Single Rider List?

danabalana

Mouseketeer
Is there a post that lists which attractions have single rider lines? I've used search but haven't come up with anything.

Yep, just those three. EE is usually a good bet to use single rider line. TT can be a good choice. RnRC is rarely a good choice to use the single rider line. Just based on my experience.

Yep, just those three. EE is usually a good bet to use single rider line. TT can be a good choice. RnRC is rarely a good choice to use the single rider line. Just based on my experience.
I've found the same thing in my experience. In the middle of summer, you can usually get on EE within 10 minutes, but TT and RnRC both take much (much, much) longer- 30-40 minutes isn't unheard of.
Does anyone have theories why? Shouldn't EE and RnRC be similar, since both are 2 riders side-by-side?

Preshow has a lot to do with it. EE you just get in line but I've found a lot of my RnRC wait is usually waiting to get into the preshow. Once past the preshow it is usually a 5-10 minute wait.

I've found the same thing in my experience. In the middle of summer, you can usually get on EE within 10 minutes, but TT and RnRC both take much (much, much) longer- 30-40 minutes isn't unheard of.
Does anyone have theories why? Shouldn't EE and RnRC be similar, since both are 2 riders side-by-side?

I think it's the way they funnel into the Pre-Show. They are counting the sum total of everyone, then allowing only a few single riders to fill out each pre-show. Once you are past the pre-show you are effectively in the same line as everyone else. It's just less efficiently run.

I find that Test Track is usually very fast moving for single riders because of the number of seats. Essentially for every party of two, there is one single rider. For every Party of 4, there are 2 singles. They do try to fill from the main line, but they won't seat a party of 2 on two rows, or split a party of 4 as 3 and 1 (unless the party wants it that way). The math seems to work best for it (and RSR at DCA).

Just as a side note OP there is no guarantee the single rider line will be running. I have seen RnR and EE single rider line roped off before (not 100% why exactly).

Interesting that Disneyland Resort (in California) has more single rider lines than Disney World.
  • California Screamin'
  • Goofy's Sky School
  • Grizzly River Run
  • Indiana Jones Adventure
  • Matterhorn Bobsleds
  • Radiator Springs Racers
  • Soarin'
  • Splash Mountain
I'm wondering if there will be plans to build more at WDW, or perhaps they don't get as many solo visitors in Florida? A lot of the attractions I listed weren't built with a single rider queue in mind, but they are able to retrofit a system that works with the design. Might be a good idea for WDW too.

Just as a side note OP there is no guarantee the single rider line will be running. I have seen RnR and EE single rider line roped off before (not 100% why exactly).
Maybe not enough cast members? We would drop one side of my attraction when we were short-staffed.

Thank you everyone :) I was hoping there were more like DL. Oh well. I be in WDW in about 2 weeks!!!!

Well the EE single rider line is significantly shorter than the RnR and TT single rider

I do know that they do not open single rider line first thing in the morning, they will wait for the latter in the day. EE for at 25 minutes and I ask if they were going to open it they said the line was not long enough. just what I was told at the time.

I've seen EE single rider roped off after a giant tour group gets in the standby line.

Well the EE single rider line is significantly shorter than the RnR and TT single rider

Probably because it's so out-of-the-way most guests don't know it's there. The RnR and TT single rider entrances are attractively right next to the standby and FP entrances, instead of around the side as at EE.

Interesting that Disneyland Resort (in California) has more single rider lines than Disney World.
  • California Screamin'
  • Goofy's Sky School
  • Grizzly River Run
  • Matterhorn Bobsleds
  • Soarin'
  • Splash Mountain
I'm wondering if there will be plans to build more at WDW, or perhaps they don't get as many solo visitors in Florida? A lot of the attractions I listed weren't built with a single rider queue in mind, but they are able to retrofit a system that works with the design. Might be a good idea for WDW too.
Splash at DLR has a different seating configuration than at WDW (single rider vs side by side at WDW). That is why it has single rider at DLR and not at WDW.

Soarin' at WDW used to have a single rider line, but it was eliminated a few years after the attraction opened.

Splash at DLR has a different seating configuration than at WDW (single rider vs side by side at WDW). That is why it has single rider at DLR and not at WDW.

Agree. Side-by-side is much less efficient for single riders, although it is used in other side-by-side attractions like Rock n Roller Coaster (HS) and Expedition Everest (AK).

Soarin' at WDW used to have a single rider line, but it was eliminated a few years after the attraction opened.

I'm less inclined to use the single rider line at Soarin' (at Disney California Adventure) now that the new video looks so bad when seated on the far edges. Alas, single riders have a greater chance of getting those highly distorted views.

• California Screamin'
  • Goofy's Sky School
  • Grizzly River Run
  • Matterhorn Bobsleds
  • Soarin'
  • Splash Mountain

Splash at WDW will never have one since the logs are two-people wide. Soarin' and Dinosaur (aka Indy) could use them, but it would be difficult. Soarin' at DCA has a purpose-built single rider line that would be hard to duplicat at Epcot since the queue there is massively long. And Indy's single rider is just a mess, involving a convoluted march up the exit queue, so there's not even a real model to duplicate at AK.

Space Mountain (aka Matterhorn) could use single rider (especially since the loading zone CMs call for single riders all the time), but again there's the problem of a very long interior queue with nowhere to put a single-rider queue.

RnR (loosely aka California Screamin') and Test Track (loosely aka Radiator Springs Racers) already has single rider queues.

-----

Edit: Never knew Soarin' had a single rider queue at Epcot. It saves virtually no time at DCA due to the way the ride loads. Did it ever work well at Epcot?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter