lot of things at the campground, as long as you are responsible they let things slide. If they strictly enforced all their rules 100% it would not be a very fun place to camp.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter