Sister Wives

Kody views himself as the CEO of the family. Christine and Janelle are middle management. He sees his relationship with the kids as a middle management issue. Something he delegated to them. And he's not happy that middle management didn't handle it the way he liked.

Last edited:
Wonder how long Robyn will be in the picture seeing she didn't sign up for a monogamous relationship.

Just watched the episode. Wow. Kody is such a narcissist! It's his way or the highway. Janelle said, "You're not listening to me." He said, "And I'm not going to." That's the definition of narcissist right there. He expects each wife to keep her household "in order" so that everything is easy and welcoming when he decides to make an appearance. This "father" takes absolutely no responsibility for creating and sustaining close and mutually respectful relationships with his own children!

More than once Kody said that Janelle chose Christine over him. Christine wasn't even in the picture those times. She went to visit Maddie and Caleb (and others joined her there) for Thanksgiving, and Christine was in Utah. She's having a big Christmas with most of her kids, and Christine won't be there until after the holiday. She's choosing spending time with her kids over spending it with Kody's other family. Even if they were all one big happy family like they originally claimed, there were bound to be these shifts as the kids became adults. I wouldn't get too far by demanding that all my kids show up back "home" every holiday, and we all still like each other and are in the home where they grew up. Plus, Meri used to always host Christmas until Robyn got here Flagstaff house, and now Kody wants everyone at "his" house.

I think Janelle was spot on when she said Kody wants the other relationships to end, but he doesn’t want it to be his decision in case that makes him look bad. So he just set out to ignore the other three wives until they had enough and left him. And it worked, and probably the best thing that could have happened to Meri, Christine and Janelle!

Eh, I don't know. I think she wanted a plural marriage.....in theory. But then discovered that theory and reality are sometimes very different things.

Once she got in it and got a good, hard look at the reality I think she tried really hard to make herself Kody's favorite.

I cringed so hard at this episode. Meri, what are you doing girl? You ARE a third wheel and it’s really getting creepy. I hope the rumours are true and that she’s gone too.
::yes:: Everyone (including Meri herself) seems to have relegated her to the role of the pseudo-spinster Aunt; the kind that in yesteryear would have been cared for into perpetuity by the family but only have an extremely marginal role.

If you haven't, you should listen to Gwen's (Youtube) and Mykelti's (Patreon) takes of the last couple seasons - it's really interesting to watch.

That being said, Robyn and Kody only have two children together, just like Meri only has Leon. I can easily see Christine and Janelle's kids doing celebrations together. And although I think Kody might be invited (at least until Truely turns 18) I don't see Robyn being included.

We've heard that several of Christine's kids consider David (Christine's fiance) more of a father figure than Kody. If David wasn't in the picture I could see Christine inviting Robyn along just so Kody would show, but with David in the picture I don't think she'll bother. I think Robyn burned too many bridges with text-gate.

The sad truth is that while Robyn's kids with Kody are going to have a relationship with their father, it will be at the cost of a relationship with their biological siblings. And while the older kids at one point did consider Robyn's children with her previous husband their brother and sisters, as time goes on it's likely the absence Robyn created will be used to make them believe otherwise.

Eh, I don't know. I think she wanted a plural marriage.....in theory. But then discovered that theory and reality are sometimes very different things.

Once she got in it and got a good, hard look at the reality I think she tried really hard to make herself Kody's favorite.
I think to her a plural marriage was all the big family celebrations. The holidays seem to be the only thing any of them care about. I think she just assumed she could come in and be the queen bee, the pretty young thing. I'm not sure she wants the version of polygamy where he goes and gets younger wives and she's one of the old ones put on a shelf until the next major holiday.

Last edited:
I'm not convinced that Robin is as much of an issue as everyone thinks. I truly think her personality is just more suited to Kody than the others. And also there was a lot less baggage with Robin since the others were married for close to 20 years prior to Robin coming along.

I really feel like the issue all along is Kody. Kody is the one that treated Robin different from the start and that is what caused a lot of other issues in the family. You can even see in earlier episodes that he just does what he wants and it was evident to the other wives & the previous kids.

It is Kody's job to make each relationship work and he just gave up on the others. I agree with others here and with Janelle's assessment that he pushed the other wives to the side so they break up with him.

Maybe Robin is also an issue but either way I put all the blame on Kody.

More than once Kody said that Janelle chose Christine over him. Christine wasn't even in the picture those times. She went to visit Maddie and Caleb (and others joined her there) for Thanksgiving, and Christine was in Utah. She's having a big Christmas with most of her kids, and Christine won't be there until after the holiday. She's choosing spending time with her kids over spending it with Kody's other family. Even if they were all one big happy family like they originally claimed, there were bound to be these shifts as the kids became adults. I wouldn't get too far by demanding that all my kids show up back "home" every holiday, and we all still like each other and are in the home where they grew up. Plus, Meri used to always host Christmas until Robyn got here Flagstaff house, and now Kody wants everyone at "his" house.

You notice how he says "his house" not robins house

Sacred isolation? I'm not sure Kody's friend his helping him...
That’s Meri’s brother-in-law. They said that he is married to Meri’s sister. I’ve heard it mentioned that this guy has even sat on the couch with Kody for the interviews. I suspect they are going to find a way to add him to the show. I find it incredibly odd that they don’t show any interaction with Meri, since they are more related than he and Kody are

Just watched the latest episode. Why in the world is Ariella still using a pacifier? She would have been almost 6 I believe for Christmas 2021...

Just watched the latest episode. Why in the world is Ariella still using a pacifier? She would have been almost 6 I believe for Christmas 2021...

I went down an IG rabbit hole last night and someone who is apparently in the know on polygamy said the reason Robin lets her use a pacifier this long is because Kody only likes young kids. Robyn knows Kody discards the kids once they get older and also discards the wives once they stop giving him children. It's called "putting the wife out to pasture." Women fear this happening and go to disturbing lengths to stop it from happening. So she will keep Ariella "young" for as long as she can.

I don't know how true it is but Kody did start discarding his wives once they stopped giving him babies and Robyn could and did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter