• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Single rider is glorious

For those of you that don’t see the difference between single rider and group single rider, it is pretty simple…
when A group of people enter the line designed for a true single it pushes the wait of those singles back.

not saying I have not done it but that also doesn’t mean it is “right” and the true singles are getting a longer wait time.
pretty much common sense really
If it’s common sense why does Disney itself say:

"Single Rider is a service that allows groups to split up and embark on select attractions individually!"

There really is no special ‘true single’ other than anybody willing to ride individually (as opposed to wanting to ride seated with one or more of your party). That is it. It includes everybody whether we’re by ourself or with the entire royal army.

The single rider line is for.......SINGLE riders. Parties of one. It's not for greedy families to split up and abuse just so they can get through the line faster.

If a group splits up and rides single, they are single riders. Sometimes they put more than one single rider in a vehicle, but as long as you're willing to split up and sit where directed, that is not abuse. Each member of that family IS a single rider because they are riding singly, not together.

It doesn't really matter what others think. It only matters what Disney thinks. The cupcakes weren't technically wrong, but were an abuse. People defended every side. Ultimately Disney decided to change it.

People were abusing the disabilities passes. People defended it every which way, but Disney eventually changed it.

Fastpasses are for getting a jump on the queue. Single rider lines are for single riders. The system can only take so much abuse before it causes a problem big enough that Disney cannot ignore.
Single rider is vastly different from BOG cupcake scenario.

On the plus side, COVID must officially be over as evidenced by the fact that we're once again debating using a system as it's intended vs. doing so being characterized as abuse (I refer you back to the Great FP War of 2012).

If a group splits up and rides single, they are single riders. Sometimes they put more than one single rider in a vehicle, but as long as you're willing to split up and sit where directed, that is not abuse. Each member of that family IS a single rider because they are riding singly, not together.

Why is this so hard for some people to grasp? I’m stunned by the number of people who think the single rider line was implemented by Disney for the sole purpose of making the wait shorter for solo travelers.

Is there an updated list of single rider lines somewhere? Headed to the parks this weekend and I found some old articles, but thought there may have been changes during the pandemic

Way back in the days of old, carnival workers used to ask the next party in line if they wanted to split up and fill the last seats in one ride and then the next seats in the next. If they declined, the workers would hurriedly ask how big the next few party sizes were and if anyone wanted to fill the seats. This was inefficient, and put a lot of stress on the young, inexperienced, low paid worker to manage a line and a ride at the same time.

So, theme parks created single rider lines where families who WOULD be willing to split up if it meant they got to jump on the next ride vs waiting for it to go around again could self-identify so the ride operator no longer has to manage the line and the ride, but just the ride. When he counts out his groups seats, he just has to count the empties and grab those people from single rider.

That's it. That's what it's for. To make the employee's job easier and the ride more efficient. It's not about giving single travelers an advantage over families - that would not be profitable for theme parks (who want to attract more goers, not less, and every car with 5 is better than every car with 1). So, anyone can use it b/c anyone can fill the "efficient" role.

PS - When I was a teen on the Jersey boardwalk, my fam ROUTINELY volunteered to split so we could ride faster and then get in line again for our favorite rides...anything to make lines go and to get us more rides each night...

For those of you that don’t see the difference between single rider and group single rider, it is pretty simple…
when A group of people enter the line designed for a true single it pushes the wait of those singles back.

not saying I have not done it but that also doesn’t mean it is “right” and the true singles are getting a longer wait time.
pretty much common sense really
They may be group waiters, but they are still single riders.

Is there an updated list of single rider lines somewhere? Headed to the parks this weekend and I found some old articles, but thought there may have been changes during the pandemic
Still only 4.
EE, TT, MFSR and RnRC.
During Co-Vid, all single rider lines were closed.
Have read different reports, so not sure if all 4 are open yet or not.

Reactions: RG3
Why is this so hard for some people to grasp? I’m stunned by the number of people who think the single rider line was implemented by Disney for the sole purpose of making the wait shorter for solo travelers.
Because, if that were true, EVERY ride would have single rider. Not just 5 ( or however many!) Why would “single riders” only be granted “special waits” on a few rides?🤣. Plus, financially, Disney appreciates big old families and groups rather than “singles”. 7,675 people can go through the single rider line if they want to. Single just means “one” ( with the understanding that you might/probably will be separated from your group.

Not resentful, mostly annoyed. I do think it's an abuse of the system, and if wait times continue to rise, it will eventually result in a change - a la BOG cupcakes. Abused loopholes eventually get fixed.
How do you think they are going to prove someone isn't a single rider?

Still only 4.
EE, TT, MFSR and RnRC.
During Co-Vid, all single rider lines were closed.
Have read different reports, so not sure if all 4 are open yet or not.

Am I understanding correctly that TT is the best one to use the single ride on and the others are only so-so?

I’m stunned by the number of people who think the single rider line was implemented by Disney for the sole purpose of making the wait shorter for solo travelers.

I'm stunned by how many people think this is what those who are opposed to the OP's method thinks.

NO one ever said that solo travelers should get shorter wait times. What we're saying is that the single rider line is meant for solo park goers to fill unused seats and make the line move faster for everyone (regular line and single rider line). Sometimes those waits are shorter, sometimes not.

People interpret things and find different things morally acceptable. You do you and I'm gonna do me. Thanks.

What we're saying is that the single rider line is meant for solo park goers to fill unused seats and make the line move faster for everyone (regular line and single rider line). Sometimes those waits are shorter, sometimes not.

What we're saying is that the single rider line is meant for solo park goers to fill unused seats and make the line move faster for everyone (regular line and single rider line). Sometimes those waits are shorter, sometimes not.

Corrected that for you, because that is where you are mistaken.

Am I understanding correctly that TT is the best one to use the single ride on and the others are only so-so?
I like EE the best because you can look and see how long it is. I skip riding TT altogether most trips, I have been in some very long SR lines for both TT and RnRC. As someone already mentioned, you don't get the best job/position for MF as a single.

Corrected that for you, because that is where you are mistaken.

I realize it makes you feel superior to tell me I'm mistaken but the truth is, I'm not. As mentioned above, it does not state that on the WDW site. WDW has a host of differences from DL so the rules applied to one park do not necessarily apply to the other park.

Even if it did, you're not changing my mind. It's just plain wrong to do that imo (never been a solo rider in my life, btw). I don't care what you think, what Nancy thinks, what Karen thinks, or what Joe Blow thinks. I don't need validation from people on the internet and I'm entitled to my own thoughts, interpretations and beliefs. Period. End of story.

So keep "correcting", I guess? Whatever floats your boat. Knock yourself out.

And I'll keep on commenting my thoughts on a.......(imagine this.....) discussion board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter