single digit boogie!!

diberry

DIS Veteran
At last!!!! Today we're in single digits for our countdown to California!! I'm just so excited - we've been looking forward to it for ages and now it's nearly here! L.A., Las Vegas, San Diego and - of course, the best bit of all - Anaheim and the original Disneyland. YAY!!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
(Hope it's ok to put this on here Karen even though it's not DLP.)

Woo hoo Di!!! How are the excitement levels in your household?!!!
:banana: :maleficen :jumping1: :maleficen :banana:

Diberry,

I did that holiday a few years ago and it was the best holiday I've ever had. Although we went to Arizona and San Francisco. I'd love to know your plans - if that's not being too nosey!

Joanne

Elaine - only just holding it down at the moment!!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Joanne - always delighted to talk about our hols!!! We fly into L.A. for 2 nights on the Queen Mary at Long Beach (plus an L.A. Dodgers game for Dave while I might just do some shopping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). Plan to do Universal Studios and a general tour of Hollywood - Walk of Fame, Mann's Chinese Theater etc. Then drive across to Vegas for 4 days which we're really excited about having heard so much about it!! Then a couple of days in San Diego which we've heard is beautiful - plan to do Seaworld and maybe the zoo. Then a week in Anaheim at Disneyland of course!! We're staying directly across the street from the parks - a 5 minute walk!! Yee Haa!! (as they say!!)
What did you do and where did you go/stay? Any tips?
Karen may decide to move this to the Community Board (wouldn't blame you Karen!! Sorry!!)

Di, was watching your countdown yesterday so was getting ready for the single digit boogie :banana: :banana:

Your plans sound great. Have a wonderful time and let us see the photos and a long trip report ;)

Reid

Cyrano said:
Di, was watching your countdown yesterday so was getting ready for the single digit boogie :banana: :banana:

Your plans sound great. Have a wonderful time and let us see the photos and a long trip report ;)

Reid
Thanks Reid!! I'll be bursting to tell everyone all about it so you may have difficulty shutting me up!!!!! ;)

How exciting Di - it sounds like a fabulous itinerary!!! :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :Pinkbounc Can't wait to hear all about it!! :hyper:

Di,

We flew into LA for one night then went to San Francisco for 4 nights via Highway 101 - unbelievable scenery inc Big Sur. Loved SF - then to Las Vegas via Yosemite National Park and Death Valley which was also wonderful. DV especially because I didn't know what to expect and some of it was breathtaking. Then Arizona for a few days then back to LA for about 10 days. Only spent one day at Disneyland but also went to Universal and Magic Mountain. In LA we did the things you've mentioned also window shopping down Rodeo Drive - valet parking just for a public car park! Had a drink in the Beverley Hills Hotel. Spent one Sunday at Venice Beach - which I'd recommend but not at night, it gets way too dangerous but during the day it's great. I had a hair wrap done and my tarot cards read so really got into the swing of it!

I could go on and on (thinking of the guys working out at muscle beach now!).

I can't wait until the children are old enough to appreciate it because I am desperate to go back!

I'm sure you will have the most fabulous time,

Joanne

I would love to do a trip like yours Di, it sounds fantastic. definately one for the future :)

When you are in Vegas, head to Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville for a frozen Margarita. Absolutely amazing!

Oh and try the "dishes" buffet at ti (Treasure Island)

Have a great time

Steve

Thanks everyone for your enthusiasm!!! Just wondering how I'm going to get through the next 9 days!! :rotfl:
Joanne - your trip sounds fantastic - I'd love to go to San fran and Death Valley too but we've probably got enough planned for this particular 2 weeks!! ;) Maybe next time?
Verity - As you are expecting your first baby I hope you don't have to wait as long as me - my first "baby" will be 27 next month!! :rotfl2:
Steve - glad you mentioned that - DH is a huge Jimmy Buffett fan!!
:grouphug:

SteveyJC said:
When you are in Vegas, head to Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville for a frozen Margarita. Absolutely amazing!
Steve

we had a fab time at JBM as well. A great meal, very entertaining. We had 2 buffets (circus circus and stratosphere) they were both good. I love those all you can eat buffets! If you make it to Stratosphere I would recommend going up the tower at night, the view with the lights was fantastic :)

verity.xx

Yes I'd love to do that - but not to go on one of those "dangle you over the edge from the top of the tower" rides!!!!! :scared1:

diberry said:
but not to go on one of those "dangle you over the edge from the top of the tower" rides!!!!! :scared1:

OH! I felt quite ill just looking at them!!! :scared1:

Di, I am soooo jealous of you. I mean that in the nicest of ways :teeth:

Hurray Di!!

I do hope you will join me in my dance in 48 hours' time ;)

Fancy abandoning Rhiannon though and jauting off to California. I'm sure the NSPCC would have something to say about that! Right, Rhiannon? ;)

Miffy2003 said:
Fancy abandoning Rhiannon though and jauting off to California. I'm sure the NSPCC would have something to say about that! Right, Rhiannon? ;)

Quite right! I'm very jealous and like to remind her that she would never have gone to Disney if it hadn't been for me! However while she's there, I'll be in Monte Carlo then Nice so that'll be a significant consolation to me!!!

I love Vegas, sooo much fun. I like to think of it as Disneyland for adults!!!

Id def try the buffet at ti. Its newly opened this year and is very good! Different sort of stuff, not like the stodge at some of the hotels

DL CA is fantastic!!! I like it more so than WDW, as it seems more like it should be. I always feel like WDW is a town in England, with so many english families - not that I dont like english families, but I think of Disney as being American, and it genuinly seems like that in California.

(please dont start about me being against England etc etc, not meant to offend anybody)

Oh and if you are about LA, check out Santa Monica, FAR nicer than downtown LA!

Stevey

Don't answer this Di if you think I'm being too nosey but which is a more expensive trip WDW or DLC? Are there private villas to stay at in DLC or is it mostly hotels?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter