Single Rider Attractions

LKing

DIS Veteran
I'm looking for a list of which rides at the different parks offer single rider.

Epcot-Test Track but they are closing the ride in June
Hollywood Studios- Rock n Roller Coaster, MFSR
Universal Studios- Mummy, MiB, Gringotts, Transformers
IoA- Velicoaster, Forbidden Journey, JP River Journey, Hagrid’s.

Hulk and Rip Ride Rocket may also have single rider but I don’t go those rides often so not totally sure.

Animal Kingdom - Expedition Everest

Thanks for your response. We're looking at April 2025 and only WDW (4 parks in 4 days with no park hopper).

Trying to figure out when it is beneficial to do single rider vs Genie + vs ILL.

At WDW, single rider isn’t super useful. You can get a lot done by rope dropping or staying late in the parks, if you don’t want to pay for Genie+.

Test Track is traditionally a good option for single riders.

Many Disney attractions now split into groups of odd number of guests vs even number of guests so there is far less need for single riders.

Animal Kingdom - Expedition Everest (that’s often a good choice too)

Last edited:
The only WDW ride I would not recommend single rider for is Rock N Roller Coaster. I have waited longer than the posted standby wait multiple times in the single rider line so I've learned my lesson there. A good rule of thumb is that if you can physically see the single rider line end on the ramp towards the inside queue area, don't get in line. Just hop into standby or get a Lightning Lane.

Also Space Mountain doesn't technically have a single rider line but when you are in the room with the standby/Genie+ merge point, if you tell the CM you are a single rider they will send you to a different line.

The only WDW ride I would not recommend single rider for is Rock N Roller Coaster. I have waited longer than the posted standby wait multiple times in the single rider line so I've learned my lesson there. A good rule of thumb is that if you can physically see the single rider line end on the ramp towards the inside queue area, don't get in line. Just hop into standby or get a Lightning Lane.

Also Space Mountain doesn't technically have a single rider line but when you are in the room with the standby/Genie+ merge point, if you tell the CM you are a single rider they will send you to a different line.
I agree. The last time that DW & I rode RnR together, we noticed one guy in a distinctive outfit enter the SR line. Even though we were in the normal standby line, we boarded before he did. We saw him again, and there were probably 20 more single riders in front of him before the boarding CM. The CMs do a pretty good job filling the limos and only every once in a while do they need a SR.

For Space Mountain, just as you enter the big room with all the switchbacks, there is a sign to notify a CM if you are a single rider. It can be challenging to get the attention of a CM as you're going through all the switchbacks. Usually you have to work your way through all the switchbacks before you get to the CM directing the final left/right split, and they'll let the SRs bypass the last little bit of line.

Also, for MFSR, the single rider line bypasses the pre-show. If it is your first time doing MFSR, you'll miss out on important storytelling of your mission and some of the characters.

I think that Remy's was built with a SR line, but they've never used it. One time I was going through the LL queue for Remy's, and I noticed a sign for it.

I think that Remy's was built with a SR line, but they've never used it. One time I was going through the LL queue for Remy's, and I noticed a sign for it.
Yes, it was built but never used. The seat dividers were also removed from the ride vehicles so I suspect that queue will not be used.

Thanks for the great feedback about the amount of time it takes for single rider.

I'm trying to understand ILL at WDW. Disneyland doesn't have the a la carte option, but there are couple of rides (Radiator Springs Racer and Rise) where there is no Genie +. For those rides, you either go standby or purchase an individual LL. Is there the same at WDW? How often do ILL sell out before the parks open?

We are strongly considering staying off site and are trying to figure out what we would miss out on if we did that. We are a couple in our 50s who go to Disneyland several times a month. Right now, it doesn't seem that the Disney bubble would be worth $500+ per night for us.

At WDW ILL$ attractions are either ILL$ or standby. They are:
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (MK)
- Rise of the Resistance (DHS)
- Flight of Passage (AK)

There are no regular LL available for the attractions above.

The other 2 ILL$ attractions are ILL$ and Virtual Queue. There are no standby lines for these:
- Tron (MK)
- Guardians of the Galaxy (EP)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter