Size of POFQ?

I think I’ll request building 4
A great thing about building 4 is the stairwell closest to the food court is right adjacent to the alternate corner exit of Sassagoula Floatworks. One time, it was raining (hard) and I hustled from the one to the other for a quick bite without getting (very) wet. Try doing that at CBR or POR.

Last edited:
I requested building 4 but got building 2. I just prefer to stay closer to bus stop. We took a bus over to POR (just ask a theme park bus if they are headed over there) & had dinner at Boatwrights & walked along the river back to POFQ. POR also offers horse drawn carriage rides that I think would make an awesome honeymoon memory.

Just let us DIS strangers plan your honeymoon...it will be awesome!

It is surprising that the price difference was that much. For our trip next month, it was only $3/night more for a pool view vs a parking lot view. We took the pool view so we would be close to the ferry dock and the pool bar!

We love POFQ! If money is a concern, standard view works just as well as river view, considering that the rooms do not have balconies. However, we almost always book river view because the cost difference usually isn’t big. It’s just so pleasant to look out the window and see the water and to be able to take a beautiful leisurely walk right outside the door.

You could always book a regular view and ask about an upgrade when you get there. Maybe a free one with some honeymoon pixie dust or you could do a paid upgrade that might be cheaper than booking it ahead of time. We did stay at Bldg 4 last time and it ended up being the perfect spot but either way as everyone said it is so small every building is good.

I would book river view, buildings 2 or 5. You would be about 1 min from the boat dock and the pool, about 2 minutes from the lobby, food court, and bus stop.

I would never pay extra for a view there because I wouldn’t sit with my curtains open having the walkers by gazing upon my sprawled on the bed self, so I’ve never really enjoyed a view. 😂😂

We love POFQ though, and end up getting “garden view” because it’s always the only military discount option.

I would never pay extra for a view there because I wouldn’t sit with my curtains open having the walkers by gazing upon my sprawled on the bed self, so I’ve never really enjoyed a view. 😂😂

We love POFQ though, and end up getting “garden view” because it’s always the only military discount option.
That is an excellent point! Hahah.

I’m looking into booking a few nights at POFQ to close out my WDW honeymoon next fall. I’m trying to figure out how large the resort is and how long it takes to walk everywhere? Is it worth paying extra (currently about $25/night) for a Pool view (to guarantee centralized location close to everything)??

Thoughts? Opinions?
It’s so easily walkable...the only I would not take is the parking lot rooms. My sis did her honeymoon there and they loved it!
Pixie dust your way and
Congratulations!!!!

No matter what building you get it's a very short walk to the bus and food court. I always book garden room because I don't want to have a park lot view. Last year we were in building 1 right on the end so we had a garden/river view because we had two windows. It was a nice perk to have that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter