Single Rider available for Web Slingers

DLRExpert

and WDWExpert?
The way it seems to work.
Get in the Single Rider Queue.
Queue left is for the LL, Right is for the Stand By, Middle is Single Rider.

After the preshow, Single Riders go down a separate hallway.
Shocking that they would do this, since they are trying to sell ILL$.

Video Example

Last edited:
They can sell more web tech this way. I have the base unit and wasn't going to buy add ons until I got enough practice. Now, I can grind out the ride and get enough value out of them.

If you look at the reservation calendar, you can also see that Disney is now prioritizing Magic Keys over single tickets which is a change in strategy from the Halloween and Christmas seasons. Keyholders may want to go into DCA to get in some practice with Web Slingers and Midway Mania. But they don't want to wait in that long line so they don't go in to DCA at all which means they're not going to buy any snacks or meals at DCA that day. Now, they just need to add single rider to Midway Mania.

They can sell more web tech this way. I have the base unit and wasn't going to buy add ons until I got enough practice. Now, I can grind out the ride and get enough value out of them.

If you look at the reservation calendar, you can also see that Disney is now prioritizing Magic Keys over single tickets which is a change in strategy from the Halloween and Christmas seasons. Keyholders may want to go into DCA to get in some practice with Web Slingers and Midway Mania. But they don't want to wait in that long line so they don't go in to DCA at all which means they're not going to buy any snacks or meals at DCA that day. Now, they just need to add single rider to Midway Mania.
From my understanding midway mania had it when the ride first opened but they removed within the first few years of operation.

Think this is good. Being a team ride, having all 4 will make the experience better without having to call out for one. Fill and keep vehicles moving.

My boys did single rider yesterday and managed to make it through in about 10 minutes vs. the 55 minute posted wait. Wish it would have been available Friday though! As first timers, we thought it was fun but not worth the hour we spent in line.

Now, they just need to add single rider to Midway Mania.
No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no.

They don't do single rider on Midway Mania because the overwhelming majority of people don't want to ride with a stranger or play against them. As a frequent single rider, the couple of times they threw someone in the car with me were the absolute, unrelenting worst. It fundamentally alters the ride - it basically cut my scores in half, with the bonus of it being insanely awkward competing against a rando.

(It's hard to do some of the tricks if the other person doesn't know or doesn't care, and it's not much fun for either of us if I'm outscoring them by 75,000+ points.)

The CMs can always find another pair to fill an empty row. That's all the ride needs.

Webslingers is completely different than that because the cumulative score is what counts. So everybody can have their own score and play their own way - and it's more fun because there are a multitude of targets and you're more spread out. Single rider should work really well there.

Last edited:
No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no.

They don't do single rider on Midway Mania because the overwhelming majority of people don't want to ride with a stranger or play against them. As a frequent single rider, the couple of times they threw someone in the car with me were the absolute, unrelenting worst. It fundamentally alters the ride - it basically cut my scores in half, with the bonus of it being insanely awkward competing against a rando.

(It's hard to do some of the tricks if the other person doesn't know or doesn't care, and it's not much fun for either of us if I'm outscoring them by 75,000+ points.)

The CMs can always find another pair to fill an empty row. That's all the ride needs.

Webslingers is completely different than that because the cumulative score is what counts. So everybody can have their own score and play their own way - and it's more fun because there are a multitude of targets and you're more spread out. Single rider should work really well there.

You're right. I was thinking about the line but momentarily forgot that single rider means being put in a vehicle like that. I don't do single rider for Smugglers Run because you're almost always stuck as the engineer when doing that.

I agree. I was a bit enamored with the idea of the WEB tech, especially the Iron Man ones, but when I was there, it was clear that in practice I was riding this thing once. I certianly wasn't going to buy the gadgets before I had even tried it out. With a reasonable SR line, I feel like I could do that.

I agree. I was a bit enamored with the idea of the WEB tech, especially the Iron Man ones, but when I was there, it was clear that in practice I was riding this thing once. I certianly wasn't going to buy the gadgets before I had even tried it out. With a reasonable SR line, I feel like I could do that.

Just know that Web Tech often lags and misfires. The trick to minimize issues is to wear it when the ride starts but take it off and put it on your lap right before the first screen opens. It takes practice to figure out the timing when it will register with the ride but not lag. Even then, some of your rides will be bad glitchy experiences once you start using Web Tech.

Just know that Web Tech often lags and misfires. The trick to minimize issues is to wear it when the ride starts but take it off and put it on your lap right before the first screen opens. It takes practice to figure out the timing when it will register with the ride but not lag. Even then, some of your rides will be bad glitchy experiences once you start using Web Tech.

Hmmm...good to know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter