Sister Wives

Paedon Brown posted the best thing ever this week. Someone gifted him a t-shirt..... What.Does.The.Nanny.Do?
If they don’t ask Kody that question in the last episode I’m going to be very disappointed.
:laughing:That is hilarious but in fairness, the context was a little different than most are probably imagining. Christine said it in relation to "what special measures is the Nanny taking to make Kody so confident in her Covid-safety?". She and the other wives were upset an outsider was able to be in their homes but other family members could not.

I think it's kind of morphed into assuming it was snark about whether or not Robyn needs a Nanny in the first place. FWIW, I personally would wonder about that myself. :rolleyes1

:laughing:That is hilarious but in fairness, the context was a little different than most are probably imagining. Christine said it in relation to "what special measures is the Nanny taking to make Kody so confident in her Covid-safety?". She and the other wives were upset an outsider was able to be in their homes but other family members could not.

I think it's kind of morphed into assuming it was snark about whether or not Robyn needs a Nanny in the first place. FWIW, I personally would wonder about that myself. :rolleyes1
I'd have to go back and watch again, but I'm not as convinced it isn't about a general "what does she do?". I could totally see Christine being incensed about her even having a nanny because she single handedly raised, what.... a dozen kids? With no nanny in site.

Have been watching since the beginning and I'm actually shocked at how many are completely team Christine. She used to be one of my favorites but has turned pretty childish in recent years. I thought most would think the same.

It's ridiculous how everyone is running with "What. does. the. nanny. do?". Why is it any of Christine's business what another wife chooses to do with her kids. It's a double-standard, she didn't want other wives seeing/getting into her business but she feels okay commenting on others. I'm no Robyn fan, but it was a common thing to have a school tutor/teacher ("nanny") come in while the pandemic was happening so the kids could stay caught up and not fall behind. Robyn may not have been able to teach the kids effectively (who knows what her education was growing up) and recognized she needed extra help with the kids' learning. Should the kids fall behind because another wife will get hurt feelings? That would be irresponsible. And now Paedon creating and wearing that shirt....all I can say is it doesn't reflect well when someone poisons their kids against the other parent.

And about Christine single-handedly raising a dozen children... not really. Were the children orphaned with no biological parents around 365 days a year? She chose the stay-at-home mom life and GREATLY enjoyed it because she did not want to work outside the home. It could be turned around and Meri could say that she would have rather spent time with her daughter all day but was too busy with work trying to support not only herself and Mariah, but also Christine and her six kids that she chose to have. She is painting herself as a victim after Robyn showed up because she was no longer the younger/"prettier" wife. I don't blame her for being jealous of the change up in the family, but to say that she was a basement wife and neglected is kind of odd. If your marital relationship is dependent upon being in a better position than others, it wasn't a good relationship in the first place.

Yeah, that does make it pretty clear. Thanks for the clip! Makes me mad all over again though. She sat right there and said they weren't doing well. And his reaction was annoyance rather than concern. There is zero reason they couldn't all get together outdoors even at that point in the pandemic. Something was substantially off in that family that they weren't doing outdoor or zoom meetings for so long.

Have been watching since the beginning and I'm actually shocked at how many are completely team Christine. She used to be one of my favorites but has turned pretty childish in recent years. I thought most would think the same.

It's ridiculous how everyone is running with "What. does. the. nanny. do?". Why is it any of Christine's business what another wife chooses to do with her kids.

It's her business because they are a plural family.

It's a double-standard, she didn't want other wives seeing/getting into her business but she feels okay commenting on others. I'm no Robyn fan, but it was a common thing to have a school tutor/teacher ("nanny") come in while the pandemic was happening so the kids could stay caught up and not fall behind. Robyn may not have been able to teach the kids effectively (who knows what her education was growing up) and recognized she needed extra help with the kids' learning. Should the kids fall behind because another wife will get hurt feelings? That would be irresponsible. And now Paedon creating and wearing that shirt....all I can say is it doesn't reflect well when someone poisons their kids against the other parent.
This isn't just day to day parenting stuff. This is a situation where her own kids have not been able to see their father or siblings. I'd be just as upset that an outsider is OK to come into the house and mingle but they weren't apparently allowed any access at all.

And Paedon is 23. An adult by any definition. He has eyes and ears of his own. And this situation, especially with his sister's surgery, was so serious that I'm sure he could have drawn his own conclusions.

And about Christine single-handedly raising a dozen children... not really. Were the children orphaned with no biological parents around 365 days a year? She chose the stay-at-home mom life and GREATLY enjoyed it because she did not want to work outside the home. It could be turned around and Meri could say that she would have rather spent time with her daughter all day but was too busy with work trying to support not only herself and Mariah, but also Christine and her six kids that she chose to have. She is painting herself as a victim after Robyn showed up because she was no longer the younger/"prettier" wife. I don't blame her for being jealous of the change up in the family, but to say that she was a basement wife and neglected is kind of odd. If your marital relationship is dependent upon being in a better position than others, it wasn't a good relationship in the first place.
Yeah, I overstated that. Of course I didn't think she completely raised those kids on her own. Those other moms are pretty plugged in and definitely were 100% all in when they weren't at work. But you are understating what she did do. You almost seem to be criticizing her. She might have enjoyed it, but being the sole adult responsible for a dozen kids is very hard work. Insanely hard work. She might have "chosen" it, but SOMEONE in that family had to choose it and they're darn lucky she did.

Your comment about Christine choosing to have six kids seems to come with some sort of judgment. Do you have similar judgment for Kody choosing to have 18 kids?

Yeah, that does make it pretty clear. Thanks for the clip! Makes me mad all over again though. She sat right there and said they weren't doing well. And his reaction was annoyance rather than concern. There is zero reason they couldn't all get together outdoors even at that point in the pandemic. Something was substantially off in that family that they weren't doing outdoor or zoom meetings for so long.
::yes:: Right!?! That’s the craziest part. They must have been the only family in North America that couldn’t figure something out. We lived under some of the strictest lock-down mandates on earth and yet from the very beginning everybody did outdoor meet-ups and video conferencing. And sadly, it can’t be all pinned on Kody because none of the other wives seem to have initiated reasonable options either.

My kids went back and forth between 2 households. My ex-husband and my stepson came over regularly. The kids in the other house went between two households and their dad is a nurse. There's no reason that family couldn't have gotten together, outside at the very least, they just didn't want to. (and by they, I obviously mean Kody and Robyn)

::yes:: Right!?! That’s the craziest part. They must have been the only family in North America that couldn’t figure something out. We lived under some of the strictest lock-down mandates on earth and yet from the very beginning everybody did outdoor meet-ups and video conferencing. And sadly, it can’t be all pinned on Kody because none of the other wives seem to have initiated reasonable options either.

Totally agree!!!!! And the way you put it made me LOL. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter