Sit down! Buckle up! & Hang On! Mickeystoontown's Gang is going to Walley World! 5/15

Hunter’s Sweet 16 and Pulling an All Nighter at the Magic Kingdom!

What do you get a young man about to turn 16 given the fact that he’s spent 13 out of 15 of his birthdays at Walt Disney World? :confused3 A brand spanking new car? :car: I’m sure that he’d love that but that ain’t happening. A used one maybe but not a new one. Daddy is next in line for a new vehicle. A Sweet 16 Party to rival those on MTV? :rockband: Yeah right! That ain’t happening either. So, if he’s not getting a new car and he’s not getting a big blow out party, what about 24 hours in the Magic Kingdom? pixiedust: Yeah, that could happen. No, seriously. It can happen! Disney made an announcement that, on May 24th, they are keeping the Magic Kingdom open 24 hours!

mike-wazowski.jpg

For months and months, I had been wracking my brain trying to figure out something special to do while at Walt Disney World and when Disney made the Monsterous Summer announcement, I knew that it was the perfect solution to our problem. Yay Disney! :yay:

For those of you who didn’t see the official announcement, check it out:

http://land.allears.net/blogs/dnews/2013/04/disney_parks_to_kick_off_a_mon.html

Honestly, I’m pretty sure that we’re going to tucker out way before they close the gates at 6 a.m. but I’m thinking that we’ll try and stick it out for as long as we can. :faint: Mama will probably be getting on a bus as soon as we finish up dinner. We’ll play that by ear.

As far as what we want to see and do that day, the answer is EVERYTHING we possibly can. Our vacation plans include two days at the Magic Kingdom so we know if we miss something, we’ll be able to see it on Day 2. However, there are some things worth seeing twice. Such as:

poc_1_9981.jpg

I mean, come one, who can pass up seeing little piggies rolling around in the mud:

3334599092_9ffaf36292_z.jpg

A hairy legged drunk man:

8140196550_57b03073eb_z.jpg

Cute puppies tempting men in the slammer:

pirates_carab1.jpg

and, last but certainly not least, this hunka hunka:

3103916496_46ebcf7824.jpg

Other “not to be missed” and “worthy to be seen multiple times” are:

P01-0001.JPG

and:

disney_world_magic_kingdom_space_mountain.jpg

Oh we certainly can’t forget the new Fantasyland! They’ve done a lot of construction in a year and we can hardly wait to see it!

New_Fantasyland-disney.jpg

The last time we were there, the only thing that was open were the two Dumbos and the bathroom nearby. Remember...John went on a covert mission and took pics inside the men’s room. :ssst:

We have dinner reservations at The Wave. You know, that’s the restaurant that John had never heard of despite the fact that he looked at the menu and chose it. ;) This will be our first time eating at The Wave and, after reading several of your reviews and looking at your pictures, I’m glad that it made the list of new restaurants to try.

Contemporary1-065.JPG

Mama has never been to the Contemporary Resort and it’s been quite some time that we’ve made the walk over from the park to have dinner at Chef Mickeys. I wonder what she’ll think when she sees the monorail zoom through the resort?

I need to look into the activities that will be taking place at the Magic Kingdom on the 24th to see what all is going to be going on. I think that I remember there would be dance parties going on. Ya’ll know how we love to get our groove on! We’re going to be busting moves left and right and back to the left again! Mind you, I said that we like to dance. I never said that we’re good at it.

DSCF2586.jpg

DSCF2597.jpg

I’m pretty darn sure that John, Hunter and I won’t stick it out until they shut it down but we’ll probably give it a whirl!

**Up next: Look out! There’s a golf ball coming straight for ya
!

Real life update before moving on

KatMark has a son who is getting married soon and I pulled out their wedding gift last night so that I can get it in the mail before we leave.

Lisa, that is so very, very sweet of you...thank you. :hug:

What a PERFECT 16th birthday gift for Hunter...24 hours at the Magic Kingdom. I don't see how it can be beat!

I came across your Cruise/WDW trip report yesterday and read it in it's entirety today. Now I've found this PTR. I find you hysterical and I love your Disney mentality. Enjoy your upcoming trip! Hunter will definitely have a 16th birthday that he'll never forget.

Hi Lisa
Thank you so much for putting the word out about the hungry in our backyard...hunger affects people people we all know...co-workers, fellow church members and our own neighbors next door...and especially children..for many children, in ALL types of communities, their only meals are what they eat at school...its a serious problem that we should all be talking about! So Thank you again!

I cant believe how lucky you guys are to be in Disney the day they are staying open for 24 hours!!!!!!!!! Yipee!!!!!! Lucky Hunter!!!

Wow! Lucky Hunter on spending that long in the Magic Kingdom for his birthday! I'm jealous!

I always said that I didn't like the Contemporary and that it didn't have any theme, but then we stayed there one trip when we decided to add a few days prior to our original reservation and I loved it!!! I love the monorail going through, I love the big, open concourse, and I love being able to walk to the Magic Kingdom.

We are staying at Bay Lake Tower for my birthday in August. I can't wait!

And I completely agree that there is never an "end" to the Disney planning. We are considering a May 2014 trip, too, but I have to talk my husband into it. He wants to go on a "big" vacation next year, but he also wants to do a lot of work around the house (remodel the kitchen). I sometimes think he really does believe that money grows on the trees outside our house. :rotfl2:

I look forward to your review of The Wave. We've looked at the menu many times, but it's never made the cut. I'll be interested to hear your opinion.

you have me really excited about CBR now... :) I can't wait to go and cant wait to hear about your experience this time!

I am a paralegal too!! :) What kind of law does your attorney practice?

Cherish your mama. I miss mine so much and today only marks one month that she has been gone. Cancer will never take that Disney trip away from me.

I want to try Ohana at night too but right now we have a character breakfast booked. Figured I better wait and do that one when my boys are older.

Have you ever tried Cape May breakfast? I have it booked but I am thinking about cancelling it and saving my TS credit for lunch at T-Rex on our last afternoon before we head out about 1 that afternoon. what do you think?

I came across your Cruise/WDW trip report yesterday and read it in it's entirety today. Now I've found this PTR. I find you hysterical and I love your Disney mentality. Enjoy your upcoming trip! Hunter will definitely have a 16th birthday that he'll never forget.

Welcome aboard! Love meeting new people! We are a pretty funny bunch even when it's just John, Hunter and I at home. Throw in Lacey & Jesse and it's a comedy in the making. :lmao:

Hi Lisa
Thank you so much for putting the word out about the hungry in our backyard...hunger affects people people we all know...co-workers, fellow church members and our own neighbors next door...and especially children..for many children, in ALL types of communities, their only meals are what they eat at school...its a serious problem that we should all be talking about! So Thank you again!

I cant believe how lucky you guys are to be in Disney the day they are staying open for 24 hours!!!!!!!!! Yipee!!!!!! Lucky Hunter!!!

I watched Chopped the other day and all of the Chefs worked in school cafeterias. I cried when they talked about how some of the children were eating their only meal of the day in their school cafeterias. It's so very sad!

Hunter is stoked that he'll get to spend his 16th birthday in the Magic Kingdom!

Wow! Lucky Hunter on spending that long in the Magic Kingdom for his birthday! I'm jealous!

I always said that I didn't like the Contemporary and that it didn't have any theme, but then we stayed there one trip when we decided to add a few days prior to our original reservation and I loved it!!! I love the monorail going through, I love the big, open concourse, and I love being able to walk to the Magic Kingdom.

We are staying at Bay Lake Tower for my birthday in August. I can't wait!

And I completely agree that there is never an "end" to the Disney planning. We are considering a May 2014 trip, too, but I have to talk my husband into it. He wants to go on a "big" vacation next year, but he also wants to do a lot of work around the house (remodel the kitchen). I sometimes think he really does believe that money grows on the trees outside our house. :rotfl2:

I look forward to your review of The Wave. We've looked at the menu many times, but it's never made the cut. I'll be interested to hear your opinion.

I couldn't have been happier when the 24th hours announcement was made. It was the perfect Sweet 16 gift!

I always wondered if I would like to stay at the Contemporary. You really need to write a trip report one day so that I can read about ya'll journeys to Disney.

Oh Lordy, what does the hubby think that a Disney trip is? To us, that is a BIG vacation. :rotfl: Your money growing on trees comment made me laugh outloud. That's one of the things that John and Jesse joke around about. They were talking one day and Jesse said "what, you don't have a money tree?" When they came to visit at Christmas, John got one of our green sticks that we use to tie our tomatos to in the garden and put it right beside the house. It was nothing but a green bare stick. John hung a sign on it saying "this money tree has been stripped bare". :p

you have me really excited about CBR now... :) I can't wait to go and cant wait to hear about your experience this time!

I am a paralegal too!! :) What kind of law does your attorney practice?

Cherish your mama. I miss mine so much and today only marks one month that she has been gone. Cancer will never take that Disney trip away from me.

I want to try Ohana at night too but right now we have a character breakfast booked. Figured I better wait and do that one when my boys are older.

Have you ever tried Cape May breakfast? I have it booked but I am thinking about cancelling it and saving my TS credit for lunch at T-Rex on our last afternoon before we head out about 1 that afternoon. what do you think?

Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!

The attorney I work for now, does nothing but family/domestic law. The other firm I was with before did mostly family law but also did a few personal injury cases and small criminal cases. What type of firm do you work in?

My Mama travels with us a lot but says that this is her last trip with us to Disney. At least, that's what she says now. We'll see what she says afterwards. She may change her mind.

We haven't tried Cape May breakfast but several of my readers have. Maybe they can chime in with their thoughts. Ooh, I think if I were given the choice between Cape May breakfast and T-Rex, I'd choose T-Rex. It's really neat!

I couldn't have been happier when the 24th hours announcement was made. It was the perfect Sweet 16 gift!

I always wondered if I would like to stay at the Contemporary. You really need to write a trip report one day so that I can read about ya'll journeys to Disney.

Oh Lordy, what does the hubby think that a Disney trip is? To us, that is a BIG vacation. :rotfl: Your money growing on trees comment made me laugh outloud. That's one of the things that John and Jesse joke around about. They were talking one day and Jesse said "what, you don't have a money tree?" When they came to visit at Christmas, John got one of our green sticks that we use to tie our tomatos to in the garden and put it right beside the house. It was nothing but a green bare stick. John hung a sign on it saying "this money tree has been stripped bare". :p

Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!

The attorney I work for now, does nothing but family/domestic law. The other firm I was with before did mostly family law but also did a few personal injury cases and small criminal cases. What type of firm do you work in?

My Mama travels with us a lot but says that this is her last trip with us to Disney. At least, that's what she says now. We'll see what she says afterwards. She may change her mind.

We haven't tried Cape May breakfast but several of my readers have. Maybe they can chime in with their thoughts. Ooh, I think if I were given the choice between Cape May breakfast and T-Rex, I'd choose T-Rex. It's really neat!

We do mainly domestic/criminal law here.. We do some real estate and some injury ones...

We have tried T-Rex before and loved it.. The only thing about T-Rex is- its so much food and we will be driving home and have no way to save leftovers. :( I kind of wanted to do Cape May so I can check out the Beach Club Resort. :)- plus we are doing the Halloween party that night & will have a leisurely day so thought it would be nice to stroll over there and its characters and my kids will love that.. Can you recommend a good quick service at DTD? That will be our last day before we come home.

We do mainly domestic/criminal law here.. We do some real estate and some injury ones...

We have tried T-Rex before and loved it.. The only thing about T-Rex is- its so much food and we will be driving home and have no way to save leftovers. :( I kind of wanted to do Cape May so I can check out the Beach Club Resort. :)- plus we are doing the Halloween party that night & will have a leisurely day so thought it would be nice to stroll over there and its characters and my kids will love that.. Can you recommend a good quick service at DTD? That will be our last day before we come home.

Sounds like we do the same type work.

Yeah, T-Rex is a lot of food. I felt that same way when we ate there before the cruise. I wanted to take the leftovers back to the resort but knew that we wouldn't get to eat them before we left for the Port.

I'd highly recommend Wolfgang Puck Express for a DTD counterservice. The food was very good. I have pictures of our food in my Excuse Me report. I think that update was titled "Why Haven't We Tried This Before".

We've not done T-Rex as we no longer have small boys who would be into it (and we aren't Rainforest Cafe fans so don't think T-Rex would appeal).

We've done Cape May for breakfast numerous times. We always enjoyed it up until our last meal there in December. It wasn't that it was bad, it just didn't seem to carry as many different items as they used to. Now, it could have been an off day and I am going again next month on my girls trip and a DIS meet, and am hoping it is better this time around. I will say the character interaction is awesome....sometimes they come by 2 or 3 times depending on how busy it is.

Do you remember what kinds of food are there? I am not a huge breakfast fan but I know my boys will enjoy this.. If it weren't for the leftovers and not wanting to waste, we would do T-Rex.

What kind of food does Wolfgang have?

Do you remember what kinds of food are there? I am not a huge breakfast fan but I know my boys will enjoy this.. If it weren't for the leftovers and not wanting to waste, we would do T-Rex.

What kind of food does Wolfgang have?

There were Mickey Waffles, scrambled eggs, fruit, muffins, croissants, bagels. I don't remember seeing pancakes or french toast. They had bacon and sausage, some dry cereal and maybe oatmeal?

I've only done WGE once. But some of the items on the menu were: salads (caesar, chicken, turkey, greek), soups, pizzas, turkey club, roasted turkey, meatloaf, chicken salad, spaghetti, half rotisserie chicken.

One of these days, I'm going to write a trip report. I always plan on it, but then I get home and I realize that I completely forgot to take any pictures that anyone would be interested in. :rotfl:

His idea of a "big" vacation is to go somewhere that you have to take an airplane to get to. The problem is finding airfare for 4 that doesn't cost as much as I'd like to spend on the entire vacation.

I so need to use that stick trick on the hubby! Maybe he'll get the idea.

Hi Lisa! I'm finally all caught up! Your plans sound great. I really hope that you guys enjoy trying a new resort, even if it is only for a short time.

Oh men and 'Ohana. My husband does the same thing. :faint:

How awesome that Hunter gets to spend 24 hours at MK for his birthday! That's perfect!

My DH's birthday is also 5/24 and believe me, he wishes he got to spend it at MK! Hunter is lucky!

We enjoyed our Cape May breakfast a few years ago. I would say most of the food is standard Disney buffet fare. The characters are cute in their beach wear!

Forgot to add that I'm already planning next year's trip. Resort shopping.......again! :p

Should I say I am shocked? :rotfl2: Not!

I know all about the pre-trip clean up. Do it every time!

So excited that your trip is just around the corner.

I was caught up in that trial, too. What craziness.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter