Single Rider Lines - To Split Up or Not To Split Up?

Is there a single rider line at Space Mountain?

Unfortunately, no.

OP, if you don't have FP+ for TT, you can always decide what line you want to do when you get there. If you decide you want to do single rider, but you'd still like to design a car, you can always go into the TT gift shop first and head into the Chevrolet exit showcase area. They have design kiosks there. You can design your car, then walk back out of the gift shop and go in the single rider line. That way you can still see how your car rates!

My DS9 and I did single rider once. When we were there, the line definitely moved fast (sometimes it's faster than FP+, IMHO, as you don't stop in the design room). We decided afterward, however, that we really enjoyed riding together more (we are really into that car design/rating stuff!). But if your goal is to get on the ride as fast as possible, single rider is probably the way to go.

Single rider at RnR is really a gamble. I've had pretty good luck with it most of the time. But this past February my Dad and I were in the Single Rider line and it was moving really slow. I was starting to regret our decision. But shortly after getting past the pre show, I noticed that no new riders were entering the standby line. I don't know what happened. But after 5-10 minutes there was no one left in the standby line. So they loaded an entire train of Single Riders. Right before we launched, I saw people coming in via the Stand-by line again.

Not everyone likes to ride attractions alone. I prefer to share the experience with someone close to me, rather than sit by a stranger during the ride.

I didn't mean it's obvious that they should ride single rider, I meant that shouldn't they know whether they want to or not already. Why ask a forum?

I do.

Single rider lines aren't always the smartest choice. For example: the single rider line at Rock 'n' Rollercoaster of takes longer than the standby line.

OP stated in post they were going to Epcot and AK, so it was already known that it was TT and EE. Both single rider lines are a better option than SB. Since you stand in line together the entire time and only split up for a few minutes, it is the logical thing to do. If they have other issues that may impact their ability to ride apart, they didn't bring that up in the original post.

Not everyone likes to ride attractions alone. I prefer to share the experience with someone close to me, rather than sit by a stranger during the ride.

If someone doesn't like to ride alone, then they wouldn't even ask the question.

I thought I heard they did away with the single rider line for expedition everest. was that temporary?

I didn't mean it's obvious that they should ride single rider, I meant that shouldn't they know whether they want to or not already. Why ask a forum?

Because if you haven't done it before, you don't know the pros and cons. That's precisely why one would ask a forum. To get first-hand accounts of WDW experiences. As many people have posted, single rider may not be the best choice for some people, but how would you know that if you've never done it?

I thought I heard they did away with the single rider line for expedition everest. was that temporary?
I have never seen the single rider line running first thing in the morning (but we are always able to ride multiple times via standby), so maybe that's what that person saw and thought they did away with it completely?

Rude.

Maybe the single rider lines stack up and aren't an advantage? Maybe the CMs don't pull from the rider line but try and fit odd numbered groups together? Maybe it would mean hubby & I would ride far apart and one of us would spend too much time waiting for the other to arrive?

Sheesh.
Sorry but that didn't come across as rude to me. Lighten up. Sheesh.

They wouldn't be asking the question (or even entertain the idea) if they weren't interested in riding alone.

No brainer? I don't see why it's a debate?

I ride everything at Disney and enjoy them all. But, I'm not there for the thrills. I'm there to create a memory with my family. So, no. I have never used a single rider line, nor do I expect I ever will. If the time comes where I can't get at least one family member to go on an attraction with me, I'll skip that attraction. In my mind, hearing my daughter's scream, being able to glance at my son's face, or holding my wife's hand trumps 15 minutes saved in line.

Also, after you use your 3 FPs, make sure to check for FP for these attractions even if it is 1 and 1 instead of 2 for near the same time. I have had good luck getting EE later in the day. TT is a bit harder, but sometimes pops up.

Rude.

Maybe the single rider lines stack up and aren't an advantage? Maybe the CMs don't pull from the rider line but try and fit odd numbered groups together? Maybe it would mean hubby & I would ride far apart and one of us would spend too much time waiting for the other to arrive?

Sheesh.

There was nothing rude about an enthusiastic "yes" response to your question.

Whether or not to use any given line at any given moment is a separate question. We trust that you can evaluate that as you approach lines. But an overall YES is a bonafide response and isn't rude.

Many of us liked the poster's response because it's exactly what we were thinking. No debate no more thinking, yes.

They hopefully wouldn't be asking the question if they felt like you, though.

If someone doesn't like to ride alone, then they wouldn't even ask the question.

Exactly.

I ride everything at Disney and enjoy them all. But, I'm not there for the thrills. I'm there to create a memory with my family. So, no. I have never used a single rider line, nor do I expect I ever will. If the time comes where I can't get at least one family member to go on an attraction with me, I'll skip that attraction. In my mind, hearing my daughter's scream, being able to glance at my son's face, or holding my wife's hand trumps 15 minutes saved in line.

Whereas we like having things to talk about other than "it was cute hearing you scream" and "I like holding your hand", and meeting brand new fun excited people allows for that.

That's the pro-side of SR. not just saving time. And you can spend ALL line long with your family, and split literally for the time it takes each person to ride.

With as few sr lines as there are at wdw it could enable a person to buy a surprise gift for someone while they are still on the ride, etc.

DH and I used Single Rider on both EE and TT to get in multiple rides. We went directly to TT at rope drop through standby so we could design our car - no wait. Then, we hopped right back on through the Single Rider, again no wait, even though stand by had built to 10-15min. We rode in the same car, but different rows. We did something similar at EE. When we walked up to use our FP, the wait was only 5 min so we rode stand by, then used our FP. We wanted to ride a 3rd time, but the line had grown, so we rode single rider. Again, same car, different rows.

For us, it was a great way to ride multiple times without waiting. And, we were still able to experience each attraction together at least once.

OP, if you don't have FP+ for TT, you can always decide what line you want to do when you get there. If you decide you want to do single rider, but you'd still like to design a car, you can always go into the TT gift shop first and head into the Chevrolet exit showcase area. They have design kiosks there. You can design your car, then walk back out of the gift shop and go in the single rider line. That way you can still see how your car rates!
Just to add the potentially-obvious - if you take this approach, as we often do, be sure to *not* do the car design when you go through the line. For single-rider, it's a very abbreviated design, and, unless you have multiple bands, will overwrite the design you made outside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter