Sit-Down in MK/Epcot?

Laura353741

Mouseketeer
Hi! I am going to Disney in January with my son who is 10... I always do the MOST research on EATING when we go on the trips, haha! He's over the characters- what is your favorite sit down restaurant for dinner in MK, any cuisine?

What about Epcot?

I've yet to do sitdown at MK.

Epcot has more than I can think of.

Teppan Edo is fun if you don't have that style of restaurant at home.

Nine Dragons isn't bad.

I've heard good things about Spice Road Table.

At Epcot probably Teppan Edo--decent entertainment and pretty good food. We also like Chefs de France and Via Napoli, but both can be loud. I would insist on outside seating at Via Napoli.

We usually don't eat dinner at MK because the restaurants don't really appeal to us. Be Out Guest wasn't bad for dinner but that was before the change to signature--we won't eat there now.

Hi! I am going to Disney in January with my son who is 10... I always do the MOST research on EATING when we go on the trips, haha! He's over the characters- what is your favorite sit down restaurant for dinner in MK, any cuisine?

What about Epcot?

I've only done BoG for dinner and Skipper Canteen. I definitely recommend the latter. Haven't had a chance to do non-character sit-down meals in the EPCOT area oddly enough (too busy catching up on my childhood I guess 😅) .

We loved Skipper Canteen during our last visit! Great atmposhere, our server April was fantastic (witty, thoughtful and fast) and the food was delicious.. Some of the best falafel ever. Paired with a FP+ for Junge Cruise right before or after makes for a great night! We also enjoyed Be Our Guest for dinner, but not sure the 10 year old would like that as much as I did.

For MK I would explore options at resorts nearby. Never done a MK TS, but none appeal to me personally. You have Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge, and Fort Wilderness all within a walk/monorail/boat ride from the MK. All 5 have highly rated TS meals, I personally can endorse Whispering Canyon as well as Ohana, but that one can be inconsistent.

For Epcot, Spice Road Table is great. Biergarten is fun, food is average to above average. More about vibe and entertainment there.

At MK we always do Liberty Tree. It's not my favorite but my husband loves it so we go. The nice thing is even our picky eaters liked it and the dessert is always fabulous. My youngest wants to go back to The Plaza next visit because he liked the meatloaf and big milkshakes.

At Epcot there are a lot of options but honestly the only sit down we always do is Teppan Edo. We have plenty of hibachi style restaurants here but once again it's a nostalgia thing and the food is always great. Other than that at Epcot we tend to just snack a lot or hit the quick service places since they are really good in the world showcase.

Our family favorite for Epcot is Biergarten! My kids are 13, 8, 2, 2, and all 6 of us love the food and atmosphere there.

We haven't had many table service in MK, but the two we have were enjoyable. The Plaza for the sandwiches and milkshakes, and Liberty Tree Tavern for the ooey gooey cake for dessert.

If you sneak out of MK for a short walk, the Wave in the Contemporary is really good. For our one sit down dinner there, my kids were fascinated by glowing ice cubes in their drinks.

Basically all of the table service restaurants in the World Showcase are very good.
Are you looking for really high end cuisine? If so, you can’t go wrong with Monsieur Paul, Takumi-Tei, Tutto Italia, or Le Cellier.

Skipper Canteen or Liberty Tree Tavern at MK both have great food and no characters. Epcot has so many awesome options you can't go wrong... Via Napoli is a particular favorite, especially if your son is a fan of pizza.

Skipper Canteen at MK, we love it.
The sky is the limit at Epcot. Just about anywhere in WS is good/o.k. We love Spice Road Tables but have eaten at just about every restaurant in WS except for Germany and like all them. We don't eat outside of WS at Epcot, just too many choices there to go anywhere else. You also have the Boardwalk area right there so plenty of options there and at Swan/Dolphin.

I really liked Liberty Tavern in MK. I enjoyed Skiper Canteen but two of the people I was with disliked it so I hesitate to recommend it completely.

I’ve liked all of the restaurants in Epcot, including the normally panned Coral Reef. I think the only ones I haven’t tried are Akershus, because I usually skip buffets, and the restaurant in Japan. I don’t think you can go wrong with any of the rest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter