Sister Wives

Wow, I used to watch this show, took a break then in the last four months got caught up. I used to think of Kody as a buffoon. After the episode I'm currently watching I think he is truly the most self centered, morally defunct piece of crap.

I have scoliosis that has gotten really bad. I'm 56 and never had an issue until about five years ago. I have a 42% curvature on a body that is o longer growing like poor Ysabel with her 50%+ curvature. I am in excruciating pain much of the time. I took an early retirement and can plan my life around my issues. A teenage girl with school, friends and a lifetime ahead cannot do that. I was seriously screaming at my TV. The look on that girl's face listening to her dad was heartbreaking.

I will say the show feels more real than it used to.

It's so obvious to see that he only cares about Robyn. He uses Janelle because she earns money. Meri and Christine are of no use to him.

Yeah his experiment is a failure because he's a failure.
Amen to all of the above. I'm in my 50s, with terrible scoliosis (braced as a teen), and what she is going to go through is MAJOR surgery! Heck, I had emergency ortho surgery on my ankle a few years back and both my parents, my brother, my husband, and my son were there, and didn't leave for a few weeks. That's called LOVE Cody you dumb cluck.

What's saddest, to me, is that his daughters are going to view their mothers' submission to him as how a wife should give in to her husband. The boys seem to be disgusted by him, and want to be different, but I'm afraid for some of those daughters.....

Terri

He literally said at the beginning that the family was an OBSTACLE TO HIS GOALS!!
DH watched it with me and we just couldn't believe the stuff coming out of his mouth even after watching all these years and knowing Kody is a jerk. We were SHOCKED when he suggested Ysabel go to NY ALONE to have major surgery! OMG!!!
All he cares about is himself and he proved it over and over on this episode. The girl is in pain and I just can't even imagine how she felt hearing him talk in that moment. So sad. We were yelling at the screen as well!
Then throws Christine under the bus and acts like a mean girl sitting back and enjoying it. I don't blame her. The only reason for her to stay would be because of their religion. There is no love with him and he does not act like a husband. I get that she wants to be around her kids that love her.
That was the season finale? Well, they accomplished quite the cliffhanger....

Wow, I used to watch this show, took a break then in the last four months got caught up. I used to think of Kody as a buffoon. After the episode I'm currently watching I think he is truly the most self centered, morally defunct piece of crap.

I have scoliosis that has gotten really bad. I'm 56 and never had an issue until about five years ago. I have a 42% curvature on a body that is o longer growing like poor Ysabel with her 50%+ curvature. I am in excruciating pain much of the time. I took an early retirement and can plan my life around my issues. A teenage girl with school, friends and a lifetime ahead cannot do that. I was seriously screaming at my TV. The look on that girl's face listening to her dad was heartbreaking.

I will say the show feels more real than it used to.

It's so obvious to see that he only cares about Robyn. He uses Janelle because she earns money. Meri and Christine are of no use to him.

Yeah his experiment is a failure because he's a failure.
Totally agree on all counts!

I'm in my 50s, with terrible scoliosis (braced as a teen)

by any chance was it the full blown 'milwaukee brace'? i have scoliosis and wore one of those beasts for all of high school. it sickened me when he talked of her delaying surgery, let alone going it alone. the kid was told years ago she needed it but they insisted on that 'magic' exercise treatment program b/c they didn't believe the doctors and the xrays that showed it worsening checkup by checkup. they've delayed the inevitable and the poor kid is paying the price for it.

after last night's episode i'm just left thinking that kody has likely-

alienated christine to the breaking point by throwing her under the bus,

alienated his daughter by the whole surgery debacle (she will NEVER forget his treatment of her),

sent a strong message to any of his older children that he places his personal wants and needs above any decent treatment of their mothers, any of they/their children's (his grandchildren) needs, everything. he's also demonstrated through his words and deeds that all the lip service he has given/all the 'you need to suffer and sacrifice for' their faith driven familial structure means nothing to him. all the moves, all the upheavals, all the 'we are united as one' is only if the one is kody.

i will not be surprised to hear down the line that a number of his children become estranged from him (as well as all of his friends that belong to and work hard to maintain their chosen paths as polygamists-he's done a big slap in the face to them in this recent season but in particular-in this last episode).

Basically Kody needs everyone to hunker down and keep the risk level at 0 so he can keep sleeping with the 3 of his 4 wives he wants to keep sleeping with.

Although at this point, maybe he's down to just 1, so he needs to suck it up and just stay with Robyn for the rest of the pandemic.

Basically Kody needs everyone to hunker down and keep the risk level at 0 so he can keep sleeping with the 3 of his 4 wives he wants to keep sleeping with.

Although at this point, maybe he's down to just 1, so he needs to suck it up and just stay with Robyn for the rest of the pandemic.
I really think he’s only sleeping with Sobbyn. I think he enjoys Janelle’s company, but it’s not a big passionate thing. Christine and Meri are annoyances he has to deal with at this point.

Okay. Commenting again. I had missed the part about Ysabel, and found it on Youtube, even though the the audio and video didn't line up like... at all. Ha!

Oh. My. Gosh. Holy cow. Kody. Stop it. STOP. IT. That was horrible to watch. And then, even at the end, he acts like a wounded animal. No, that's not right. A wounded animal acts better. I mean.... I'm having trouble even finding the right words for his behavior. He acts like it was this great concession to basically "allow" her to have the surgery as soon as possible, and like "Oh, look at me. I had to give in to one of my wives again. Look how sacrificial I am!" Get over yourself, Kody. And if you wanted to go? The rest of your family would have understood. You could have gone for the surgery, at least, stayed a day, and then quarantined yourself for two weeks. Oh, wait. I see the problem. If you had done that, you'd have to sit with your own thoughts, attitudes, and feelings for two weeks, and maybe you'd realize just how horrible you're acting and you don't want to face that.

Okay. *deep breath* So sometimes I can get a bit snarky, and some times I just have to let it all out. This was one of those times.

Okay. Commenting again. I had missed the part about Ysabel, and found it on Youtube, even though the the audio and video didn't line up like... at all. Ha!

Oh. My. Gosh. Holy cow. Kody. Stop it. STOP. IT. That was horrible to watch. And then, even at the end, he acts like a wounded animal. No, that's not right. A wounded animal acts better. I mean.... I'm having trouble even finding the right words for his behavior. He acts like it was this great concession to basically "allow" her to have the surgery as soon as possible, and like "Oh, look at me. I had to give in to one of my wives again. Look how sacrificial I am!" Get over yourself, Kody. And if you wanted to go? The rest of your family would have understood. You could have gone for the surgery, at least, stayed a day, and then quarantined yourself for two weeks. Oh, wait. I see the problem. If you had done that, you'd have to sit with your own thoughts, attitudes, and feelings for two weeks, and maybe you'd realize just how horrible you're acting and you don't want to face that.

Okay. *deep breath* So sometimes I can get a bit snarky, and some times I just have to let it all out. This was one of those times.
I felt the same way watching. I can't believe he behaved like that knowing people would be watching.

I think his issue is that Robyn would never let him back into her house without a 2 week quarantine. And he doesn't want to go that long without seeing her.

I think his issue is that Robyn would never let him back into her house without a 2 week quarantine. And he doesn't want to go that long without seeing her.

That makes sense. I can't believe how horrible it was for Ysabel!

I really liked that Meri reached out to Christine. Even hugging her. That shows genuine concern, unlike a father that kept his distance from a hurting child.

Kody' selfishness is insulting to the rest of us. It's like he wants us on his side and our sympathy. Nope. Treat those you love better and maybe... just maybe... I'll listen.

Holy moly. Kody is truly a narcissist. Robyn is the golden child. Janelle is the lost child.
Meri went from being the scapegoat to the flying monkey. Christine is the newly designated scapegoat. Poor Ysabel too. Kody is a neglectful absentee father. With the adult kids not wanting to have anything to do with him speaks volumes.

Hope Christine and Meri return to Utah. Build new lives and find happiness.

Amen to all of the above. I'm in my 50s, with terrible scoliosis (braced as a teen), and what she is going to go through is MAJOR surgery! Heck, I had emergency ortho surgery on my ankle a few years back and both my parents, my brother, my husband, and my son were there, and didn't leave for a few weeks. That's called LOVE Cody you dumb cluck.

What's saddest, to me, is that his daughters are going to view their mothers' submission to him as how a wife should give in to her husband. The boys seem to be disgusted by him, and want to be different, but I'm afraid for some of those daughters.....

Terri
Do bear in mind that the mothers of those daughters are also devout adherents to the religion that proscribes all of this, not just their dad. I'd imagine it's actually the goal of all the parents to impart their values to the kids. :rolleyes1

:scratchin Given how long ago this was filmed and the fact that Arizona has basically re-opened entirely, the whole discussion is basically history. I'd be very interested to find out what they actually did over the past 10 months and how it all turned out.

:scratchin Given how long ago this was filmed and the fact that Arizona has basically re-opened entirely, the whole discussion is basically history. I'd be very interested to find out what they actually did over the past 10 months and how it all turned out.
I actually googled yesterday and didn't find anything. I'm very curious to see where this all stands right now.

I've been thinking. If that was how Kody behaved knowing full well the cameras were rolling and people were watching, then how would he behave if nobody was watching?
Especially since they were recording themselves at this time. It’s not like a camera crew was there and happened to catch a “heat of the moment” scene. They consciously recorded and submitted this footage.

Especially since they were recording themselves at this time. It’s not like a camera crew was there and happened to catch a “heat of the moment” scene. They consciously recorded and submitted this footage.
I thought the exact same thing. He had plenty of time to temper his responses but found pleasure in acting unreasonable and selfish. He thinks the world revolves around Kody. What a turn-off.

I've been thinking. If that was how Kody behaved knowing full well the cameras were rolling and people were watching, then how would he behave if nobody was watching?

Maybe he thinks we (the viewers) will agree with him. Um, no, Kody. Your behavior is outrageous. A man who loves his family does not act this way. Ever.

A finally got to watch this last episode. Wow!

Christine handled the conversation with Kody and her daughter way better than I would have. I parent from a place of doing what’s in the best interest of my children and Kody’s comments were shocking. He absolutely could go with them to the surgery and then isolate when he gets back. He was really up front about his motivation to put himself in front of his child, who is in pain. And then to suggest she go for spinal surgery on her own....wow is all I can say.

Kody calling polygamy an experiment several times was really weird. Part of me is skeptical that he is doing this for ratings and to hang onto their show because no one actually acts like this. He is such a jerk.

I like Meri a little bit more each episode. I found Christine’s emotional breakdown over moving to Utah pretty annoying. They literally just moved and she’s surprised they don’t want to pick up again and go?? Seemed over the top to me. And finally, Janelle and I could be friends in real life, I think. I’m pretty direct with my communication and I appreciate that in others. It drives me crazy how these women don’t say what they really think. Maybe I’m just used to collaborating due to my job environment and I can’t imagine how these guys get anything decided. It really isn’t that hard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter