Sister Wives

I get that. But if that's what happened, she took a real chance planning on that. Nobody ever guaranteed her that position in the family. It probably would have been more surprising for him NOT to take another wife.

kody is very much outside the norm of 'modern' polygamists to have taken a 4th wife. it is very unusual to have a 5 person plural marriage unless you are growing a family in the tradition of the big flds type.

as far as robyn goes-no, i'm not her biggest fan but i think as far as the wives go she would/will be the most upset/unsettled of the women if it was decided for her and kody to break off and be a monogamist couple. she speaks more to the faith based desire for polygamy than any of the others. she bought into the one BIG family all cohabiting in the same house. while i think they are misguided in their belief that it's totally fine for kody to go from house to house as a covid protection measure i totally understand her concern with soloman's history with rsv (my son was hospitalized with it as a child and it's had a lasting impact on his lungs). i believe christine's great desire on moving back to utah deals with the status it affords her-she was raised in a very wealthy family who were/are considered 'polygamous royalty' within the culture. she's got 2 of her married daughters already living there so if she can get back she's got all her minor kids, 2 of 3 of her adult kids and all her extended (sibs...) in the same state.

With all this Sobyn Robyn stuff, I haven't been able to get this song out of my mind:

OMG! Me too! I saw that show 6 times when my son did it in high school. He played Adam so he got to sing that song. It's been going through my head ever since I read about Sobbyn Robyn!!!

kody is very much outside the norm of 'modern' polygamists to have taken a 4th wife. it is very unusual to have a 5 person plural marriage unless you are growing a family in the tradition of the big flds type.

as far as robyn goes-no, i'm not her biggest fan but i think as far as the wives go she would/will be the most upset/unsettled of the women if it was decided for her and kody to break off and be a monogamist couple. she speaks more to the faith based desire for polygamy than any of the others. she bought into the one BIG family all cohabiting in the same house. while i think they are misguided in their belief that it's totally fine for kody to go from house to house as a covid protection measure i totally understand her concern with soloman's history with rsv (my son was hospitalized with it as a child and it's had a lasting impact on his lungs). i believe christine's great desire on moving back to utah deals with the status it affords her-she was raised in a very wealthy family who were/are considered 'polygamous royalty' within the culture. she's got 2 of her married daughters already living there so if she can get back she's got all her minor kids, 2 of 3 of her adult kids and all her extended (sibs...) in the same state.

I so agree with all of this. While Robyn is the whiney one, she and Janelle are the only ones that seem to be committed to the faith and want to do whatever they have to do to live the lifestyle they believe in. Meri I think has that same mindset, but she's lost her foothold as senior wife and has zero say in anything anymore. She's willing to go along with anything but I totally see Kody doing the backhanded breakup here. He's not going to tell Meri to go, but he's going to be so cold to her that SHE chooses to leave. I think Janelle is my favorite because she's so level headed and the most mature. I used to love Christine, but not in this needy stage of her life. Kody just seems to be falling apart at the seems. I think he sees his wives aging and it's a turn off for him. He seems to be looking for the easy way out right now. I used to like him a lot when the show first started but now he's all about poor me. He seems to have no concern that he brought all of these women in to this and made them all mothers of a bunch of kids and now seems to want to turn them loose to be struggling single moms. Christine seems to be wanting to go back to Utah to surround herself with her family so that they can absorb her when things crumble. She's looking for that soft spot to land. I hate this version of her where she needs all of this attention and back patting all of the sudden. She used to be so cheerful. Kody has said or done something to make her feel lost because he's the worlds worst at words. He doesn't know how to nurture a relationship because it's all about what you can do for him.

This is interesting to me, is the norm 2 wives or 3? Meri, Janelle and Christine were one right after the other and then Robyn came much later. I wonder what prompted him to marry divorced Robyn with kids of her own?

This is interesting to me, is the norm 2 wives or 3? Meri, Janelle and Christine were one right after the other and then Robyn came much later. I wonder what prompted him to marry divorced Robyn with kids of her own?

If Big Love has taught me anything lol, it is that 3 is the norm. When the character tells his mom that he is possibly going to get a 4th wife she gets mad saying 3 wives are holy, while 4 is trouble, unless he is going for a harem which I think was 6 wives.

I absolutely cringed when Kody was talking about Robyn wanting another child. He was taking about how he wasn't really there with it in his head but of course he needs to be open to it because it is something Robyn really wants - a la her wanting/her needs around having another child is paramount.

All I could think about was Meri. How awful those words would be to hear.

I don't understand why Meri and Christine are always saying they're not happy with the other wives and current family existence but they want to stay in the relationship. Mary gave up a legal marriage for Robyn and her children but it doesn't seem like Kody understands how much of a sacrifice she made for him. Guess if I don't know the religion I'll never understand the relationships....

If Big Love has taught me anything lol, it is that 3 is the norm. When the character tells his mom that he is possibly going to get a 4th wife she gets mad saying 3 wives are holy, while 4 is trouble, unless he is going for a harem which I think was 6 wives.

i think back on 'big love' frequently when watching 'sister wives'. i see the same dynamic happening wherein the women, over time evolve into different people (as is normal as we age/mature/our kids age up...) than the individual sister wives who married into the family. what might have been a good fit within that family's sister wife dynamic might not anymore if one who was more subservient becomes more independent. what might have made for an appealing wife for that person filling a specific niche the husband desired may be entirely vanished. dh and i actually joke that tony on 'sister wives' fills the 'albie' role from 'big love'-the creepy, bossy in-law that you really never want to spend any extended time with :eek: .

Last edited:
So much to unravel this season -

At the minimum Kody is telling the world what he desires at this point - life with Robyn. His demeanor is completely different when he is around her. My guess is if he did just stay mainly with Robyn, he would take in someone else at some point anyway (and I see the new rumour loaded!)The man can not be settled

In his anniversary speech to Meri, he wasn't just talking about Meri. It seemed to me like he was dissing Christine as well. He is tired of his wives not being close, I also got the feeling someone (my guess is Christine) is privately talking/complaining about the other wives.

Yes Christine used to be a more lighthearted person. But that is when she was similar in focus to Robyn. There was a time when people saw Christine as his true primary relationship, Janelle more like a friendship, with Meri and him struggling. Christine was once the focus, although she constantly complains about not having a voice.

And I think she is beyond selfish with her comments about the one house. Not being heard? Christine is heard, they have no plans for one house because she is a firm no. Janelle was 100% for it, Robyn would do it for Kody and her devotion to the faith, and Meri was her usual I am not going to divulge a thing in an important family conversation.

The dynamic of Robyn changed everything. He is the most enamoured by her and then she became his legal wife. So double attachment.

I am not a fan of Kody, but I can understand his frustration that no one, besides Janelle, is excited about being a connected family. Well and Robyn, but I always sense something disingenuous in her.

Christine mothered all the younger children as one family. No one seems to provide that same platform for the younger children. It is sad. They all seem like separate families. Even Kody says Janelle's son, Christine's children etc. When we know who he is talking about I have never understood why he doesn't say our daughter, our son, our kids together.

What an absolute mess this has become. I never felt that in the early years.

Last edited:
Kody has said or done something to make her feel lost because he's the worlds worst at words. He doesn't know how to nurture a relationship because it's all about what you can do for him.

Since I read what Kody said about Christine in the book they wrote about their family *I* hear it again in my head every now and again. Me! I know how ridiculous that sounds, that I take it in. It was beyond gross to me, such an affront, and completely disrespectful to your spouse. I can't even imagine how Christine was impacted.
I could never have stayed in a marriage, plural or otherwise, if my husband shared such a thought for the world to read.

So I have no doubt that Mr. "I must share every thought that enters my head" has had plenty of goodies to share over the years.

And this comes from someone who agrees with Wenrob about Kody that night with Meri and about marriage/relationships - sometimes tough truthful conversations and acknowledgements need to be made and heard.

But boy that is a fine line. As some things can never be unheard.

Since I read what Kody said about Christine in the book they wrote about their family *I* hear it again in my head every now and again. Me! I know how ridiculous that sounds, that I take it in. It was beyond gross to me, such an affront, and completely disrespectful to your spouse. I can't even imagine how Christine was impacted.
I could never have stayed in a marriage, plural or otherwise, if my husband shared such a thought for the world to read.

So I have no doubt that Mr. "I must share every thought that enters my head" has had plenty of goodies to share over the years.

And this comes from someone who agrees with Wenrob about Kody that night with Meri and about marriage/relationships - sometimes tough truthful conversations and acknowledgements need to be made and heard.

But boy that is a fine line. As some things can never be unheard.

What did he say?

What did he say?

I will probably totally screw it up in a game of telephone, someone posted it here a couple of months back - CdnCarrie did I think.

----------

When he started to date Christine she was overweight. One night while at the drive-in??? I think with another couple, he was in the front seat and Christine was in the back.

She was eating nachos. He looked back at her and she had cheese on her face. The combination of that and her being overweight grossed him out.

He wrote that - or at least relayed that - about his wife, the mother of his children. Sigh.

I will probably totally screw it up in a game of telephone, someone posted it here a couple of months back - CdnCarrie did I think.

----------

When he started to date Christine she was overweight. One night while at the drive-in??? I think with another couple, he was in the front seat and Christine was in the back.

She was eating nachos. He looked back at her and she had cheese on her face. The combination of that and her being overweight grossed him out.

He wrote that - or at least relayed that - about his wife, the mother of his children. Sigh.

After I wrote it, it makes me wonder about Christine's weight loss in the last couple of years. I hope to God her unhappiness lately isn't about losing weight and still not getting more attention from Kody, since he is so completely fixated on Robyn.

In the promos for next week Christine mentions that a couple of hours a week with Kody is not enough. So obviously his divided time is off kilter, if that is indeed the truth.

i think back on 'big love' frequently when watching 'sister wives'. i see the same dynamic happening wherein the women, over time evolve into different people (as is normal as we age/mature/our kids age up...) than the individual sister wives who married into the family. what might have been a good fit within that family's sister wife dynamic might not anymore if one who was more subservient becomes more independent. what might have made for an appealing wife for that person filling a specific niche the husband desired may be entirely vanished. dh and i actually joke that tony on 'sister wives' fills the 'albie' role from 'big love'-the creepy, bossy in-law that you really never want to spend any extended time with :eek: .
I can't stand Tony!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter