Sister Wives

Again, I think you really have to understand that the country as a whole were on such extremes to Covid...yes some places might have been pretty locked down still in late summer/early fall of 2020...but MANY MANY places were open and some almost back full swing except with masks. It really just depended on where you were, the culture around you and your personal risk assessment and priorities. Was Flagstaff a closed up place at that point? I really have no idea, but I can tell you there were tons of places that were not. We're military and move often and have lots of friends and family throughout the country. The only ppl. we knew who were really still strongly limiting/alternatinh their lives were those in the NE. Family in CO were open, although not has much as we were in TN/KY (we were full time in person school, where they were part time) at the time and our friends/family in pretty much all of the south were basically fully open.

I don't recall Flagstaff being a hot place, though I admit I don't know anyone really well in Flagstaff, but if they weren't as a community locked down, then I think it's pretty understandable that some of the family wouldn't feel ot was an issue to travel or go about their lives.

I think this is something hard to understand when you live so differently...I know for my family it was...at times it was like we were living in different worlds with some locations still only mainly going outfor groceries and others in school, playing sports, going out etc.

The large nature of their family creates lots of different opinions/priorities etc. and depending on where they lived and the norms of their area at that time; either side could have been looked at as being "ridiculous" either by not hunkering down and staying closed off or by not going about their lives. Where I was it was the latter that for the most part was looked at as being extreme, but I know in PA where my dad lives or here in NY where I am now; it was the other way around. I think it's really hard to judge who was right/wrong as far as the Brown's approach to Covid. Too many ppl. with different opinions, thoughts, and priorities.

Flagstaff borders the Navajo Nation which was hit extremely hard and had very strict lock down curfews. So Flagstaff did stay in quarantine much longer than other areas, as in the stores had a one person per family limit in, limits on the amount of people that could be in the store at a time, masks, distancing, etc even into the summer many businesses had shorter hours and still strict protocols.

Oh man, did I hear it clearly? Did Christine say directly to Meri I don't want property close to you.

Was she for real? Did I miss some humour? I must have missed something.
Never been a Meri fan but if it was just a straightforward comment that was nasty.

And in other crazy shocking news - I was frustrated for Kody in this episode (not Covid based).

Last edited:
What's wrong with Solomon?

I see someone has answered for you. I just kept hearing that the virus is a threat to his respiratory condition. I know nothing about it all. But there were most definitely better decisions to be made around it all. So everyone could exhale somewhat.

Last edited:

Oh! And Christine went over the pronouns for me. :rotfl:;)

My child, our children.....OUR grandchildren.

She reaps everything she gave to all those children over the years, that part is always lovely to see.

Oh man, did I hear it clearly? Did Christine say directly to Meri I don't want property close to you.

Was she for real? Did I miss some humour? I must have missed something.
Never been a Meri fan but if it was just a straightforward comment that was nasty.

And in other crazy shocking news - I was frustrated for Kody in this episode.
I was too. I know he’s seen as the bad guy all of the time but it takes two (5?) to tango. Christine came off as absolutely self centered and selfish in this episode. I knew it had been discussed about her traveling for things other than the surgery. He was trying so hard to understand the whole Utah thing and she declares him “not safe” and just walks away. How is he supposed to get where she’s coming from if she won’t tell him? I’m sure there are other things going on but we know from Christine’s track record that she’s very jealous and insecure. She even admits wanting to move to Utah because she thinks it will fix their marriage. We can blame Kody all we want but she definitely has a hand in the marriage spiral.

That said, there is NO way I’d let my kid go off for a surgery where she’ll be in the ICU and not hug her at least. (Well, there’s no way I wouldn’t be there but you know.)

I was too. I know he’s seen as the bad guy all of the time but it takes two (5?) to tango. Christine came off as absolutely self centered and selfish in this episode. I knew it had been discussed about her traveling for things other than the surgery. He was trying so hard to understand the whole Utah thing and she declares him “not safe” and just walks away. How is he supposed to get where she’s coming from if she won’t tell him? I’m sure there are other things going on but we know from Christine’s track record that she’s very jealous and insecure. She even admits wanting to move to Utah because she thinks it will fix their marriage. We can blame Kody all we want but she definitely has a hand in the marriage spiral.

That said, there is NO way I’d let my kid go off for a surgery where she’ll be in the ICU and not hug her at least. (Well, there’s no way I wouldn’t be there but you know.)

Yes both thoughts. I thought Kody come on, just hug your daughter.

Guess it’s easy to stay home if you have a tv show paying to film you in your house. In the real world, like with my family who are healthcare workers, most people had no choice but to go to work. And I guess Kody doesn’t think of the grocery workers packing or delivering his groceries or even the crew and producing the show. But I totally lost all respect for a man who wouldn’t hug his daughter before her surgery when he wasn’t even going to be there for the operation.

He was trying so hard to understand the whole Utah thing and she declares him “not safe” and just walks away.

So incredibly frustrating. I would bet she has something in her past, she has such a reactive mind.

I totally understood Kody when he said, I thought that was the beginning of the conversation, and it is unsafe and she is finished.

And you know if his relationship/choices with Robyn is a problem, and I see how it is, then tell him directly.

I mean Meri was in her position once upon a time too, when Christine and Kody were more of the couple who got along and were close.

So incredibly frustrating. I would bet she has something in her past, she has such a reactive mind.

I totally understood Kody when he said, I thought that was the beginning of the conversation, and it is unsafe and she is finished.

And you know if his relationship/choices with Robyn is a problem, and I see how it is, then tell him directly.

I mean Meri was in her position once upon a time too, when Christine and Kody were more of the couple who got along and were close.
Well she knows he was grossed out by her on their first date and didn’t particularly care for her. I mean, how do you forget your husband said something like that? But. I think she felt secure as “third wife” because Janelle was the BFF and Meri couldn’t pop out babies like she could. She had “value.” Then along comes Robyn, younger, can give him more kids and “keeps sweet.” Suddenly Christine’s value goes down. They move to Vegas and it goes down further because her place as stay at home mom and teacher of ALL the kids is no longer needed. Meri and Janelle’s kids are grown/nearly grown and Robyn is not a team player when it comes to “our” kids, they’ve always been HER kids. Like Meri she suddenly has no place in the whole equation. A good part of that she did to herself though. She wants what she wants but she won’t tell him exactly what it is she wants.

Well she knows he was grossed out by her on their first date and didn’t particularly care for her. I mean, how do you forget your husband said something like that?

Oh you don't.

In a book, for everyone to see. So gross of him to not keep it inside himself.

I found out about it on this thread and *I* thought I was going to throw up. I can not imagine.

----------

(With her extremely reactive mind, I meant possible abuse in her past)

Robyn is not a team player when it comes to “our” kids, they’ve always been HER kids.

And there it is. Sigh.

(An aside, but Meri does not seem to be super close to the older bunch. It is like she likes their personalities when they're little (watching her with this second bunch). She didn't even react much to Mykelti.
Anyway I have always found her lack of warmth? Closeness? to the first children bizarre.)

She wants what she wants but she won’t tell him exactly what it is she wants.

Yep.

I took the "unsafe" comment from Christine to be more of she was going to say something that she regretted or maybe the stuff she wanted to say was something that she did not want the camera's on for and so she ended it.

Oh! And Christine went over the pronouns for me. :rotfl:;)

My child, our children.....OUR grandchildren.

She reaps everything she gave to all those children over the years, that part is always lovely to see.
I thought the part about them each feeling closer to their own kids but shared levels of love for all the grandkids was an interesting nugget.

Ultimately like in many relationships, I'm sure there's lots of blame to go around.

But I will NEVER be team Kody after 1) the comment about Christine from the first date and 2) him not going along for Ysabel's surgery (or hugging her as she left, or even SUPPORTING it at the start.)

I sort of suspect Christine never got over those statements either.

I took the "unsafe" comment from Christine to be more of she was going to say something that she regretted or maybe the stuff she wanted to say was something that she did not want the camera's on for and so she ended it.
She said *he* wasn’t safe both to him and the couch interview.

Ultimately like in many relationships, I'm sure there's lots of blame to go around.

But I will NEVER be team Kody after 1) the comment about Christine from the first date and 2) him not going along for Ysabel's surgery (or hugging her as she left, or even SUPPORTING it at the start.)

I sort of suspect Christine never got over those statements either.

There’s some talk on social media that “fully functioning marriage” is code for a marriage with sexual intimacy. So when Christine had her breakdown at the property and asked why she would stay when she didn’t have a fully functioning marriage but Kody had one with another wife (I can’t remember the exact phrase), it meant she was in a non intimate marriage. Kody has talked about Meri and referenced their lack of being in fully functioning marriage and it was specific to sexual intimacy.

All that to say, if I was Christine, I can totally see why she would be more emotional and reactive to the situation if that’s the case.

There’s some talk on social media that “fully functioning marriage” is code for a marriage with sexual intimacy. So when Christine had her breakdown at the property and asked why she would stay when she didn’t have a fully functioning marriage but Kody had one with another wife (I can’t remember the exact phrase), it meant she was in a non intimate marriage. Kody has talked about Meri and referenced their lack of being in fully functioning marriage and it was specific to sexual intimacy.

All that to say, if I was Christine, I can totally see why she would be more emotional and reactive to the situation if that’s the case.

Pretty sure there is no intimacy between Cody and Christine when he wouldn’t let her within 6 feet of him when he was signing the surgery documents. He yelled that she wasn’t properly social distancing. And him not hugging his daughter was heart wrenching. That poor girl - about to have a huge surgery and her dad won’t even hug her so that he can go home to Robyn and her kids and not social distance.

Pretty sure there is no intimacy between Cody and Christine when he wouldn’t let her within 6 feet of him when he was signing the surgery documents. He yelled that she wasn’t properly social distancing. And him not hugging his daughter was heart wrenching. That poor girl - about to have a huge surgery and her dad won’t even hug her so that he can go home to Robyn and her kids and not social distance.
I only watched a small amount of the last episode, but I could clearly see and hear the disappointment and sadness in Ysabel's voice when discussing the fact her dad wasn't going to be there for her. She could clearly see his excuse as being just that. That poor girl

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter