Sipping Around the World during the Arts Festival, Food Studios or Restuarants?

LeeAnn

DIS Veteran
Going to the Arts Festival to celebrate my DD 21st birthday. Being new to drinking, we figured having a sip from each country. The menus just came out for the festival and I see there are mostly beers. I don't believe she will enjoy this.

Any suggestions to where to get a drink and which drink from each country in case the Food Studios menu is not appealing?

We drank around the world with our daughter when she was 21. We kind of all shared whatever drink we got. A few places we got our own. We were not in Epcot during a festival so all drinks were bought within the countries. Also, have your daughter look up lists for drinking around the world there are several that you can follow.

Favorites
Multi flavored Margarita Mexico
Cold brew in Norway
Grapefruit beer in Germany
limoncello shot in Italy
Kentucky lemonade in America
Sangria in Morocco
Grey goose slushie in France
Dragon berry colada at the refreshment port for Canada

The Nasty
Some nasty drink with boba balls in China
Saki shot in Japan
We had some kind of stout or lager in UK and it was very strong and filling. Definitely pick something else here.

We are from Wisconsin, so this isn't our first rodeo with alcohol. We drank from 11:00 to mid afternoon. Our daughter maybe had a buzz my husband and I not much of anything. When we were finished we walked back to the BCV. Because you are drinking so many different things I'm glad we shared. It's also very filling and we knew we would not be in Epcot all day and night to complete drinking our own drinks.

My wife and I are veteran drinkers and we usually will start mid-afternoon at the Mexican sit down meal with our favorite margarita(separate). At most there will be one additional country where we get a separate drink with the rest being split.

Any more than that and it’s just too much for us by the end of the night. And this is just the original countries. So adding in all the food booths might be a bit too much for your daughter.

Yes, it is too much. Hence, sipping... Would like to try each country? We will share. Some booth don't have anything interesting. So looking to get something at QS or lounge. Any stand out drinks? I'm not much of a drinker. Something not too strong. We will eat with the beverage and pace over selves. However, that's a lot of food and beverages.

What’s nice about the food booths, is you can get a smaller serving for around $5-6 instead of regular 12 oz . So you aren’t stuck with a big cup if you don’t like it. There are some booths w hard cider options

The Japanese booth has -
  • Masu Sake in a traditional personalized wooden cup
That would make a cool souvenir for her.
I would also stop at the pub in UK and ask the bartender for a recommendation.
The Biergarten could be fun mid World Showcase break. The Grapefruit beer in Germany is pretty light.

Why not give your daughter a dream and a goal for Turning 21 @nd celebrating around the World with her parents?
I would design a t-shirt and purchase the childrens passport sold at the International Gateway gift shop along with the Key chain gift card holder ( Sold at the register) They usually create a design for each festival .. I have a few to add to my backpack zipper .
Anyway she could treat you with the first or final drink of the night !
The passport is fun to collect greetings written in each country page in their language .
Chinese handwriting is the best . .Something basic like CHEERs to 21 in 24 for your t-shirt .
I did the passport , one year for myself and still love the memory keepsake. Youmight need to visit during the hours the childrens tables or set up with the castmember seated …hopefully not busy…
Also dream a big goal to actually visit each Country someday in a grown up way
or not so grownup …Visit every Disney Theme park around the World . Start a savings account soon! Haha
Anyway Have fun celebrating with something childish ( Epcot Passport with her 21st ) as she celebrates being all grown up with her wonderful parents.

My favorite Epcot drink is the Grand Marnier slushie in the France pavilion. This isn't a festival kiosk, it's a more permanent installation just outside Chefs de France, available year-round. Not sure how share-able it is as a slushie, but it is delicious.

Yes, it is too much. Hence, sipping... Would like to try each country? We will share. Some booth don't have anything interesting. So looking to get something at QS or lounge. Any stand out drinks? I'm not much of a drinker. Something not too strong. We will eat with the beverage and pace over selves. However, that's a lot of food and beverages.
My only two must haves when doing this are the Jalapeño Margarita in Mexico and the Mule in Morocco. I’m a beer person overall.

The slushee in France is fine, just not my jam. I would imagine this could be something she might want to try.

My favorite Epcot drink is the Grand Marnier slushie in the France pavilion. This isn't a festival kiosk, it's a more permanent installation just outside Chefs de France, available year-round. Not sure how share-able it is as a slushie, but it is delicious.
DD and make sure this is ALWAYS our first drink at Epcot- and sometimes we finish out the day with a second one!

Putting on my memory cap and thinking back to when I had first gone to WDW after turning 21: Godiva (chocolate) shot in Germany, Grey Goose or Grand Marnier slush in France, and the Welsh Dragon in the UK pavilion were (and still are!) some of my favorites. I definitely recommend those, they're very sweet and enjoyable!

Going to the Arts Festival to celebrate my DD 21st birthday. Being new to drinking, we figured having a sip from each country. The menus just came out for the festival and I see there are mostly beers. I don't believe she will enjoy this.

Any suggestions to where to get a drink and which drink from each country in case the Food Studios menu is not appealing?
Try the ice cream martini in the French pavilion …surprisingly strong. You are welcome.

I always get the Tipsy Ducks in Love from the Joy of Tea stand in China. The cast members have have a bit of a heavy hand with it, so you will need to stir it up. It’s basically iced coffee and tea, plus a generous pour of Jim Beam, plus chocolate syrup.

The Ciderboys Strawberry Cider at Block & Hans in America is so yummy.

The festival seems to have a bunch of ciders which she may enjoy since they are a lot sweeter than beer.

I would recommend the moonshine sour in America. This is the one drink we all get our own. It’s sweet but, so good. We are from Tennessee and used to drinking moonshine cocktails on the regular and we make this drink at home, that’s how good it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter