Sister Wives

I honestly don't think they have. I think she just settled into accepting how things are.
That’s very sad. I feel like women in plural marriages must have low self-esteem. In the beginning, it seems like this family was doing fine for a long time with the first three wives. Adding Robyn and doing a reality TV show is what started their troubles. And I would imagine that over time as you progress from raising children together, to the empty nest stage, it gets harder on the sister wives when their primary focus naturally shifts to their relationship with the husband.

I haven’t watched this show in years, but was glad to hear that Christine has left. I thought Meri had at one point, but obviously they worked through her issues. I don’t understand how any of them find Kody appealing as a husband. :rolleyes:
I don’t really watch the show but from the snippets I’ve seen - I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again - he’s an absolute JACKA$$

Kody's version of a plural marriage is quite different from most people's version since he is in a monogamous marriage with Robyn and only at best co-parenting with the other 3 women. He is not in a marriage with them and has not been for quite some time. That's been very obvious for years.

That was a lot. I hope they make the money they need from this season because this will likely be the end of it.

It's hard watching. Kody is quite an expert at making everything someone eles's fault. Quite the master manipulator.

I hope at some point she lets him have it over his treatment of Ysabel when she had the surgery. I'm not generally a fan of a parent moving away with children after they split. And I wasn't a fan of Christine's constant harping about wanting to move the entire family back to Utah. But after everything we've seen, I'm happy for her.

Kody's fixation on Christine finding another man was something. I don't want you. But more importantly, I don't want you to have anyone else. That's really messed up.

The opening scene with Robyn seemed staged to me. The way she was sitting on the couch, just waiting to be spoken to and that he hadn't told her Christine had moved his stuff to the garage "weeks ago". I find it hard to believe that hadn't been discussed prior.

Kody keep changing targets with his responses. Everything Christine said, he brought up something else, usually about him. That's not the way to bridge a gap with someone you genuinely care about or want to successfully co-parent with.

A question: everyone keeps bringing up Covid. When was this taped? Were they still in the isolation phase of the pandemic? Kody made it sound like it was recent and her response was reactionary to a temporary situation.

Kody yelling "the sacrifices I made to love you" is scary.
And his response nonchalantly that it could end if she promised not to take Truly out of Utah but she could bring her boyfriend or husband to join her. Who said she had a boyfriend? That man has other fish to fry I guess (to put it politely).

I don't think we really know when this was taped. I'm thinking Christine announced she was leaving late last fall. The time delay on all of this has been frustrating. But Kody has been over the top with his Covid rules all along (IMHO). I think he's used it as a means to further assert his dominance over the wives. And to justify him spending nearly all of his time with Robyn.

And his response nonchalantly that it could end if she promised not to take Truly out of Utah but she could bring her boyfriend or husband to join her. Who said she had a boyfriend? That man has other fish to fry I guess (to put it politely).

I haven't watched the episode yet and I'm not sure I will, but WOW!

A question: everyone keeps bringing up Covid. When was this taped? Were they still in the isolation phase of the pandemic? Kody made it sound like it was recent and her response was reactionary to a temporary situation.

well, they publicly announced the split in november of 2021 (but she had sold her flaggstaff home the month prior and was rumored to already be living in utah). since we saw christmas 2020 get together cancelled last season i'm guessing this was all filmed in 2021. i know part of this season has mykelti and tony's :scared: baby's birth and that was back in april 2021 so the footage is dated.

well, they publicly announced the split in november of 2021 (but she had sold her flaggstaff home the month prior and was rumored to already be living in utah). since we saw christmas 2020 get together cancelled last season i'm guessing this was all filmed in 2021. i know part of this season has mykelti and tony's :scared: baby's birth and that was back in april 2021 so the footage is dated.
And likely at a time that vaccinations were available, so they would have had tools available allowing them to relax his very strict Covid rules.

I haven’t watched this show in years, but was glad to hear that Christine has left. I thought Meri had at one point, but obviously they worked through her issues. I don’t understand how any of them find Kody appealing as a husband. :rolleyes:
I hear you but I do think that in the early episodes it seemed like he was trying more with each of the wives. You saw more relationships between him and all the wives than we have seen since they moved out of Las Vegas. That may not have been the ideal place to live but the situation was better for all of the marriages (besides Mary). I think over time he just became enamored by Robin and her deference to him when all the other wives pushed back at him. He then just gravitated to Robin more since she does whatever he says. Just my 2 cents... 🤷‍♀️

I hear you but I do think that in the early episodes it seemed like he was trying more with each of the wives. You saw more relationships between him and all the wives than we have seen since they moved out of Las Vegas. That may not have been the ideal place to live but the situation was better for all of the marriages (besides Mary). I think over time he just became enamored by Robin and her deference to him when all the other wives pushed back at him. He then just gravitated to Robin more since she does whatever he says. Just my 2 cents... 🤷‍♀️

I haven't watched the show regularly in years but I remember being really fascinated in the first season with how the family all seemed to really enjoy each other and worked well together.

Everything seemed to change after he married Robyn but I'm not sure if that's accurate or not. Did things really start to fall apart after Robyn joined the family or did it just draw attention to the cracks that were already there? I don't know.

In the beginning it seemed like it was really about a largely happy, cohesive family, that made their unusual family work for them. And after the first season it slowly degraded into houses, many business models, weddings, and dysfunctional relationships.

I want to go back to the one big house where Christine sends her kids to Meri to pull the loose teeth (I would totally do that. I don't do teeth.) and hollering at people for using the last of the flour in the communal pantry.

That was interesting. I don't really care about the houses they live in.

I remember in the very first episode Kody was quoted as saying in their faith if you're good with one wife you get another one and if you're good with two then you get a third. Hopefully they think he's good with four. News flash bud! You aren't.

I haven't watched the show regularly in years but I remember being really fascinated in the first season with how the family all seemed to really enjoy each other and worked well together.

Everything seemed to change after he married Robyn but I'm not sure if that's accurate or not. Did things really start to fall apart after Robyn joined the family or did it just draw attention to the cracks that were already there? I don't know.

In the beginning it seemed like it was really about a largely happy, cohesive family, that made their unusual family work for them. And after the first season it slowly degraded into houses, many business models, weddings, and dysfunctional relationships.

I want to go back to the one big house where Christine sends her kids to Meri to pull the loose teeth (I would totally do that. I don't do teeth.) and hollering at people for using the last of the flour in the communal pantry.

I remember in the very first episode Kody was quoted as saying in their faith if you're good with one wife you get another one and if you're good with two then you get a third. Hopefully they think he's good with four. News flash bud! You aren't.
Yeah, I agree with you. Things seemed very different that first season. And then it was quickly that they moved to Las Vegas. So who knows if it was Robin, the move or all of it combined. But it is clear that over the seasons (years) he becomes more and more grumpy to the other wives. Who knows the exact reason...

I have read this so many times. The thing is Robyn joined the end of Season one. We saw little of the family up to her arrival.

Yeah, I agree with you. Things seemed very different that first season. And then it was quickly that they moved to Las Vegas. So who knows if it was Robin, the move or all of it combined. But it is clear that over the seasons (years) he becomes more and more grumpy to the other wives. Who knows the exact reason...

Manopause?

I completely agree, I don't think he ever loved any of them.

As an outsider looking in / my opinion, he married the 1st three because that is what he was supposed to do. Gather wives, have children, populate the earth and gain accolades in heaven. "Love" was never a factor for Cody. The marriages were tasks to be completed.

Now his needs are fulfilled with Robin, she is giving him young children, and he is done with the other three but does not want to give them up as part of his family.

It is a hard show to watch.
I think their finances are all tied together somehow and separating will create some financial problems. They never talk about that, but in this first season opener Kodi mentioned being fearful of Christine hooking up or marrying someone who will try and "rip him off". So there must be something to it.

Watched tonight’s episode and as usual Kody takes no responsibility for anything! He claims to now be “over” polygamy and multiple wives. Says he looks at the family as an obstacle to his goals, big time BS! He now says he never told Christine no to intimacy…wow!! He says he didn’t want her to leave, but of course never told her that. Claims he has been treated badly by all for years and that doesn’t bother him, he just doesn’t like the way the wives treat each other…really, when all you want is everyone to be loyal & obedient to you. I predict he will only want to be with Robyn going forward. Meri and Janelle will be on their own and he won’t think twice about leaving them!
I do think Christine has made things difficult over the years as well. She's always been jealous and very needy. IMO she should have been prepared to be in a poly relationship and she was never satisfied with it. I also think it was hard for her to hear that Kodi was not attracted to her when they were first married. I understand how that would make her feel very insecure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter