Silly Question about video chat registration

Thorazine

Earning My Ears
I understand that your entire trip must to be within the window, 30 days in advance to two days in advance.

So if I have a 10 day trip, by the time the entire trip is within that window, it’s actually 20 days before my first day in the parks. And that is the earliest I can do it. Is this correct?

Also, if that is true, for longer trips, I should assume that most of the early part of my trip will have pre-selections with less availability. Like, I wouldn’t be able to reserve something such slinky dog on my first day because it will only be 20 days out.

I am not complaining at all, I am just making sure I understand.

I am pretty sure it is now 30 days from your first park day. I have a very short 3 day trip so I just called on my first weekday off after the 30 days. We got what we wanted and they were morning times. That being said we didn’t ask for what most people would call popular rides like SDD.

The Disney world site says: “ Please note that all park visits must be within 30 to 2 days of the live chat.” ???

I was 30 days from the first day of our 11 day trip, and was able to prebook every attraction throughout the entire trip.
This is wonderful news! Can anyone else confirm this so we can rule out that it was not a fluke or 'maybethisyear' just got lucky?

This is wonderful news! Can anyone else confirm this so we can rule out that it was not a fluke or 'maybethisyear' just got lucky?

I've read this from multiple people on the board. As another poster said I think early on this was some inconsistency with this, but from what I've read lately and consistently you can make the pre selections for the length of trip

I was able to register our 2 children when our first park day was 30 days out. But waited until the next day to choose our advance selections so that both our park days were in the 30 day window. Otherwise, I would only have been able to make advance selections for that one day.

Yup. Just did mine today. We have a 13 day trip and were able to book the entire thing at 30 days out from arrival date. That includes us split staying between 5 different resorts. So that was good unlike booking ADRs which require your window to start over...and over...and over to book those on split stays. Other than getting kicked off the site once, and I was able to rejoin my chat after a few minutes, it was really slick. They gave me a link to readily see the list of attractions available to pre-selection and they had my park reservations up right in front of them so they knew which park to ask about each day. Slick! You can book the same attraction again and again on different park days, FYI. I booked Slinky 3 times since we'll be in that park on 3 different days. There's so much to know, I didn't know that one.

Yup. Just did mine today. We have a 13 day trip and were able to book the entire thing at 30 days out from arrival date. That includes us split staying between 5 different resorts. So that was good unlike booking ADRs which require your window to start over...and over...and over to book those on split stays. Other than getting kicked off the site once, and I was able to rejoin my chat after a few minutes, it was really slick. They gave me a link to readily see the list of attractions available to pre-selection and they had my park reservations up right in front of them so they knew which park to ask about each day. Slick! You can book the same attraction again and again on different park days, FYI. I booked Slinky 3 times since we'll be in that park on 3 different days. There's so much to know, I didn't know that one.
The DAS information on the website still says:
”Please note that all park visits must be within 30 to 2 days of the live chat.”

This may be just coincidence, or maybe it doesn’t mean anything - but, the people I’ve noticed saying they were able to make DAS Advance Selections for more than 30 days were staying at a WDW resort. So, maybe the notice is mostly for guests who are not staying on-site???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter