Sitting at an AYCTE and not eating....allowed?

Thank you all for the overwhelmingly positive responses. Are you saying that it's NEVER happened that a family sat down to eat and someone wasn't feeling well or not hungry....and they still charged them ???? or everyone left???? C'mon now.
Yes, there have been reports of everyone being charged. Even people that are tube fed cannot be guaranteed pixie dust and being charged less, or nothing. So if you go, assume that Picky Eater will be charged full price. If you can live with that, fine. If not, don’t eat there.

Disney is not flexible. There are too many people, too many restaurants, to make exceptions

how exactly do you monitor what someone does or does not eat? Who wants to argue I saw littke Susie take a bite of a donut.
it’s a firm policy. And yes, tube fed wheelchair bound guests have been charged at character meals.

Thank you all for the overwhelmingly positive responses. Are you saying that it's NEVER happened that a family sat down to eat and someone wasn't feeling well or not hungry....and they still charged them ???? or everyone left???? C'mon now.
Not sure why you're skeptical when all the posters have given the same answer. It's All You Care to Eat - so even if you care to eat nothing, you still get charged. JUST my opinion, but even if an exception were to be made, picky would be the least reason.

I’ve debated posting this but I will
take it w a grain of salt

the ONLY exception I’ve ever heard about is a sleeping child who,slept through the entire meal. The server, in their discretion , did not charge for the sleeping child.

again, that is the only exception I’ve ever seen over many many years
and that was pure pixie dust

Of course, no one can prove that it's never happened. All people can do is tell you the policy, what they've heard is usually done, and what has happened to them. That should be enough unless you are determined to take a chance.

So, if you went to your local buffet restaurant, whatever that might be, and this same person said they weren't eating but wanted to come in anyway, would that restaurant let them go in and just sit???

You have to make an ADR for everyone in your party and they must all be present when you check-in. Yes, everyone in your party will be charged, eating or not.

Just makes sense! You are taking up a spot that someone else, that wanted to eat, could use.

My oldest was and still is to some degree, extremely picky due to sensory issues. My family loves character meals, so we chose to eat at buffets knowing that we were paying a premium for a roll and two chicken fingers. We even sucked it up when our kids turned 10. While it does sting to pay the adult price of an AYCE or buffet, it was our choice to eat there.

Yes, that's right. Disney will charge every guest. I don't know why this is hard to believe.

If they didn't charge everyone they'd have to monitor the people who supposedly were not eating, and then argue about the bill if they were seen eating. Disney doesn't want to go there, understandably. It just isn't worth the hassle.

It's analogous to paying for entrance into Magic Kingdom itself. Each guest has to pay to get in, whether they choose to ride anything or not. Same principle with an AYCTE. Whether you care to eat a lot, a little, or nothing, you have to pay to get in.

We've gone to nice TS before where some in our party, who were picky, didn't eat and just enjoyed a rest while we dined. But what about AYCTE like Liberty Tree? We have 3 and 1 doesn't eat anything....ya think they can still sit with us? Anyone have any experience? TIA!

Short answer - no.
It used to be LTT for lunch had other menu options. They really do offer a lot with the meal that they serve so hopefully they can find something to eat. Now if they were vegetarian or had allergies they would certainly do what they could to accommodate your guests needs. Otherwise they could go over to Columbia harbor house and find something there to eat.

We've gone to nice TS before where some in our party, who were picky, didn't eat and just enjoyed a rest while we dined. But what about AYCTE like Liberty Tree? We have 3 and 1 doesn't eat anything....ya think they can still sit with us? Anyone have any experience? TIA!
Short answer - no.
It used to be LTT for lunch had other menu options. They really do offer a lot with the meal that they serve so hopefully they can find something to eat. Now if they were vegetarian or had allergies they would certainly do what they could to accommodate your guests needs. Otherwise they could go over to Columbia harbor house and find something there to eat.

When I posted earlier, I forgot to mention on the occasions that my son could not find something to eat at an AYCTE or buffet, our server was very willing to find something for him to eat. As an example, at Boma, my son was offered chicken fingers from The Mara.

When I posted earlier, I forgot to mention on the occasions that my son could not find something to eat at an AYCTE or buffet, our server was very willing to find something for him to eat. As an example, at Boma, my son was offered chicken fingers from The Mara.
Don't they have chicken nuggets on the kids food item counter? Usually they have more kid friendly food there.

Don't they have chicken nuggets on the kids food item counter? Usually they have more kid friendly food there.

This was back in 2005. I remember the CM was so kind to offer to get food for our son. He saw that my son was on the verge of a meltdown and saved me from having to leave the restaurant with my son in tow.

I wish it would work. We had a breakfast at Crystal Palace one year- DD5 ate 2 strawberries, DS3 did not eat one bite and refused everything we put on his plate. I was ready to cry over that one- except I think DH made up for all of us lol

Reactions: rlk

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter