Single Rider Lines

dhardawa

DIS Veteran
One other question. When we go, it will just be me and my 14 year old son. We typically take advantage of the single rider lines at Disney. How are those lines on the rides at Universal? I realize they’re not available on all rides, but can we save considerable time like we do at Disney?

You can, and unlike Disney which only has 5 rides (I think) with SR lines, most of the rides at Universal have single rider lines.

I haven’t been since January 2020, but single rider lines at Universal are the best, and a definite time-saver.

Here now and have noticed the past few days that a lot of single rider lines have been at capacity… especially at Velocicoaster. And the max wait time I have seen at that ride (with the exception of opening day) has been 90 minutes. But it does move very quickly. I have seen groups of 10-20 family or teens getting in the single rider line which I don’t get… but to each their own. I think this is what has been putting that at capacity though.

Bottom line I guess is single rider when parks are this busy might not always save you much, and you miss the best parts of the queue sometimes. Just my two cents. Enjoy your visit!

The single rider lines for 2 seater coasters (Velocicoaster, Hagrids, & RRR) are always the slowest movers.

Are any of the other SRLs hitting capacity? Those usually have very low waits (especially MiB).

We rode velociraptor at rope drop this morning. About 40 minute wait. Son and dil got in single rider line and it took 20 minutes. Got back in line immediately in single rider- took abt 20 minutes. Regular line was up to 75 minutes.

The park is at prepandemic in all ways.

Today, Monday, standby is 120. In single rider line now . Will update.

Last edited:
Hi all Universal newbie here. Does anyone know if single rider is now available for Hagrids?

Is Express faster than a single rider line? We have Express and there's a few coasters (Hulk, Rip Rocket, etc.) that I won't ride but my son will so usually I'm just hanging with him in the queue anyways so single rider makes so much sense. Would we better off using the express or should we just do single rider? I suppose he could do them twice though using both!

The single rider line was such a joke the last few days. Entire families were entering single rider and the wait times were usually as long as standby, if the line was open at all. My husband walked away frustrated several times, then just gave up attempting to ride the big coasters.

The single rider line was such a joke the last few days. Entire families were entering single rider and the wait times were usually as long as standby, if the line was open at all. My husband walked away frustrated several times, then just gave up attempting to ride the big coasters.
It’s sad, because it doesn’t have to be that way. They should just split up the party like the single rider line is meant to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter