Sister Wives

Watched tonight’s episode and as usual Kody takes no responsibility for anything! He claims to now be “over” polygamy and multiple wives. Says he looks at the family as an obstacle to his goals, big time BS! He now says he never told Christine no to intimacy…wow!! He says he didn’t want her to leave, but of course never told her that. Claims he has been treated badly by all for years and that doesn’t bother him, he just doesn’t like the way the wives treat each other…really, when all you want is everyone to be loyal & obedient to you. I predict he will only want to be with Robyn going forward. Meri and Janelle will be on their own and he won’t think twice about leaving them!

Well that was interesting, but disappointing. I really wanted to hear discussion of the nanny or Kody not being at Ysabel's surgery. I suppose the surgery issue might have rightly been left alone because it involved one of the kids.

I chuckled at the editing of Robyn saying they haven't tried to fix things, followed up by Janelle commenting on how they had been working on things for 10 years. But I have no doubt she's only hearing Kody's side of things.

Robyn says she wants a close relationship with the Sister Wives, but her kids were forgetting their siblings' names. That just does not compute.

I'm dying at Kody saying he doesn't hold grudges. Remember the comment about him yelling Meri was "leaving his a**" in the catfishing incident? No Kody, you sound completely over that. No grudges.

I couldn't get over Kody saying he probably should have validated Christine's concerns all along. No Kody, you have to do more than validate them. You have to DO something with that information. You need to make changes.

Kody saying the family had become an obstacle to his own goals was next level. Yes Kody, that's what happens when you have 18 kids. All those darn kids and wives actually NEED things from you and might get in the way of your hobbies. Like adding more wives and kids.

Kody's comment about how the kids like living there was interesting. Did he even ASK any of the kids other than Robyn's? Has he even SEEN the other kids to ask them? I'm sure he's talking about Robyn's kids. I still suspect she and her kids were the reason they moved there, so yeah, I hope they like living there.

Ultimately it all comes down to this. It appears that in Kody's world, as long as he has one functioning marriage, everyone else should just accept their lot and he doesn't see why they wouldn't be happy. He really seems to expect them to be happy going out to pasture and tending to his kids. That seems to be Kody's vision of plural marriage. I don't blame Christine one bit for not accepting that the way Meri has.

Kody saying the family had become an obstacle to his own goals was next level.Yes Kody, that's what happens when you have 18 kids. All those darn kids and wives actually NEED things from you and might get in the way of your hobbies. Like adding more wives and kids.

Wow. Who would ever say something like that, and say it on TV? That’s a super hurtful thing to say.

Christine is getting a cooking show on TLC called Just Christine. I just watched a promo on TLC’s Instagram page

'sister wives' has already been filming for yet another season they anticipate will start sometime this year.

i gotta say, i've always felt sorry for kids on these reality shows b/c of what they must go through at school and on social media but i feel a WHOLE LOT of awful for christine's younger ones if the main show continues on with the bash fest that will continue towards her and the continued public disintegration of the family(s). they put themselves up as the positive poster family for polygamy, said it was misunderstood, spoke horrifically about the state of utah, how it was a place one had to escape from...now she's gone back to utah and i have to imagine there's no big welcome from the anti polygamy camp ('we told you so, you proved us right, he neglected you/your children...') or the pro ('you put us under a microscope, put us in a bad light, you are an embarrassment and shameful to the faith and practice...'). what a horrific situation for kids/young adults to be in.

I finally figured out who Kody reminds me of during last night's episode. THE GEICO CAVEMAN!
I mean, the furrowed brow, the hair, it's spot on! :rotfl2:
At least how he's looked this whole past season with the permanent scowl....

Cody is so full of it. Why do any of them want him??

I think you could probably write a whole dissertation on this question. LOL. There has to be significant psychological impact of living like this. And not just for the wives but the children. So why would anyone willingly do it? I can kinda see if you've been raised in a cult like environment and that's all you know, but some of these women don't come from this background.

I still find it so disturbing that he insists that once his children turn 18, that’s it and now he should come before the children. WHAT?!!? How can he TRULY expect those mothers to do that?! It’s insane to me. Just because you ACT like a baby, doesn’t mean you actually ARE one, Kody! 😒

It seems like such a painful life. I know there are others on this thread who know a lot more than I do, but my understanding is if you have 4 or more wives, you all go to a higher tier in heaven. So that is why Robin is crying that Christine broke her plan for her life.
I guess it is easier for Robin, though, because Kody is not sleeping with any of the other wives. I guess Meri and Janelle are ok with that. It would seem like a survival mechanism to me to NOT want to be with someone who is with someone else. It would be so painful.
The more I think about it, the more I feel empathy to all involved. It just seems so hurtful.

I refer to Robin now as Fast Forward Robin as that's all I have done in these last few "tell all" episodes. Why do they even try to interview her....she just cries! :sad::sad::sad:

Ok, now that I have gotten that out of my system I will move on and happily read others' comments. :)

So. Sunday at church, the sermon was on prayer (don't worry, I'm not going there) and my pastor compared it to communication in marriage. He said "If you just communicate for 30 seconds once a week, that marriage will not work." (In subsequent services he changed it to 1 minute once a day) and well... I kind of chuckled in my had, as my mind instantly went to Kody, particularly with Mari. You're spot on, pastor. Spot on!

I still find it so disturbing that he insists that once his children turn 18, that’s it and now he should come before the children. WHAT?!!? How can he TRULY expect those mothers to do that?! It’s insane to me. Just because you ACT like a baby, doesn’t mean you actually ARE one, Kody! 😒

Absolutely, and all while Robyn’s young adults live with them and apparently do not work at all. Just another irony.

My other point, he expects this from women that he has given very little to for many years. Yes, Robyn “follows his rules” but it appears that he sees her daily and sleeps with her most nights. For the other wives, a mandate from Kody would be akin to an old boyfriend making rules.

Absolutely, and all while Robyn’s young adults live with them and apparently do not work at all. Just another irony.

My other point, he expects this from women that he has given very little to for many years. Yes, Robyn “follows his rules” but it appears that he sees her daily and sleeps with her most nights. For the other wives, a mandate from Kody would be akin to an old boyfriend making rules.
LOL! That's awesome because it's so true!

could be interesting to see how christine's departure impact kody & robyn's finances. christine has been bringing income to the family for the past several years via her business ventures which will now be gone. add in her right to pursue child support for truely (she's 11 so there's at minimum 7 years of potential financial obligations for kody). i'm guessing she would also be looking to sell off her share of the coyote pass property so that would be another chunk of change kody would be looking for if he wants to retain full ownership/control of all the lots.

could be interesting to see how christine's departure impact kody & robyn's finances. christine has been bringing income to the family for the past several years via her business ventures which will now be gone. add in her right to pursue child support for truely (she's 11 so there's at minimum 7 years of potential financial obligations for kody). i'm guessing she would also be looking to sell off her share of the coyote pass property so that would be another chunk of change kody would be looking for if he wants to retain full ownership/control of all the lots.
I'd be shocked if she hadn't already sold her share of CP back to the clan. Robyn and Kody are said to have been refinancing their home this summer and there was speculation there was restructuring debt related to CP.

I've never quite been clear on how they handle finances. Does each wife have control of her own money, but contribute some to family endeavors? For example, I recall that Meri had to get buy-in from Kody and the other wives to buy her Bed & Breakfast in Utah. She couldn't purchase it on her own and needed money from the family. So does Meri own it herself, or are there five names on the deed? Or does the family have a trust that owns the properties with each person being an equal trustee?

I'm wondering how easily Christine can get her portion of the Coyote Pass property. Also, does she get all the proceeds from her house in Flagstaff? I would assume it's in her name since she and Kody aren't legally married. Did she purchase it with her own money, or did the family provide some of the funds?

I've never quite been clear on how they handle finances. Does each wife have control of her own money, but contribute some to family endeavors? For example, I recall that Meri had to get buy-in from Kody and the other wives to buy her Bed & Breakfast in Utah. She couldn't purchase it on her own and needed money from the family. So does Meri own it herself, or are there five names on the deed? Or does the family have a trust that owns the properties with each person being an equal trustee?

I'm wondering how easily Christine can get her portion of the Coyote Pass property. Also, does she get all the proceeds from her house in Flagstaff? I would assume it's in her name since she and Kody aren't legally married. Did she purchase it with her own money, or did the family provide some of the funds?
I seem to recall them taking his name off that house in Flagstaff sometime in the last year. Maybe it was connected with them refinancing Robyn's house? I'm not sure.

According to the Flaggstaff Tax Assessor Christine, Cody and Sobbin Robyn are all current owners of a parcel on Coyote Pass. I'm actually surprised that the Brown's use the actual street name of the property on the show. I assumed Coyote Pass was their nickname for hte property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter