Sister Wives

could be interesting to see how christine's departure impact kody & robyn's finances. christine has been bringing income to the family for the past several years via her business ventures which will now be gone. add in her right to pursue child support for truely (she's 11 so there's at minimum 7 years of potential financial obligations for kody). i'm guessing she would also be looking to sell off her share of the coyote pass property so that would be another chunk of change kody would be looking for if he wants to retain full ownership/control of all the lots.
Don't you think they'll end up selling all the lots rather than try to buy out Christine? I don't think they are in very good financial shape after their poor decision making to sell off their other houses. If anything, I think Kodi is well aware that there could be financial costs to him once Christine leaves. It's probably the only reason he would like her to stay, although he does still have Truley and she will be living quite far away if Christine moves. I'm sure this is a consideration as well. I think it would actually be an emotional relief to him to have Christine out of his life.

I think their finances are all tied together somehow and separating will create some financial problems. They never talk about that, but in this first season opener Kodi mentioned being fearful of Christine hooking up or marrying someone who will try and "rip him off". So there must be something to it.
That was a particularly awful comment from Kody. He has to be at the center of everything. As in, the only reason another man would be with Christine would be to get at Kody's money.

Gotta say that was a tough one to watch. Oh Sobbin Robyn, your scenes were so fake and staged. Bleck.
I'm glad that Christine was able to put her perspective into words despite the many instances of gaslighting by Kody during the entire encounter. He's such a creep.

I can't believe he's even bringing up Christine's kids as a factor. For the last 2 years, it looks like he only really cared about Robyn's kids. What he did to Ysabel for her surgery was shameful. I'm so glad Christine left! He looks like such a jerk because he is a class A jerk.

Don't you think they'll end up selling all the lots rather than try to buy out Christine? I don't think they are in very good financial shape after their poor decision making to sell off their other houses. If anything, I think Kodi is well aware that there could be financial costs to him once Christine leaves. It's probably the only reason he would like her to stay, although he does still have Truley and she will be living quite far away if Christine moves. I'm sure this is a consideration as well. I think it would actually be an emotional relief to him to have Christine out of his life.

christine signed off her ownership rights to her lot to kody and robyn for $10 within the last few months.

I was wondering about the discussion about Christine having asked him to take a walk/hike with her (and Janelle, I think) and he said that he didn't have the free time for those things like she did because she was home all day, but he had to work. That got me thinking-besides the TV show, what work DOES he do? I don't remember any mention of a job.

I was wondering about the discussion about Christine having asked him to take a walk/hike with her (and Janelle, I think) and he said that he didn't have the free time for those things like she did because she was home all day, but he had to work. That got me thinking-besides the TV show, what work DOES he do? I don't remember any mention of a job.
He’s is apparently some sort of gun dealer.

I do think Christine has made things difficult over the years as well. She's always been jealous and very needy. IMO she should have been prepared to be in a poly relationship and she was never satisfied with it. I also think it was hard for her to hear that Kodi was not attracted to her when they were first married. I understand how that would make her feel very insecure.

I think that would make anybody feel insecure.

During their entire conversation, Kody never once said “don’t go, I love you Christine”. I think she knew then she made the right decision. She’s too young to be in a loveless marriage, though I think any age is too young not to be loved and cherished by your husband. He didn’t see her children very often so I don’t think them living in another state will make much difference to them. When she said he only spent 15 minutes with her in Mother’s Day, my heart broke. I wonder if Janelle and Meri will be next.

I watched the episode last night. I think I can now see clearly what the main problem is in the entire family. It's all on him. He hasn't put any work into making any of the marriages work. The only reason it seems to work with Robyn is because she does whatever he says. If any of the others question him about anything or inject their own opinion, his response is to push them away. Christine told him how unsupported she felt when they lived in Utah, when he couldn't even tuck in her kids when she had to work at night. His response was so defensive and utterly cruel. "I had other wives and kids to deal with! I couldn't spend all my time doing things for you!" What? Dude! They're your kids too! If their mom is out earning money for the family, step up and make the kids feel secure!

He wants the wives to get along and support each other, but what has he done to foster those relationships? During family discussions, the wives voice their frustrations while he just sits there. He doesn't do anything to support them in dealing with their individual relationships. He lays down his own laws and sits back to see who is obeying them. He doles out rewards and punishments in the form of his time and attention. He took on four wives when he's not even capable of properly supporting and caring for one. I don't blame Christine one bit for getting far away from him. I understand Meri's position. She likes being part of the family. She will settle for basically no relationship with Kody, although she would like it to be much more. I think it's time for her to start dating. Find a man who will love her, focus on her and spend time with her. She can stay near the family and still have her own personal life. I hope, for her sake, that she does that.

Last edited:
I feel like Cousin Eddie in "Christmas Vacation" when I say this-"Are you serious, Clark?"
There's something strange if he really has that job.
I'm not even kidding. They don't mention it on the show because, of course, it would turn viewers off.

I watched the episode last night. I think I can now see clearly what the main problem is in the entire family. It's all on him. He hasn't put any work into making any of the marriages work. The only reason it seems to work with Robyn is because she does whatever he says. If any of the others question him about anything or inject their own opinion, his response is to push them away. Christine told him how unsupported she felt when they lived in Utah, when he couldn't even tuck in her kids when she had to work at night. His response was so defensive and utterly cruel. "I had other wives and kids to deal with! I couldn't spend all my time doing things for you!" What? Dude! They're your kids too! If their mom is out earning money for the family, step up and make the kids feel secure!

He wants the wives to get along and support each other, but what has he done to foster those relationships? During family discussions, the wives voice their frustrations while he just sits there. He doesn't do anything to support them in dealing with their individual relationships. He lays down his own laws and sits back to see who is obeying them. He doles out rewards and punishments in the form of his time and attention. He took on four wives when he's not even capable of properly supporting and caring for one. I don't blame Christine one bit for getting far away from him. I understand Meri's position. She likes being part of the family. She will settle for basically no relationship with Kody, although she would like it to be much more. I think it's time for her to start dating. Find a man who will love her, focus on her and spend time with her. She can stay near the family and still have her own personal life. I hope, for her sake, that she does that.

Meri has always gotten a bad rap here and on the internet at large but I was generally in her camp. I think the fertility problems plus Kody being a jerk wad combined to unfairly paint her in a bad light.

Between the fertility issues she had while having to watch Kody pop out kids with three other wives and getting grief over trying to fill that void with French doors and extra counter tops she got the raw end of the deal.

I always connected with her and Janelle the most. I think Janelle is pretty happy with what she has. I think she wanted kids and family more than a man, so to speak. Meri wanted it all and, unfortunately, didn't get either. I don't think she is as nasty as she is made to appear. I think she has had a really hard road and maybe didn't always handle it the best or have the necessary support to handle it better than she did.

I don't condone going outside the family to find the support and companionship she needed but I also totally see why she did. I hope she can find the love and support she deserves.

Meri has always gotten a bad rap here and on the internet at large but I was generally in her camp. I think the fertility problems plus Kody being a jerk wad combined to unfairly paint her in a bad light.

Between the fertility issues she had while having to watch Kody pop out kids with three other wives and getting grief over trying to fill that void with French doors and extra counter tops she got the raw end of the deal.

I always connected with her and Janelle the most. I think Janelle is pretty happy with what she has. I think she wanted kids and family more than a man, so to speak. Meri wanted it all and, unfortunately, didn't get either. I don't think she is as nasty as she is made to appear. I think she has had a really hard road and maybe didn't always handle it the best or have the necessary support to handle it better than she did.

I don't condone going outside the family to find the support and companionship she needed but I also totally see why she did. I hope she can find the love and support she deserves.
I think people make the mistake of viewing Meri through the lens of monogamous marriage. Problem is Meri signed up for plural marriage. When she had trouble having more children of her own, she should have helped mother the other kids in the family. But she didn't. She burrowed into her 5 bedroom home with wet bar behaving like a married infertile wife with a cheating husband, rather than behaving like a sister wife. She signed up for a communal life of mothering a passel of kids. Then she checked out.

Meri is a pathetic figure. Kody treats her terribly and she just keeps going back for more.

I agree that Meri totally got the raw end of the deal. She was only able to have one child and the other wives' large broods pulled the focus from her. Kody wasn't supportive in her struggle and was a complete jerk when it came to the question of pursuing another child through invitro.

Meri lost my support with her infidelity. There's never a reason or an explanation to seek romantic attention outside of a marriage. She could have had the worst husband in the world (and it could be argued that she did!), but the infidelity is 100% on her. It wasn't about Kody at that point. It was about her own unhappiness and how she chose to deal with it. She had other options to pursue besides infidelity. She was willing to work on the marriage and repair it while he was not. Her option at that point was to accept the state of the marriage as it was, or end it and be free to pursue relationships with other men. It can be argued that Kody drove her to the infidelity. But he drove her to be unhappy. How she chose to deal with that was completely on her. As you can see, I have strong opinions on this topic!:rotfl:

I agree that Meri totally got the raw end of the deal. She was only able to have one child and the other wives' large broods pulled the focus from her. Kody wasn't supportive in her struggle and was a complete jerk when it came to the question of pursuing another child through invitro.

Meri lost my support with her infidelity. There's never a reason or an explanation to seek romantic attention outside of a marriage. She could have had the worst husband in the world (and it could be argued that she did!), but the infidelity is 100% on her. It wasn't about Kody at that point. It was about her own unhappiness and how she chose to deal with it. She had other options to pursue besides infidelity. She was willing to work on the marriage and repair it while he was not. Her option at that point was to accept the state of the marriage as it was, or end it and be free to pursue relationships with other men. It can be argued that Kody drove her to the infidelity. But he drove her to be unhappy. How she chose to deal with that was completely on her. As you can see, I have strong opinions on this topic!:rotfl:
Omg. First of all she didn’t physically cheat. Second of all, she is in a PLURAL marriage.
third of all. She is a human being.
C, mon. People can be unsure, shes allowed to be a fallible human.

I think that would make anybody feel insecure.
Best as I understand it (and this is what was basically said in their 2013 book), Christine came from a family they identified as "Polygamy Royalty", whatever that might mean. :confused3 She was, to some extent, a good catch for a young polygamous man working on growing his own celestial kingdom. Regardless of the fact that he apparently didn't like her very much, and how much of that she grasped at the time is unknown. When he said "he didn't know better" (stopping just short of saying on camera that if he knew now what he knew then, he wouldn't have married her), it does ring sadly true.

Was excited to watch it this past Sunday. Train wreck all around. BTW - what was the brown sheet covering something hanging on the ceiling in her bedroom? I haven't seen anyone figure that out yet.

I think I've said this before, but I am becoming less and less of a fan of Christine. She blames Kody for not spending time at her house at night and tucking the kids at night while she worked (which is the first time I heard of this, weird). But she doesn't have any blame for the other wives? I can understand Kody's point - spending extra time at Christine's wouldn't be fair. Christine wouldn't have liked Kody going over to Janelle's house to spend a couple hours getting the kids ready for bed. Making sure the kids were being taken care of at night should have fell onto the other wife that wasn't spending time with Kody + her own kids.

Christine is a very needy person. She needs a lot of attention and one-on-one time with a male partner. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's not Kody or the other wives fault that she is incompatible for a polygamous relationship. She seemed fine until Robyn entered the picture. I think Christine greatly enjoyed living the "newest, hottest" wife role in the family. When Robyn came in to the picture, she was no longer (in her eyes, she has always been beautiful with a good personality) in that coveted role and so took her frustration/resentment out on Robyn and then in turn, Kody. This was detailed in several episodes, to which she finally made a peace offering for Solomon's arrival to try to repair some of the hurt she caused not only to Robyn but the rest of the family.

I don't think Kody's COVID rules are to blame here. Christine already had one foot out of the door and is using the rules as one of many excuses for why Kody and Robyn are the bad guys and she did no wrong. She has been telling the rest of the family for years that she was leaving Kody. Would you sleep with someone who was threatening to leave you behind your back? Would you sleep with someone who treats another member of the family poorly? He never said in the conversation they are referring to that he was no longer attracted to her (at least on camera...) but stated "we'll see" or something to that effect when Christine asked if he was going to be spending more time in her room after he put the bedroom door up for her.

Kody isn't a saint himself - the way he talked about not being attracted to Christine years ago while she was eating nachos was really foul. But I don't think Christine is as innocent as she is attempting to portray herself now. I never thought I would be a Kody and Robyn apologist - especially towards the beginning of the show but here I am. And this is super petty, but I really detest when she talks really quiet and breathy. I'm not sure if she believes things sound more profound when speaking like that, but it is irritating. Similar to Robyn and her "just sittin' there" statements.

This is probably in poor taste to say, but maybe Christine should look into joining the Davis family from Seeking Sister Wives. They're ALL about intimacy in that family. To an uncomfortable degree. And they're looking for another wife.

:confused: Confused about that whole issue with putting the kids to bed back in Utah. They were living communally then and isn't that what the other sister wives were for?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter