six hour wait for flights of passage this weekend????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow that’s crazy! Note to self... never visit WDW the week of Presidents Day

I can’t even imagine how I would talk my family into waiting 6 hrs!!! My kids would loose it

I wonder what the longest wait at wdw has ever been? This has got to be up there?

I was talking about this with another resort guest this past week at Disney. I did not go to AK but we were saying if you are paying over $100 for a ticket, you should be able to get on every ride in a park. They should limit how many people can enter a park per day. I just can't justify spending $120 to stand in line for more than hour. That is just absurd.

I was talking about this with another resort guest this past week at Disney. I did not go to AK but we were saying if you are paying over $100 for a ticket, you should be able to get on every ride in a park. They should limit how many people can enter a park per day. I just can't justify spending $120 to stand in line for more than hour. That is just absurd.

They do limit the number of people and FOP is an extreme extreme example, that on average is closer to 120-180 minutes. Today's a holiday on a week when a lot of extra people were in the area.

We waited 90 mintes the very first time we rode it.
Now, I wouldn't wait that long and certainly never 6 hours for any ride.

Disney is there to make money... the problem is people who are willing to pay that amount and stand in 6 hour lines (allegedly, even 3 hours is ridiculous) and keep going back. Although it is probably more the 'only timers' or 'very rarely' ones who would get in that line.

It's not going to get any better as long as people keep giving them their money.

I'm so glad that we were there last week instead of this week like I wanted to do. The 21st is my anniversary and wanted to go this week. Room rates were high so we switched it to 2-11 to 2-14. I was able to get FOP FP's on my first park day for the afternoon. While eating dinner at Tiffins I was able to get a FP for 7pm. Wait times for FOP were about 2 hours all day long.

I don't spend a whole lot of money to come to Disney because being a resident helps. But even with that, I'm not there to spend ALL my park time in line for ONE ride. That lasts what...10 minutes? I can almost guarantee the people who stood in that line are the ones who know nothing about FP even after visiting Disney previously, first timers, or that one crazy individual who has the FP but wants to ride it twice. :eek: :scared1: The teacher in me goes....do these people do the math when they get in line??? :teacher: 360 minutes equals what?? Let's see...there are 60 minutes in one hour. And 60 goes into 360 6 times. Okay....I'm going to be in line....at the least 6 hours. :scratchin :crowded: Uh....no thanks! I'll go find 2 or 3 other rides that I can probably ride TWICE in that time! :hourglass I apologize....I can't help myself...that's what I do! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I understand that FoP is a WONDERFUL ride! I just talked to a friend on the phone last night that tells me he rides it EVERY TIME he and his wife visit....they are FL annual pass holders. I explained to him that my motion sickness and it's wonkiness makes that ride a no go for me. Coz plain and simple, if I couldn't get a FP for it.....I would move on to something else. I hadn't rode TT for years back when it was THE popular ride. I NEVER understood the waits in that line either. THEN...March of 2015 I did FPs for me, my son, and hubby. :cheer2: I absolutely understood the moment that car hit the track why that ride was as popular as it was back then! Son and I will be doing FP on that one again this June! :banana:

My hours left on this blue bauble are limited so I choose not to wait in line over 30 minutes for anything at an amusement park. That said, the ride in question is beyond all my expectations of anything that I have experienced so far in life from a thrill ride.

Let's start with...it's a great ride. But not pivotal in my life. The line is only 6 hours long because 6 hours of people have bought the sales pitch that it's the best thing since sliced bread. It's a great ride....but not worth 6 hours of my life.

When I hear wait time like this, I wonder the following things:
1) Was the wait time inflated to discourage people from getting in line?
2) Did anyone actually wait that long for the ride?
3) Or was the line possibly that long because people got in line assuming #1 to be true, but then later abandoned their attempt to wait it out?

One of the vloggers should camp out on days like this and do entrance and exit polls to find out the answers to these questions, and what it is like to spend most of the day in one line.

Have they started adding bathrooms in the line?!? I mean who gets into a 6 hour line with no ability to get a bathroom, clearly no something I would do!

On a side note I’m going this year over Memorial Day weekend (it’s my only option, maybe another day trip at Christmas but mostly likely not) anyway, I can’t change the date but I’m beginning to wonder if a day at the MK will be worth it if the crowds are similar... suggestions? It’s also EMM that Sunday but the others going with me don’t want to pay for it. I did get them to agree to BOG PPO at 8:05...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter